What's new

2023 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of The Prisoner

Fatip Friday!

PXL_20230330_232844914.jpg

Fatip Lo Storto Grande Gentile slant with Q Shave blade, D.R. Harris Naturals and RR Big Bruce

It has been a good B&B month for me...Still In GRUME, GRUYERE and 365 Shaves.
I want to thank Brandon, @FoolishMortal, Stan, @KQY61 and @Leverspro for sponsoring my monthly threads. 🍻🍻🍻
Thanks to the rest of the guys for your participation and for making B&B a very very special place! 🍻

When I returned to B&B last year, Guido, @Guido75 was the first person to help me identify the razor I am using today. In honor of his friendly, funny and gregarious personality, I am participating in Fatip Friday (started by David, @never-stop-learning).

Tomorrow, (April Fools Day) is also Semogue Saturdays! , the start of April GRUME and Vintage April.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

No April Fools here. I used my Karve Chris Bradley with the B plate this morning and got a smooth, close and enjoyable shave. I loaded it up with a Nacet blade and lathered up with Proraso cream. It was nice to use Skin Bracer aftershave today as it’s been on hiatus since October. That menthol scent is so nice!

3B294D9E-2A68-4375-8DA6-BD1E29C5B393.jpeg

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Still in.

I had a wonderful shave this morning!
After not shaving for 7 days, I thought I would use my Fatip Open Comb Lo Storto razor, and a Gillette Platinum blade.
I also used Rasozero Barbacco shaving soap, and a Yaqi Synthetic brush I've had for a few years.

With this combination I was able to remove 7 days of growth from my face with only two very comfortable and efficient passes.

SV Saturday
Semogue Saturdays!
Vintage April
1st Day of April GRUME 🍻
Q1 of GRUYERE completed
Still on track with 365 Shaves
Whew!

PXL_20230401_134453422.jpg

Schick Krona with Q Shave blade, Semogue 830 and SV Manna Di Sicilia

Yesterday Kathy and I did some yard work and started our new herb garden. Potatoes and onions are in the ground and tomatoes and peppers will be soon. (We discovered the Mediterranean Diet a couple months ago) The LSU ladies basketball team advanced to the March Madness Championship Game.
Today our granddaughter has a couple of her paintings on display at a local art gallery and more men's March Madness games tonight. Oh yeah, I gotta mow the yard later this afternoon. We're cooking falafels and rice for supper. Whew!

🥂 to the start of a new month!

SV Saturday
Semogue Saturdays!
Vintage April
1st Day of April GRUME 🍻
Q1 of GRUYERE completed
Still on track with 365 Shaves
Whew!

PXL_20230401_134453422.jpg

Schick Krona with Q Shave blade, Semogue 830 and SV Manna Di Sicilia

Yesterday Kathy and I did some yard work and started our new herb garden. Potatoes and onions are in the ground and tomatoes and peppers will be soon. (We discovered the Mediterranean Diet a couple months ago) The LSU ladies basketball team advanced to the March Madness Championship Game.
Today our granddaughter has a couple of her paintings on display at a local art gallery and more men's March Madness games tonight. Oh yeah, I gotta mow the yard later this afternoon. We're cooking falafels and rice for supper. Whew!

🥂 to the start of a new month!

It sounds like your month is off to a great start.

:thumbup1:

Date02.04.2023
365 daily shaves /
GRUYERE
92/365 (100%)
GRUME April /
Soap of the Month Club(SOTMC) /
Vintage April
02/30 (100%)

Face
RazorBladeBrush
Swedish SwingPersonna Blue (2)Zenith 502B XSE
SoapPasses
(3:here and 2.5: here)
Pre- & Post-shave
TGS Inferno

WTG/XTG/ATG
Cold splash
Floïd

Head
RazorBladeBrush
Swedish SwingPersonna Blue (3)Zenith 502B XSE
SoapPasses
(3:here and 2.5: here)
Pre- & Post-shave
TGS Inferno

WTG/ATG
Cold splash
Floïd

Efficiency (scoring details here)Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (clean)
EffectivenessComfort
8/10 (DFS+)8/10 (comfortable)

Notes to today’s shave:

Still in. The universe decided to test me again on my Karve Kravings. Fits the bill perfectly. I have been able to restrain myself for now. And I hope it sells pretty soon!

The star of today’s shave was the Zenith by @flask28! Wow! Based on this one performance I might even develop a liking to boars! Excellent lather thick and slick. Worked very well.

An excellent start of this Sunday I would say. Did errands yesterday so today is more about tidying up and relaxing before another week of work starts.

Full shave notes and more can be found in my journal here.

Enjoy your shave!

I believe the great blade exchange is available to us in the GRUYERE. You aren't technically buying anything and it is more of a trade. Hopefully I'm correct because I had planned on using it in the next month or two.
Hi,

Yes, it is available to us all. It's a B&B official operation. All such are automatic exceptions. :)

And, caught up on the check-ins. I have been pretty busy the past couple of days and haven't looked in. Lots of check-ins to catch up on. :)

Looks like only 18 to go.

Stan

Number 40 checking in and still in. Started the month with the Swedish Swing OC this morning. DFS! The Old Spice vintage is still holding strong, probably at least another month left. The Omega mixed midget is just right for the Old Spice mug. Be seeing you......

Sir Clough Williams-Ellis, architect and creator of Portmeirion in North Wales, meets Patrick McGoohan on the set of The Prisoner, 1967.

1680443146701.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom