What's new

2023 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of The Prisoner

Shame this is out of stock. I could keep it in the den as a reminder of what can happen to those that stray...

Hi,

Well, as I can't see how you can shave with the Rover Model, it's OK to buy. If they ever get in any more stock....

Be Seeing You

Stan - Still In

Hi,

The original Rover was a remote control floating ATV of sorts. It didn't work out so they used that weather balloon.

PDVD_009.jpg

This is the best photo of it I could find. Not much out there because it didn't get used. I think I recall where it sank and that was that.

Be seeing you!

Stan

Wax On...Wax Off...Wax On...Wax Off...
I"m in training for Fruity February and OBIF
I'm also thinking about going to Over-Achievers Anonymous meetings :letterk1:

Gear for the week in SWS:

Castle Forbes Lime Oil
Feather Kamisori DX
Feather Artist Club Pro *
Muhle XL STF Olive wood brush **

I quit trying to keep count of how many times I use a blade. I'm going to use a new one on Feb. 1st
** I may use a different brush this week

A short story- During my first GRUME, (May 2021) I was successful but was out the next month because I thought I HAD TO HAVE a lime cream. This is it.

Breaking News: I knew I had a RR Hawk SE razor somewhere. I finally found it yesterday. Now I have two single edge razor options for next month.

Still In GRUME, GRUYERE & 365 Shaves

Please take care of yourself and each other.

PXL_20230127_165936664.jpg

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
The original Rover was a remote control flo
OK full disclosure and possible disqualifying behavior but I don't think so. You guys tell me.

I bought some shaving items but not for use or to keep. I bought them to resell online as a possible side hustle but just testing.

Thoughts?

I don’t think there’s an issue selling shave equipment during the sabbatical, but purchasing is definitely out.

Were you in the 2022 sabbatical? If so, you can buy what you need during the restock period. I would think that includes any shave related equipment you’re looking to sell during the 2023 calendar year.

If I read the 2022 thread correctly, the first out was on January 7th. So in that sense we are on a roll! Maybe perception is projection by the Prisoner theme 😁.

Thanks to @Guido75 for your detective work.

Based on the above comments it seems that unless @JKaboom has not actually purchased anything, he is out. I believe he was not in the 2022 sabbatical. Can anyone confirm that I am reading this right?

2023 GRUYERE #49 - Still in
January 2023 GRUME #18 - Still in

Date: 01.30.23
Days growth: 3

Head shaver

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: Parker Synthetic (WHSY)

Pre-shave: Hot shower using Nablus soap on face and head with facial scrubber

Lather: Nablus Soap - face lathered

Passes: 3 (All on setting 3 with the Progress)

Thanks to @Guido75 for your detective work.

Based on the above comments it seems that unless @JKaboom has not actually purchased anything, he is out. I believe he was not in the 2022 sabbatical. Can anyone confirm that I am reading this right?
Correct, I was not in the 2022 sabbatical. I had bought the items strictly to resell, I'd like to start a little side gig reselling some shave stuff. The soaps mentioned did not sell so I did a PIF on them and shipping them out today or tomorrow. Let me know officially. I think I am adhering to the intent here but by the letter maybe not...

Still in.

I've been a bit under the radar in the last couple of days... To be honest, I have hardly dared to leave my residence in the last few days.

Friends, I think I'm being watched here. The whole thing is starting to give me the creeps.

A few days ago, I was sitting in my favorite Café having a cup of The Village coffee and reading the weekend edition of Tally Ho when I recognized out of the corner of my eye a person who seemed to be watching me.

I paid my credits and walked towards my residence. I hid behind the corner of a building... and waited until the guy arrived.

Unfortunately, my pursuer seemed to have seen me. Before I could catch him, he ran away. I just managed to take a quick photo. Today I could pick up the developed pictures from the general store.

Screenshot_20230108_160901_YouTube.jpg
Does anyone know this man?

Please report any relevant information to number 31.

Maybe I'm just imagining things - but something is not right here!

Be seeing you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom