What's new

2022 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek Season 2

Well, technically I am still in, haven’t bought anything shave related since a few years (I am in the leap year/decade restraint), but since I missed last check-in, I guess I am out on this one for the moment and will join again next year’s restraint.

Hi,

Or, just stay in with the Play At Home Game. Meaning get back to posting a bit. Especially as you are in the Leap Year and/or Decade Long restraint as well. :)

Me, too.

And, this has me thinking.....Anyone who checks-in for the second quarter check-in (Real Soon Now) as if they had been In for the first-quarter check-in....And can say they have been Faithfully Restraining....I'll take you off the Out List from the 1st quarter and put you back on the In List. How's that sound?

Stan

Hi,

Or, just stay in with the Play At Home Game. Meaning get back to posting a bit. Especially as you are in the Leap Year and/or Decade Long restraint as well. :)

Me, too.

And, this has me thinking.....Anyone who checks-in for the second quarter check-in (Real Soon Now) as if they had been In for the first-quarter check-in....And can say they have been Faithfully Restraining....I'll take you off the Out List from the 1st quarter and put you back on the In List. How's that sound?

Stan

Hi Stan

Sounds definitely good to me!

Since I am in both leap year/decade restraints, I have no problem to continue the restraint. When I started wet shaving around 2014/2015, I was pretty fast hoarding many shaving soaps and creams, somehow fearing of missing a soap which might be better than what I already had, it went quite a bit out of hands. Only to realize later how long a puck of soap is really lasting (and not finding a much better performing soap than the widely available Tabac puck). So at the moment, whenever I read a review about a great shaving soap I was not aware of, I remember myself being in the restraints and refrain from buying anything shave related.

It's been a couple of weeks since I last visited--anyway, I finished my tub of Stirling Coconut Lime today. Considering how hot it's been in Georgia lately, it was a nice, light scent! I am down to only 4 soaps left: XXX Fresco, Catie's Bubbles AdP clone, PdP No. 63, and Tabac. They are all probably around 75%--I think the XXX Fresco will be my next daily soap, but I might add in something else on weekends. We'll see!

Oh--still in. I haven't even used my exception, yet. But will probably need those blades before the year is over.

It's been a couple of weeks since I last visited--anyway, I finished my tub of Stirling Coconut Lime today. Considering how hot it's been in Georgia lately, it was a nice, light scent! I am down to only 4 soaps left: XXX Fresco, Catie's Bubbles AdP clone, PdP No. 63, and Tabac. They are all probably around 75%--I think the XXX Fresco will be my next daily soap, but I might add in something else on weekends. We'll see!

Oh--still in. I haven't even used my exception, yet. But will probably need those blades before the year is over.

Done to 4!?!? And those are good 4, the Tabac and PdP could last you 1 to 2 years.

Done to 4!?!? And those are good 4, the Tabac and PdP could last you 1 to 2 years.
I think at my max, I had about 15 soaps/creams. A couple sat too long and went rancid, which was disappointing. I know it shouldn't happen, but I was trying every new artisan and I guess some didn't have the saponification process right. Anyway, I decided I wanted to work it down to a 1 year supply so I can rotate more quickly and keep soaps fresh. Over the past 5 years I have added a couple of new soaps, but mostly focused on using up what I had. I think I'll be down to 3 soaps by the end of this sabbatical and still might not need to buy anything next year because of the Tabac and PdP.

Still in. Yesterday's shave.
CBD4FA9F-DE1E-45B8-A06C-27B11ED90EC7_1_201_a.jpeg

HI,

Ugh. Thrift Shops. So, was that under $10?

I'm still thinking about the Yard Sale, Estate Sale, Thrift Shop under $10 exception for next year.

Stan

----

Still In:

#1 KQY61 - Exception: Pack of Med Preps
#2 CzechCzar - exception - Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream with Hyaluronic Acid for Extra-Dry Skin

#5 sjblon - Exception: Vintage razor
#6 Jim99 - exception: puck of Christmas soap
#7 ADudeandHisDogs: no exception
#8 02FLHTCI: Blackland Era
#9 EB Newfarm no exception
#10 Sotiris_A: a badger brush
#11 T.Orso: Lucky Tiger AS

#13 Jamesearthdrum: Cella soap
#14 Noodles: no exception

#16 Crisp Rat: Super Adjustable
#17 Pepin - Exception: vintage razor

#19 Doorcube - Exception: Soap
#20 JeffJ - no exception

#26 ShavingPanda - no exception

#29 Southern_S - Exception: Proraso White Preshave
#30 Wil_D no exceptions

#32 Smooth and Sharp - a razor

#36 kjbarth - no exception at this time

#39 Invicta - no exception

#41 AZBronco - exception Feather FHS10 blades

#43 Ruva - no exception
#44 Heron - exception one aftershave
#45 Whisky - no exception

#50 B_R_A_D - Razor
#51 MuhleShaver - no exception
#52 Esetter

Lost In Space:

#35 wmadoty - no exceptions again - Lost 2/12/22 for four thrift store razors for $20
#21 snowman - no exceptions - Lost 2/14/22 for 5 ea HBC Williams Mug Shave Soap for $4.95
#38 gdawg55 - exception: Lucky Tiger AS Tonic - Lost 2/19/22 Charcoal Goods level 3 razor, 250 pack of Wizamet blades, 100 Bolzano blades, RR soap and aftershave
#48 JWCowboy - no exceptions other than Sue Moore Auction/BB Group Buys - Lost 2/22/22 (Two'sDay!) for A Varlet Brush and a Wolfman Razor
#27 GaryTha no exception - Lost 2/22/22 (Ya didn't have to make it Two for Two'sDay!) for 24 sticks of Arko
#49 deafficianado - Blackland Era - Lost 3/4/22 for custom razor handle and the Maggard 15mm razor stands
#40 JAHE - exception: a razor - Lost 3/23/22 for a Slant with a Stand
#31 pdillon - exception: no exceptions - Lost 3/24/22 for a couple of razors
#15 Cafebarian: no exception - Lost 3/25/22 for Homelike Start in Matte
#25 Lee93 - Exception: Tallow Tabac - Lost 4/9/22 for Pre De Provence 63 and Maison du Savon de Marseille Rebel
#22 Chesty - no exception - Lost 5/2/22 for a Schick Krona
#28 Balin - exception Wolfman Razor - Lost 5/13/22 for "treewhaled a little bit doomsday prepping for the Tallow Tabacalypse"
#37 mattps1 - no exception - lost 5/19/22 for PoloBrushes from Simpson's
#4 elmo_koffman - Exception: blades - lost 6/5/22 for a Gamechanger .84
#23 Benoni - Exception: Henson ti22 - Lost 6/7/22 for Zingari Splash and soap
#53 md1234 - no exception - Lost 6/18/22 for Old Spice AS in a Thrift Shop

Lost at the first quarter check-in 4/15/22

#3 CJB3 - Exception: grail brush
#12 Angus MacAngus: 1969 Super Speed
#18 Hellboy - no exception
#24 tsimmns - no exception
#33 Thomas Darkblade - no exceptions
#34 byDoms - no exceptions
#42 4and20blackbirds - no exceptions
#46 Barbarossa - A single puck of shaving soap.
#47 JoWolf - no exception
#54 Avi - no exception

Hi,

Here is my thinking on a $10 Yard / Estate Sale - Thrift / Antique Shop exception. Items that don't sell get tossed. And something one of us would use and enjoy would be lost. We could even PIF such on. Well, we can do that right now, actually. Buying gifts for others is allowed and we could use that to cover a PIF.

Anyway, perhaps a Thrift Shop wouldn't be so quick to toss something, but eventually they will come to the conclusion certain items are just taking up space. And what is the percentage of Us in the general population? Yeah. Nearly Zero, I'm thinking.

Stan - Still In

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Well, technically I am still in, haven’t bought anything shave related since a few years (I am in the leap year/decade restraint), but since I missed last check-in, I guess I am out on this one for the moment and will join again next year’s restraint.
I really don't think that should put you out, you checked in late, no reason we can't reverse it since you have not purchased anything.

Top Bottom