What's new

2022 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek Season 2

Hi,

I have been away since early Thursday morning. I went to Dayton for the Hamvention. For those who have no idea what I just said, don't worry about it.

This pertains to amateur radio. And this is the Big One as ham get togethers go. On top of that, ham radio requires licenses for each country and the US is no exception. And the FCC has us do most of the work, known as Volunteer Examiners, and I am one. So this being the Big One requires more VEs than at a usual local hamfest. So, we came in from all over the map to perform that duty. 9 AM to 4 PM both Friday and Saturday. And, on the road from Raleigh to Dayton Thursday to ensure I didn't get into a jam and miss my time.

And, my hamfesting done today. And, finally a few minutes to log in and see....someone wandered out the airlock while I'm away in the old shuttlecraft. Did I forget to close the door behind me??

And, on the road home tomorrow.

For anyone still reading this and not snoozing with their head on their keyboard..... We ran over 200 folks testing for the two days. I'm used to doing maybe 20 on a day, tops. So, I wasn't into poking at my keyboard there for a bit.

And, I'm using my one and only single edge razor - a Schick Type 3C repeater. Uses injector blades, but from the handle and not the injector unit. An early design.

Stan - still in

Oh, and 73 from W2CK

And, if anyone wonders, I used to be WA2KQY which is where my username comes from.

Hi,

I have been away since early Thursday morning. I went to Dayton for the Hamvention. For those who have no idea what I just said, don't worry about it.

This pertains to amateur radio. And this is the Big One as ham get togethers go. On top of that, ham radio requires licenses for each country and the US is no exception. And the FCC has us do most of the work, known as Volunteer Examiners, and I am one. So this being the Big One requires more VEs than at a usual local hamfest. So, we came in from all over the map to perform that duty. 9 AM to 4 PM both Friday and Saturday. And, on the road from Raleigh to Dayton Thursday to ensure I didn't get into a jam and miss my time.

And, my hamfesting done today. And, finally a few minutes to log in and see....someone wandered out the airlock while I'm away in the old shuttlecraft. Did I forget to close the door behind me??

And, on the road home tomorrow.

For anyone still reading this and not snoozing with their head on their keyboard..... We ran over 200 folks testing for the two days. I'm used to doing maybe 20 on a day, tops. So, I wasn't into poking at my keyboard there for a bit.

And, I'm using my one and only single edge razor - a Schick Type 3C repeater. Uses injector blades, but from the handle and not the injector unit. An early design.

Stan - still in

Oh, and 73 from W2CK

And, if anyone wonders, I used to be WA2KQY which is where my username comes from.
Stan, that sounds like fun. Good stuff.

That's what I am thinking of doing. Yes, that was my only one. Still have plenty of replacement heads, but now I no longer have a handle

2022 GRIME still in it to win it!
Hi,

Oh, Man! That's what I need! Plenty of replacement heads! Or, at least minds to put in the one I have.

Oh. Wait. Razor cartridge heads. Nevermind!

:p

I can't see anyone going Out over cartridge stuff. If we could fly with our other choices, then, yes. But we can't. I have a couple of Mach 3 handles and a few carts here. The plastic went wonky and so I removed it and cleaned up the residue. Now they actually look better than when they still had the plastic. Go figure. I'm surprised they didn't get tossed when they got all slimy and sticky.

Stan

Hi,

I should have said, ran thru over 200 people. No. Wait. That sounds like a Monty Python wedding.... :p

I ain't ever gonna win here....

I went looking for one of those Mach 3 handles, and all I find are the carts. Now what did I do with those handles? I might be in the same boat here one day....

I was gonna snap a pic....

Stan

Still in. Last 10 or so shaves in May have been similar to this.
22BF3A41-3D63-4A32-A100-9A036D672C35.jpeg

Final report on my week with the Norelco. Overall, better than expected, but not super close nor super comfortable. It's nice to know I have a viable back up plan. One irony--I took the Norelco because I thought I didn't have any travel size Barbasol, but when I was packing my bag before flying home, I found a previous "liquids" bag in my carry-on suitcase outer pocket that had a Gillette Foamy in it! Oh, well--I have it for next time.

Aside from that, I'm still working on using up a tub of Stirling Coconut Lime. I thought it would be gone by now, but there's probably still at least 2 weeks worth of daily shaves. I was thinking I'd be down to two soaps by the end of this year, but now I think I'll only finish one more once the Stirling is done.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Still here. Still working on the Stirling soap I've been using since like March? Anyway, it's almost gone--but that ring just doesn't seem to get any smaller no matter how much I super-lather it.
I’m having the same problem with the last of a tub of B&M Seville.

I had a good nice shave this morning which was quite welcome as I hadn't shaved since 5/27 before my family went camping. I'm still working on the Mystic Water Orange Vanilla soap which I've been 3017ing since 4/2 - it's probably down by about a third in two months - so I might possibly be done with it by the end of September at this rate.

No temptations, only pesky tribbles cluttering up this ship's systems.

Still in, although I'm at the point where I sometimes have to remind myself that I can't buy anything all year ("oh look, XXXXXX is on sale! Gee, I wish I had stocked up on aftershave, I seem to be starting to run low. Oh well, I can just 'borrow' my wife's face cream should I run out.")

I finally killed a grated, 1/3 puck of MWF after about 6 months (started pre-2022)!!! Now, on to my next victim, yet undecided. The embarrassment of riches includes samples of SMN and MdC, full pucks of SV, DRH, and full (or nearly) tubes of LaToja and Lavanda. Sadly, I think I'm detecting a post-shave reaction to LaToja cream, my favorite reasonably-priced cream, and one of which I have almost two full tubes. Thus far, I have avoided reading the BST, but may have to wander over to move a few things (including the stash of tallow Tabac pucks and Speick sticks that I acquired last year after cleaning out all the local suppliers...reason, and this challenge, has determined I already have WAY too much inventory :biggrin1:).

Top Bottom