What's new

2022 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek Season 2

Hi,

The 2022 Contributor Brush is now available for ordering. Details within the Contributor's Corner forum. Which one needs to be a Contributor to access. Contrib Subscriptions begin at $25 per year for those who are interested but not yet a Contrib.

And both the Sub and Brush are automatic Group Exceptions. The Sub is worthwhile in and of itself. The Forum is gravy. The Brush availability is something special.

I'm going for one. I haven't had a new brush since the restock window between the end of the 2013 GRUC and the beginning of the 2014 Year-Long. And my one before that was from 1980-82, since I can't recall exactly what year I'd bought that on in. My original one was a hand-me-down from Dad in 1976 and dated back to the late 1940s. I still have them both, but no longer used.

Stan - Still In

Still in. While going through B&B last night I stumbled on a thread about the Yaqi Mellon and how good it is, so today I decided I would try mine. I bought it a couple years ago when I bought the Katana head and have never used it. So today I decided to remedy that. I put in a fresh Treet Falcon blade and did my normal S-N head shave. I like it, the Yaqi razor heads are impressive when you consider the price. Single pass with touch-up got me my normal smooth shave. I'll use for the next week to see what I think of it. But not bad.

Yaqi Mellon razor
Treet Falcon carbon blade
Stirling Bay Rum
Omega Boar brush
Alba Botanica 98% Aloe Vera

qsa5P-RTRy2RwFdk7mbDyA.jpeg

Still in #28.
My Last order arrived today! I placed it on Dec 29! Single edge blades in case I get brave enough to try my Autostrops and a Oumo Chubby 08 WT 28 mm knot because well it was on sale, 😂.
View attachment 1396387
I will be interested in how you do with the Autostrop and the Feather blade. That is something that I have on the plan for this year. The last time I tried, I found that blade placement was somewhat challenging. I did get a nice shave from it but it was enough of a production that I just default to others. They are an interesting razor to have around.

I will be interested in how you do with the Autostrop and the Feather blade. That is something that I have on the plan for this year. The last time I tried, I found that blade placement was somewhat challenging. I did get a nice shave from it but it was enough of a production that I just default to others. They are an interesting razor to have around.
When I use it I will post my impressions!

Got my contributor brush ordered but I'm not going to let myself use it until either I'm out of this sabbatical or I pass my previous record, April 12.
Let us know when you are on the ledge. We will try to talk you down. It might be difficult if you holding the brush. If you have the brush loaded with lather. Well………

Hi,

I am unsure of the delivery timeframes. I'm ordering mine now. So, it might get to you before you pass your record. Or not. If not, then that part will be EZ. If sooner, well, if you can't hold out once you are holding it....well....we understand! :)

Me, I'm a gonna use it right away. The only delay will be between it coming out of the box and the next morning's shave. Maybe. Aw, who am I kidding! :p

Stan

My mistake, it is the Valet Million Dollar razor that is a challenge. The Autostrop is pretty straight forward in some models. Look forward to your impressions.

After shaving on Saturday with the Muhle R41 I decided that this morning I'd give the Feather Artist Club shavette another whirl and see how we get along. This morning - marvelously - night and day between Friday and today! Got the blade angle down after rewatching some videos, practically keeping the razor head laying on my cheek. I only shaved my cheeks with it this morning and finished the rest with my Rockwell 6S. The shavette leaves such smooth cheeks in its wake, definitely a treat. I switched back to the Feather ProGaurd blade for today's shave and it's not my favorite as the guard wire that is wrapped around the blade makes a similar sound to whiskers being cut. However, to get my confidence up it was a nice safety net - and it didn't tug with the correct angle this morning.

Agressive aliens tamed with diplomacy instead of phasers - #51 still in.

Hi,

Toothpick posted a thread about the brush Group Buy and has the pics under the Spoiler button on the first post if anyone wants to see.

I didn't post such here as I didn't want to get too Darth-ish about the situation. ;)

Stan

Still in. Still using the Yaqi Mellon with different blades, this morning a Treet Black Beauty carbon. The razor is giving great shaves. Two pass head shave, plus neck below the beard.

Yaqi Mellon
Treet Black Beauty carbon
Prorazo Wood & Spice cream
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Alba Botanica Aloe Vera

StHJ36NZTQ-cW1Q32kz5mg.jpeg

Prorazo Wood & Spice cream
Simpson Trafalgar T3

How do you like that Proraso single-blade cream? I have been using soaps exclusively for a while, but picked some up and give it a couple of shaves. I think I need to spend a bit more time with it to dial it in. Do you prefer it with a synthetic?

How do you like that Proraso single-blade cream? I have been using soaps exclusively for a while, but picked some up and give it a couple of shaves. I think I need to spend a bit more time with it to dial it in. Do you prefer it with a synthetic?

I really like it. I have been using Proraso creams for years, normally the white, red, blue, and green. The Simpson does a great job of building lather. I get almost the same consistency whether I use my boar or the synthetic. The consistency is yogurt plus water, if that makes sense. Tomorrow if I shave I'll post a pic of the lather.

I really like it. I have been using Proraso creams for years, normally the white, red, blue, and green. The Simpson does a great job of building lather. I get almost the same consistency whether I use my boar or the synthetic. The consistency is yogurt plus water, if that makes sense. Tomorrow if I shave I'll post a pic of the lather.
How does the scent strength of the Proraso single blade Wood and Spice cream compare to the Wood and Spice ASB? I have the ASB, but I don't use it much as it's so powerful - I like to see the forest for the trees, not be the forest walking into a tree :)

How does the scent strength of the Proraso single blade Wood and Spice cream compare to the Wood and Spice ASB? I have the ASB, but I don't use it much as it's so powerful - I like to see the forest for the trees, not be the forest walking into a tree :)

No idea as I don't have the ASB. This has to me a light scent. But I'm not the right person to ask about scents. :blue:

Top Bottom