What's new

2022 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek Season 2

Hi,

Excellent! That is the entire point of doing these year-long ones. And, if only one person makes it to the end having learned to focus just a bit better on what they already have, then it is all worthwhile.

I made it in my first year in 2014. Then I hung around just to be proof that the concept really does work.

Edit: Not to mention the periodic battles between the Good Side and Dark Side of the Shaving Force (but the Dark Side has cookies)! :p

Stan
Barring any cosmic storms and wormholes, I’m sure I’ll make it to the end of the year.

Still in. No shave for about 14 days, been on vacation. Yesterday's shave.
F2486899-B6E3-4A9D-B8E0-5F61BF5C7E7E_1_201_a.jpeg

Hi,

Excellent. We've been pretty quiet around here lately. And that's better than being full of Out posts! :)

I am into Slantember now, and OCtober follows. It's neat that those two shaving specialty months fit right into my daily shave:

So, no temptations from wanting to participate.:)

Stan - Still In

I’m just coasting along and will likely knock off a tub of Cella bio soap within the next two weeks. It’s a great soap and will restock this one at the end of this sabbatical. I think I’ll move on to my tube of Proraso cream next.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I may be out? Similar to what happened earlier in the year to me. Kids "misplaced" some gear that I cannot go to the end of the year without. (I woke up this morning to find they had got into my blade stash - moving my gear to a place they can't reach).

Anyway, I had enough of it, then the munchkins lost it, so I had to get some more.

I believe this exact same thing happened earlier, but, I want to check with the team. Still in it to win it, I hope.

Hi,

I'd say that falls under the You Had What You Needed and then It Broke and you Have No Replacement clause.

Yes, it isn't Broke, but it may as well be. Munchkins. Maybe we need to add a Munchkin Sub Clause to the Replacement Clause for next year. If You Had Enough but then The Munchkins went and Lost It on you, you can Buy What You Need to Carry On.....

Munchkins playing with blades scares me. I presume (hope) they didn't get any cuts. Although a couple minor, but painful, cuts might be a Life Lesson.....

Stan

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Hi,

I'd say that falls under the You Had What You Needed and then It Broke and you Have No Replacement clause.

Yes, it isn't Broke, but it may as well be. Munchkins. Maybe we need to add a Munchkin Sub Clause to the Replacement Clause for next year. If You Had Enough but then The Munchkins went and Lost It on you, you can Buy What You Need to Carry On.....

Munchkins playing with blades scares me. I presume (hope) they didn't get any cuts. Although a couple minor, but painful, cuts might be a Life Lesson.....

Stan
Thank God, they did not get any cuts! After this weekend I migrated all of my remaining stash up to a place where they cannot reach.

I’m out. Pared my collection down to a single razor and two brushes a few years ago. Need to switch out the razor baseplate, did not find a trade, and bought a used one on BST.

Will play from home and follow along for the rest of the year.

Top Bottom