What's new

2022 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek Season 2

A quick summary of where we are after that big loss to the crew numbers in April and a couple in May.
SPS2022-14may.JPG

Hi,

I hope that battery is still good enough in actual use. If it isn't, you will have to compensate by a quick purchase. I think that would qualify under the 'you can replace a thing if it breaks and you have no replacement on hand' clause. I mean, a dead battery in an electric razor equals broken to this electrical engineer. ;)

I won't hold that rule to buying another electric razor, though. Nope. That just wouldn't be right in my mind! :p

Stan
Day 1 of the electric shave.

The battery seems ok—I can’t remember how fast it’s supposed to rotate but it seemed a tad on the slow side. I brought the cord just in case.

The shave itself is pretty bad, especially on the neck. My wife rolled her eyes when I explained to her why I was using an electric razor and told me I’m going to have to buy a disposable if it doesn’t improve! 😂

Still in.

I did an excel calculation on my amount of soaps today, it turns out I have about 13 years of reserve unless I start hogging lather even more. Based on using Chubby 2 brush, about 6 years worth of soap is tallow Tabac, 4-5 years of MDC

Still in and I’ll survive the week with the electric razor. I’ve learned to shave before, not after, showering for best results. Skin stretching also helps. The neck still gives me problems, but it’s been good enough that my wife hasn’t said anything about terrible shaves after the first day.

And I'm out, willfully opening the shuttle's airlock without a tether, and therefore sucked into and consumed by the cosmic void of deep space.

I lacked the courage of my convictions to be restrained annually, and treated myself to some Polo brushes from Simpsons to complete a set of those. My guess is I've been triggered by an annual grief event and a pay rise coming in together, so some retail therapy was in order.

All the best with those still on deck!

And I'm out, willfully opening the shuttle's airlock without a tether, and therefore sucked into and consumed by the cosmic void of deep space.

I lacked the courage of my convictions to be restrained annually, and treated myself to some Polo brushes from Simpsons to complete a set of those. My guess is I've been triggered by an annual grief event and a pay rise coming in together, so some retail therapy was in order.

All the best with those still on deck!

Pics when they arrive. Take care of yourself. And congrats on the pay raise!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I am in a conundrum. Housecleaner threw away my cartridge razor. I don't particularly want to go half a year without one. But I also don't want to go out over a stupid cartridge razor.

I am in a conundrum. Housecleaner threw away my cartridge razor. I don't particularly want to go half a year without one. But I also don't want to go out over a stupid cartridge razor.
Hi,

Is that your only one? Have a flying trip where you really gotta have one? Invoke the Loss Of My Only Something clause, or we all know you can't fly with what we all usually use.

Stan

Still In:

#1 KQY61 - Exception: Pack of Med Preps
#2 CzechCzar - exception - Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream with Hyaluronic Acid for Extra-Dry Skin

#4 elmo_koffman - Exception: blades
#5 sjblon - Exception: Vintage razor
#6 Jim99 - exception: puck of Christmas soap
#7 ADudeandHisDogs: no exception
#8 02FLHTCI: Blackland Era
#9 EB Newfarm no exception
#10 Sotiris_A: a badger brush
#11 T.Orso: Lucky Tiger AS

#13 Jamesearthdrum: Cella soap
#14 Noodles: no exception

#16 Crisp Rat: Super Adjustable
#17 Pepin - Exception: vintage razor

#19 Doorcube - Exception: Soap
#20 JeffJ - no exception

#23 Benoni - Exception: Henson ti22

#26 ShavingPanda - no exception

#29 Southern_S - Exception: Proraso White Preshave
#30 Wil_D no exceptions

#32 Smooth and Sharp - a razor

#36 kjbarth - no exception at this time

#39 Invicta - no exception

#41 AZBronco - exception Feather FHS10 blades

#43 Ruva - no exception
#44 Heron - exception one aftershave
#45 Whisky - no exception

#50 B_R_A_D - Razor
#51 MuhleShaver - no exception
#52 Esetter
#53 md1234 - no exception

Lost In Space:

#35 wmadoty - no exceptions again - Lost 2/12/22 for four thrift store razors for $20
#21 snowman - no exceptions - Lost 2/14/22 for 5 ea HBC Williams Mug Shave Soap for $4.95
#38 gdawg55 - exception: Lucky Tiger AS Tonic - Lost 2/19/22 Charcoal Goods level 3 razor, 250 pack of Wizamet blades, 100 Bolzano blades, RR soap and aftershave
#48 JWCowboy - no exceptions other than Sue Moore Auction/BB Group Buys - Lost 2/22/22 (Two'sDay!) for A Varlet Brush and a Wolfman Razor
#27 GaryTha no exception - Lost 2/22/22 (Ya didn't have to make it Two for Two'sDay!) for 24 sticks of Arko
#49 deafficianado - Blackland Era - Lost 3/4/22 for custom razor handle and the Maggard 15mm razor stands
#40 JAHE - exception: a razor - Lost 3/23/22 for a Slant with a Stand
#31 pdillon - exception: no exceptions - Lost 3/24/22 for a couple of razors
#15 Cafebarian: no exception - Lost 3/25/22 for Homelike Start in Matte
#25 Lee93 - Exception: Tallow Tabac - Lost 4/9/22 for Pre De Provence 63 and Maison du Savon de Marseille Rebel
#22 Chesty - no exception - Lost 5/2/22 for a Schick Krona
#28 Balin - exception Wolfman Razor - Lost 5/13/22 for "treewhaled a little bit doomsday prepping for the Tallow Tabacalypse"
#37 mattps1 - no exception - lost 5/19/22 for PoloBrushes from Simpson's

Lost at the first quarter check-in 4/15/22

#3 CJB3 - Exception: grail brush
#12 Angus MacAngus: 1969 Super Speed
#18 Hellboy - no exception
#24 tsimmns - no exception
#33 Thomas Darkblade - no exceptions
#34 byDoms - no exceptions
#42 4and20blackbirds - no exceptions
#46 Barbarossa - A single puck of shaving soap.
#47 JoWolf - no exception
#54 Avi - no exception

Top Bottom