Razor: Gillette Super Blue
Brush: Semogue Torga C5
Blade: Parker Platinum
Soap: RR Mudder Focker
AS: Nivea Deep
EDT: Armani Code

IMG_20220129_133628.jpg

Last edited:
Still in. Continuing with the Yaqi Mellon & Personna Lab Blue (3). Another great shave. The Mellon is a excellent razor, especially at it's price point. Mild yet efficient. I think it would make a great starter razor for someone as the price is good and you would have to try to cut yourself to do so. The Proraso Wood & Spice is getting to end, so probably sometime first week of February it'll be done. The Simpson Trafalgar rounds out the gear.

q0rg5bjbQ4uTE18fm8m5RA.jpeg

Hey @JoWolf , what fixed 4 do you use for a week? I might take a page from your book and do weekly fixed 4's also. I was thinking of keeping the razor, soap, AS and blade the same and just vary brushes.
If you're interested in a weekly fixed-four, please feel free to join us over at the Shave of the Week Society (SWS)

The SWS is actually based on a fixed-three (soap/cream, razor, and blade), but "if you want to add a preshave, brush and AS or ASB for the week then all the better".

Last edited:
what fixed 4 do you use for a week? I might take a page from your book and do weekly fixed 4's also. I was thinking of keeping the razor, soap, AS and blade the same and just vary brushes.
Last year I did a fixed three. I rotated brushes only. This year‘s fixed four. I had switched to Saponificio Varesino shave products exclusively mainly because they are all vegetal based. My fixed four are listed in this link, with reviews on each.

Post in thread 'ASP - ATG SINGLE PASS'
ASP - ATG SINGLE PASS - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/asp-atg-single-pass.592265/post-11596733

I shave once a week Friday afternoons.

#22 Still in. Smooth sailing so far. Traveling for the next four weeks with a Gillette New and an PAA DOC. Brought a few blades (Lab Blue and Crystal) and an Arko tub filled with Cella. Planning to use up as much of the Captain's Sandalwood Balm as I can. Bringing an Omega Boar that cost $7.50 and takes up very little space. Never did like shaving in hotels but I'll get by.

Day 30, still in.

20220130_123646-01.jpeg

For tomorrow, I have slready queued my Feather SS again before the OBIF challenge starts. It will be interesting to find out how many good shaves I can quench out of the Gillette Perma-Sharp in course of February.

Have a nice Sunday, brothers in arms 😀!

Still in. Final shave for January. Another great shave with the Yaqi Mellon & Wilkinson blade (2). The Proraso Wood and Spice finally finished, so next up is Esbjerg Sensitiv. Looking forward to see how it performs. Looking forward to it. I think February GRUME will be the Esbjerg, a Yaqi Synthetic brush, and the Yaqi Mellon with a Wizamet blade, at least to start.

Wilkies Shave.jpeg

One month down assuming I don’t accidentally buy anything today. 😂

Honestly, zero temptation so far. Over the past couple years I reduced my soaps from 12 to 5. I’m thinking 2 or 3 will really be the right amount of soaps to keep on hand. 3 is probably about a years supply for me as long as one is triple milled.

#51 still in. Like AZBronco, I'm still in as long as I don't buy anything today. Thankfully since the Feather AC shavette showed up and I started using it my temptation for all things straight razor disappeared.

It looks like I'm all stocked up for the mission and don't need an exception - engines ahead full...engage! Now if Scotty could fix the knocking that the warp engine is making we'd all have a smoother ride. Perhaps we need to try premium dilithium crystals instead of the regular.

Top Bottom