What's new

B&B LE Group buy 2022 Brown Leaf LE Pipe

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm thinking that since the pipe organizer traditionally has wrangled the herf selection, that I'm going to suggest the following:

Our inaugural smoke of the 2022 B&B BL be with Wessex Curly Block, a full flavored VA with a touch of perique. It's well reviewed and I'm looking forward to trying it.
For the buyers of the 2022 LE, you can PM me your address, and I will send you a few coins of WCB so we all will have some.
If no one has a strong objection, and I can't imagine anyone would, we can pick a day and time for the herf after everyone has some in hand.
I understand Micah @Hirsute has previously set up Zoom calls for the gathering, and I'd ask if he would maybe be kind enough to do it again for those who wish to participate.

@CCadet @brandaves

I need to get you guys address so I can get these off in the mail.
Please see the PM I sent copying you on the herf.
If anyone else has these guys address, and you know they wouldn't mind you giving it to me to mail the samples off, please let me know.
@brandaves
Last hold-out! :lol1:

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Tragedy.
My repair couldn't take it. Going to have to look at a better method.

View attachment 1486871
That was heartbreaking to watch. Good job editing all the cuss words out though.
Maybe try one of these?
chainsaw GIF

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Know any welders? A pretty simple brazing job should do it. Shop would probably be expensive though. I've tried my hand at it, there's a reason I'm not a welder...

Or maybe drill, thread, and stud it.
I'm thinking a drill through the two extended tab halves on one side and a pin to hold it from underneath.
I have a mig welder and a heating oven, but cast iron just doesn't do well with welds, even a good weld can create other problems if heat up or cool down isn't spot on.
I don't currently have an oxy-acetylene rig and I hate brazing with propane.

So what is the collective noun for pipes, you know, like a 'herd' of cattle, or a 'murder' of crows? A 'puff' of pipes? A 'smoke' pipes? Whatever it is, that is one.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Sorry friends...been in and out of comms range lately! Appreciate your patience 🙏

Thanks again to @luvmysuper for putting all this together. Fantastic job with an incredible artist and pipe. I will have two unsmoked B&B LE pipes waiting for me when I get home (2021 & 2022)! Thats not mentioning all the tobacco I've ordered in that time...I will have quite the homecoming ahead.

I was thinking over the weekend that i ought to share an update with y'all! Here's the pipes as they are now. Every one has been fit with a mouthpiece and the mouthpiece has been roughed in. A few pipes have been shaped. The remaining steps are to get all of the stummels shaped, rusticated, and finished, to refine the mouthpieces, polish, bowl coat, and stamp. We're right on schedule and things are going smoothly. I'll post another update soon!

20220801_104338.jpg

Top Bottom