What's new

2022 April fools day post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually shaken at first. They announced earlier this week that Lincoln College, in Lincoln Illinois (the only college named for Lincoln while he was still alive in the only town named for Lincoln before he was president) is closing its doors after 157 years. This is a tremendous blow to a town that has lost almost all of its industry and most of its retail. I worked there for nearly a decade and have a strong connection to the wonderful people there.

Ha, the joke better not be on us, so to speak! I think posting a picture of a straight razor on TraceBook might get you put on some kind of list. :wink2:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Got me for 30 seconds and then I realized it is April fools day. I wonder what it would be like to have a birthday fall on April 1st.

I was sad to read this but I can’t say I am surprised. With the quantity, depth, and quality of shaving related content on tiktok and twitter these days, who needs B&B?

Well, have a nice April 1 anyway.

I'm going back to an electric razor.

I'll be PIFing my entire collection of brushes (30 or so), razors (20+), soaps & creams (can't count that high), blades (many hundreds) and Zippos (100+)
They'll go to the first member who can prove they have 600 brushes, 1000 razors, 1200 soaps & creams, 250,000 blades and 12,000 Zippos
Hi,

Aw, I'm just a *tad* short of the requirements! :p

Stan

I regret to inform the members that due to these economically tough times, ownership has decided that Badger and Blade is just no longer sustainable. Sale of the domain name and shut down date will be announced once the details have been worked out.
The competition from online Social Platforms has been particularly rough on B&B and it just isn't possible to keep doing this.
I'd like to thank all of the members past and present for making this a really enjoyable experience, but all good things eventually must come to an end.
We thought that it would be appropriate to make this announcement today and hope that everyone takes a good look at their calendar.
April Fools Day is NOT an appropriate day to make serious announcements.

LOL! You had be for a minute! I was prepared for this type of stuff this morning, but just saw this now and my guard was down....

A big lump in my throat and tears in my eyes .... didn't realize it was an April Fool's joke until I kept reading
through the thread. Considering how much our Badger & Blade community has become an integral part of my
everyday happiness, I'm not too sure if I should laugh at the "joke" or say "shame on you, luvmysuper" for pulling
such a prank. But, in the spirit of good humor, I'm still smiling, and will say "Bravo luvmysuper ! Well done Sir !"

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I regret to inform the members that due to these economically tough times, ownership has decided that Badger and Blade is just no longer sustainable. Sale of the domain name and shut down date will be announced once the details have been worked out.
The competition from online Social Platforms has been particularly rough on B&B and it just isn't possible to keep doing this.
I'd like to thank all of the members past and present for making this a really enjoyable experience, but all good things eventually must come to an end.
We thought that it would be appropriate to make this announcement today and hope that everyone takes a good look at their calendar.

My heart stopped when I read this. Thank goodness it ain't true. I need this forum to keep me sane. The best darn shaving and haircare forum on the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom