What's new

2022 AFL Grand Final

It's that time of year when the MCG hosts what is arguably the most quintessentially Australian sporting spectacle of the year.

I'm a Bombers fan so I'll be observing impartially as the Cats take on the Swans.

My pick is for Geelong to take the flag, but I expect Sydney to take the fight to them.

What do you reckon?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I follow Hawthorn so I won’t be paying much attention. Living in New South Wales I will tentatively back The Sydney Swans.

I would have picked the Swans until that last quarter against Collingwood when they choked under the Pies intense and relentless pressure. Geelong are going to show up from the first bounce and I don't think Sydney will be able to stay with them for the duration.

Having said that, any outcome other than a walkover, by either team, is fine by me. :)

Commiserations on being a Hawks supporter this week Andrew; it has been a tough one! :p

Hate 'em both; would have preferred to see Collingwood there and that's saying something (North supporter) but
I think Geelong will get the job done.

I really enjoyed the match. Sure, it was a complete shellacking, but Geelong were so impressive. And as the oldest team to ever take the field, it was great seeing them prove that there is life after 30 in footy :)

Also, the emotion at the end was what makes sport so compelling to watch. They seem like a genuinely good group of people, who care about each other.

I've now added the Cats to the teams I support when the Bombers aren't playing (joining the Saints, Tigers and Demons).

Top Bottom