What's new

2021 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek

Hi,

My official Still-In post.

And, we're off for 2022 as well.

Those On Leave from this patrol have their two weeks before re-signing. And, given my late start for the 2022 thread, we're going to extend sign-up thru January as long as folks haven't bought anything beginning today. Except the re-uppers. They get their two weeks as per usual.

Stan - Still In (I'm buying nothing and so running straight thru)

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Congrats to everyone who played this year! Doubly so to those that survived the year. Even if you played but didn't make it through, it's still a win. I bought something in my first 4 years of trying the sabbatical until I succeeded in 2015. Now I hardly buy anything at all.

First task for this year is to relearn how to use my Parker Variant after extended idleness. First shave on 2.5 with a Personna Lab Blue produced a half a dozen nicks and weepers plus a fire from the alum block. Day 2 and 3 were moderately but not much better. I decided to blame it on the blade instead of technique and switched to a Crystal today. The alum block test was much easier to handle today and the bleeders may have been re-opened existing nicks. I have some recollection of really liking this razor but maybe it wants to make me pay for lack of attention. Onward to the remainder of 2022!

SS Enterprise.JPG Ship's log; Final roll call for all the crew. Half way through final check in and still waiting on seven crew to complete the mission. You must confirm your status between 1st -10th January 2022 to have successfully completed the mission. Seventeen of the crew have checked in.

SS Enterprise.JPG Ship's log; Final roll call for all the crew to complete check in and still waiting on four of the crew to complete the mission. You must confirm your status between 1st -10th January 2022 to have successfully completed the mission.
The following have not checked in and are missing in action;
@5Cantonas , @VerbaVolant , @wmadoty , @jamesearthdrum

Top Bottom