What's new

2021 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek

Ad Astra

The Instigator
As our story opens, the ship is in orbit above Planet M-113. During this visit, we will be checking on Professor Crater and his wife Nancy performing archaeological study of the dead civilization that once inhabited this planet. A small party has beaned to the surface.

But something is wrong, things are not as they seem...

View attachment 1306381
View attachment 1306383

To be continued...

🤔

:popc:

AA

I'm out over a $5 razor. I'm not a razor guy. I only own four. two of which are my grandfather's contract techs that I only use three weeks a year between his death date and birthday. Yesterday, I was in an antique store that specializes in furniture and home decor with my wife looking for a couple of replacement chairs. We almost never go into antique stores. Then I saw her. A pre-war fat handle tech eighty years old, but looking five. The price was $5, so I gave her a quick once-over looking for hidden flaws. I put her back thinking if she is still there in January, then it was meant to be. Then I thought, would I be more upset failing in the restraint or coming back and finding her gone and I was lost. Took her home, cleaned her up, and gave her a quick run around my face this morning. I'm no photographer, but I snapped the quick pick of her below. Good luck gentlemen, I am too weak to be in your company.
IMG_0275.JPG

I'm out over a $5 razor. I'm not a razor guy. I only own four. two of which are my grandfather's contract techs that I only use three weeks a year between his death date and birthday. Yesterday, I was in an antique store that specializes in furniture and home decor with my wife looking for a couple of replacement chairs. We almost never go into antique stores. Then I saw her. A pre-war fat handle tech eighty years old, but looking five. The price was $5, so I gave her a quick once-over looking for hidden flaws. I put her back thinking if she is still there in January, then it was meant to be. Then I thought, would I be more upset failing in the restraint or coming back and finding her gone and I was lost. Took her home, cleaned her up, and gave her a quick run around my face this morning. I'm no photographer, but I snapped the quick pick of her below. Good luck gentlemen, I am too weak to be in your company.View attachment 1308729
It wasn't a $5 razor, it's just that you were lucky enough to only pay that much for it. Who among us would have been able to walk away from that deal and not regret it later. I already have nine Techs and would have had a tenth. Enjoy your shaves :)

Hi,

Mine was a Zero Dollar one.

These are my hand-me-downs. The pre-war Tech was the one Dad gave me to begin shaving with so many moons ago. The Super Speed was what replaced it, my Mom having given it to him Christmas 1948. I don't know when he got the newer Tech, but that was the one he was using when he passed in 1995.n The odd one out is the Old Type which came from my Mom's Dad. The two Old Spice mugs with OS still in them was also from Dad after he passed. I use it on special days.

Stan - Still In

Hi,

Mine was a Zero Dollar one.

These are my hand-me-downs. The pre-war Tech was the one Dad gave me to begin shaving with so many moons ago. The Super Speed was what replaced it, my Mom having given it to him Christmas 1948. I don't know when he got the newer Tech, but that was the one he was using when he passed in 1995.n The odd one out is the Old Type which came from my Mom's Dad. The two Old Spice mugs with OS still in them was also from Dad after he passed. I use it on special days.

Stan - Still In
Priceless!

That triangle slot fat handle tech looks very nice indeed.

I have a made in Canada one that was my grandfather’s, a bit more worn, but surprisingly good for a razor that he used for decades. It is my one heirloom razor, so a treasure for me.

I am safe from the Tabacolypse as I never got along with the scent of that soap, but I sympathize with those that have succumbed. I was fortunate that when Haslinger dropped their tallow formula it coincided with a restock window.

I am still in. Went camping for six days and my kit was:

• Bic Sensitive disposable
  • La Toja
  • Lucky Tiger
I didn’t use it. Waiting now for the wife to ask “Are you going to shave that beard off soon?”

I'm out over a $5 razor. I'm not a razor guy. I only own four. two of which are my grandfather's contract techs that I only use three weeks a year between his death date and birthday. Yesterday, I was in an antique store that specializes in furniture and home decor with my wife looking for a couple of replacement chairs. We almost never go into antique stores. Then I saw her. A pre-war fat handle tech eighty years old, but looking five. The price was $5, so I gave her a quick once-over looking for hidden flaws. I put her back thinking if she is still there in January, then it was meant to be. Then I thought, would I be more upset failing in the restraint or coming back and finding her gone and I was lost. Took her home, cleaned her up, and gave her a quick run around my face this morning. I'm no photographer, but I snapped the quick pick of her below. Good luck gentlemen, I am too weak to be in your company.View attachment 1308729
Gorgeous find, that Tech looks almost new! I understand completely why you got it.

Top Bottom