What's new

2021 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek

SS Enterprise.JPG Ship's log; all is quiet again.
SPS2021-17jul.JPG

Still in
MdC Monday!
Razor : Blue tech
Blade : Dorco prime (2) ( hated these blades but tried them with this razor and they perform very well, never give up on a blade until you try it in different razors )
Brush : DS cosmetic 26mm silvertip
Soap: MdC Fougère
Post shave : Cold rinse and Thayers witch Hazel unscented followed by PAA Gondolier AS and Cologne

Great way to start a new week.
10/10
IMG_20210719_092615.jpg

Still in. Been shaving just haven’t posted in a while. Struggling with the Vector currently. I get a decent shave with it, but the proline ends up feeling a bit tuggy. I want to try some more blades for it before I decide if I’m going to keep it or not. May have to wait till the sabbatical ends though to find out. (Prolines are the only blade I have currently). Also I cannot seem to figure out MWF or this boar brush. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Oh well, going to do some more experimenting. If anybody wants to trade some AC blades, hit me up! Have a great day y’all!
4C9D0B5A-82F2-43A5-AEA2-6F2FE632E438.jpeg

Still in. Switched back to the FOCS after a while. Man is this a great razor!
Razor: FOCS Blades: Wizamet Brush: Sagrada Familia Bowl: Timeless Soap: Haslinger Aloe Vera A/S: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue I have changed my approach to a load and go with this razor, y’all were right. That is the way to do it! Great shave this morning! Have a great day y’all!
6BD16EA0-5F4C-4284-B405-C7B595277201.jpeg

Hi,

My soap in the Old Spice mug I've been using for years now is down to the little ring around the edge. So, I put it away and pulled out a new OS mug full of my half-and-half Carden Farms and Oster mix. And, it is full. So, in time, I can peel the ring out of the bottom of the old mug and smoosh it into the new one.

Just a little, and boring, update to the world of restraint.

Stan - Still In

I'm out.

I've had in mind for a while that the next time I buy anything shave-related it will be some of the classic soaps popular on B&B that I've never tried, above all Tabac. When I saw the thread that it was being reformulated, I decided to go ahead and buy some of the old formula now rather than getting the new one next year (even though there's probably little discernible difference). I went 20 months without buying anything, I figure it's good enough, lol.

Stardate 121213.6
Merkur Futur
Rapira Platinum Lux
Fine Platinum
SOC 2-band badger

AAA_20210801.jpg

Crewman #13 still in... maybe. I haven't been posting much, but I think I've held true to the quest. Seven months in a shave-purchase restraint is quite an accomplishment for me, so it's okay if I'm out. I haven't had any temptations or made any purchases. The situation is I was recently offered some shave-related items. In accordance with Rule #5 pertaining to gifts, I did not "...ask for, solicit, hint at, etc., gifts in any way." In fact, I initially declined acceptance of the items. And I also (why do I feel like I'm in the middle of a confession?) have been the recipient of additional and generous (but unsolicited) items as part of trades. So here it is for the "crew" to decide my fate. If I'm out, no problem; seven months is a win for me and I plan to continue the trek in my cloaked shuttle craft while matching speed and course of the mothership for the next five months. There is nothing I want today that will not be available tomorrow... or next year.

Now that I got that out of the way... I think I've been doing pretty well as far as this restraint is concerned. At first I thought the key to my success would be staying away from the B-S-T Marketplace to avoid temptations but there is one trade that I'm still hoping someone decides to offer, so I keep checking at least daily. What has worked for me has been the distractions offered by monthly challenges. One Blade in February, Fixed Four for March Madness, April Frugal Follies Cheapskate Challenge, Mistura May Madness, Synthetic Summer in June, and Shark Week in July. Not to mention the B&B Group Buy of the Shavemac Beagle brush. I offer sincere thanks to all B&B members who take the time to organize and manage the events and those members who participate and contribute. Distractions are good!

Be the reason someone smiles today...

Last edited:
As our story opens, the ship is in orbit above Planet M-113. During this visit, we will be checking on Professor Crater and his wife Nancy performing archaeological study of the dead civilization that once inhabited this planet. A small party has beaned to the surface.

But something is wrong, things are not as they seem...

1628020789576.png

1628020823979.png

To be continued...

As our story opens, the ship is in orbit above Planet M-113. During this visit, we will be checking on Professor Crater and his wife Nancy performing archaeological study of the dead civilization that once inhabited this planet. A small party has beaned to the surface.

But something is wrong, things are not as they seem...

View attachment 1306381
View attachment 1306383

To be continued...

No telling how many that creature is going to take out. Tabac must be conspiring to take B&B members out of Sabbatical.

Wait! Tabac is being reformulated!?!?! Ah well, I've never tried it, I guess I'll wait and try the new formulation at some point. They're probably just throwing it in the teleporter, twiddling some knobs, throwing a lever, and seeing what comes out on the other side. It probably still has a great dose of old ladies purses for scent :)

Still in...orbiting a planet.

Top Bottom