What's new

2021 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek

All my favourites today:
  • Cold water and Ach Brito glycerine soap for prep
  • Haslinger Schafmilch lathered with my beautiful @Graydog horsehair brush
  • Canadian Old Type loaded with a Bic blade, on its 102nd shave and hanging in
  • Witch hazel and Speick AS
If I ever get another razor it will be a Fatip slant, but I am not quite convinced I want one. The Old Type is so good.

I might pick up a bottle of witch hazel tomorrow, as it is my exception and I am just about done the current bottle.

Happy weekend, everyone.

3F695629-C31F-41FC-94B0-5694A9D9A0CD.jpeg

I am out officially. We were on the first cruise to go in the Caribbean in over 15 months. We took a tour of the Curacao Liqueur Factory and had some nice samples. On the way out they had a display of Mentholated Lotion and accompanying soap that I found tempting. When I said that I would pass it up, my wife said, "I think you are a damned fool if you don't buy it. We won't be back here soon". That broke me. I have since seen that the lotion is known by other B&B members as the Penguin or Alcolada. Having completed the restraint last year, I am back to day one. I thought it would be a brush that got me. The same with my diet tracking on MyFitnesspal after the food and drink offerings on the cruise. I wish continued success to all who are outlasting me. I will continue in spirit as I proceed on my walk of shame!

I am out officially. We were on the first cruise to go in the Caribbean in over 15 months...When I said that I would pass it up, my wife said, "I think you are a damned fool if you don't buy it. We won't be back here soon"...

Latest casualty report follows.

Crewman @Chesty transported up from the surface of planet Pyris VII and immediately collapsed. It was later determined the crewman was killed by sympathetic magic.

1623700843513.png

1623699698231.png

All casualty reports should now be up-to-date.

Last edited:
Stardate 121166.4
Fatip Grande Open Comb
Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (2)
Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Barrister & Mann Latha Lavanda

20210615.jpg

Almost fell victim to a Zenith Silvertip, but it was claimed before I lost my resolve. That particular threat is no longer an issue, so... I had a truly remarkable shave this morning. The razor/blade combination was outstanding. I almost wanted to post results yesterday, but I decided to wait a day just in case the shave was a fluke; it was not. Yesterday's shave was so good that I could have skipped today's ritual, but I had to see if it was an anomaly. The Fatip OC coupled with the 7 OC Yellow rocks! And the brush and soap more than held up their end too. I was done after two passes, but that's just not my style. What a way to start the day.

Crewman #13 still in...

Stardate 121169.3
Fatip Grande Open Comb
Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (5)
RazoRock 400 Noir Plissoft
Barrister & Mann Latha Lavanda

20210618.jpg

It looks like I have just enough of the Lavanda sample for one more shave so I can get back to working on what remains of the tub of Proraso in a couple of days. It's been a busy week, but I've managed to get in some truly wonderful shaves. I wish you all the best of what life has to offer. Crewman #13 still in...

Last edited:
Still in.

Fatip OC Slant Piccolo
Personna Med Prep (5)
Zenith B03-A26 aluminum pro boar brush
PAA Ice Cube 2 pre-shave soap as stick
Wilkinson Sword stick + Omega Eucalyptus shave soap
Dickinson's witch hazel with Pereja Limon Kolonya
LEA 3-in-1 balm

Steady as she goes, Mr. Sulu...

1624210952202.png

Still in.

I shaved today after 18 days and it was a great experience for me.

Kamisori is back on the front seat and Feather Professional blade reminded me of the possibility of exquisite shaves if I don't stray from it again.

Tabac Original and Chubby 3 made for a great face lathering session.
It's OK to splurge especially when the break lasted for a lot longer than I intended.

Top Bottom