What's new

2021 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek

SS Enterprise.JPG Ship's log; 39% of the mission completed.
SPS2021-23may.JPG

Still in.
Razor: GEM MMOC
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Timeless
Soap: Haslinger Aloe Vera
A/S: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Great shave today! CCS/DFS I’m still learning how to use the GEM razor. Haslinger is fantastic, this will always be in my soap rotation! Have a great day y’all!
4C299A62-003C-44BD-B19F-6E934F347DB5.jpeg

Still in.
Razor: GEM MMOC
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Timeless
Soap: Haslinger Aloe Vera
A/S: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Great shave today! CCS/DFS I’m still learning how to use the GEM razor. Haslinger is fantastic, this will always be in my soap rotation! Have a great day y’all!View attachment 1271449
Hang in there with the MMOC, it is a great razor. Once you find the right angle and pressure it will give as good a shave as you could want. The problem will be that you will soon want to try the bullet tip and other micromatic models.

Hang in there with the MMOC, it is a great razor. Once you find the right angle and pressure it will give as good a shave as you could want. The problem will be that you will soon want to try the bullet tip and other micromatic models.
Those are already on my list! And right you are, the more I use it the better the shaves get, and I’ve only used it a few times. This past shave was the smoothest one yet, the first couple seemed a bit tuggy/rough at times but I think that was due to user error, bad angle and wrong pressure. Thank you for the encouragement! Have a great day!

Gents, I have a question regarding my exception. I’m planning to purchase a Blackland Vector, not yet decided whether to wait for Shane to have them back in stock or put up a WTB on the BST. My question is, if I go the BST route and a seller wants to sell blades along with it, would I be in violation and out of the Sabbatical? I did trade for a pack of blades from a fine member here, so I have some, just curious as to what the rules/people thought if they offered blades for purchase with the razor as well? Thanks gents. Have a great night y’all!

Edit: if you have a machine finish Vector w/stand that your looking to get rid of hmu, BST post to follow. (Maybe depending on what the powers that be say) 😉

Last edited:
Gents, I have a question regarding my exception. I’m planning to purchase a Blackland Vector, not yet decided whether to wait for Shane to have them back in stock or put up a WTB on the BST. My question is, if I go the BST route and a seller wants to sell blades along with it, would I be in violation and out of the Sabbatical? I did trade for a pack of blades from a fine member here, so I have some, just curious as to what the rules/people thought if they offered blades for purchase with the razor as well? Thanks gents. Have a great night y’all!

Edit: if you have a machine finish Vector w/stand that your looking to get rid of hmu, BST post to follow. (Maybe depending on what the powers that be say) 😉
Technically, you only are allowed ONE exception. You could just ask the seller not to send the blades OR you could give the blades away to somebody instead of using them yourself.

Technically, you only are allowed ONE exception. You could just ask the seller not to send the blades OR you could give the blades away to somebody instead of using them yourself.
I appreciate the quick response, Thank you. Now hypothetical follow up question, if they send blades, without my knowledge or include them free with the purchase, in that they didn’t charge me extra for them, would I be in the clear then? I understand it may come down the my own gentlemanly discretion, but I’d like to hear your thoughts on the matter? Thanks so much!

I appreciate the quick response, Thank you. Now hypothetical follow up question, if they send blades, without my knowledge or include them free with the purchase, in that they didn’t charge me extra for them, would I be in the clear then? I understand it may come down the my own gentlemanly discretion, but I’d like to hear your thoughts on the matter? Thanks so much!
If I were the referee, I would say by the rules it would put you out if you kept the blades and used them. Your exception is the razor and that's all that's covered. If we allowed bundling in other stuff with a person's exception, that would be a hole in the rules big enough to drive a truck through.

You could just give the blades away in a PIF, would be my suggestion. You are allowed to spend money on shaving stuff that you give away to somebody else (that's not in the sabbatical). You are not allowed to trade the blades for anything else or use them yourself. That would put you out, IMHO.

Having failed not successfully completed a few sabbaticals in the past for different reasons, I agree with @Atlantic59 on this one. I think the simplest solution is to ask the seller to limit the transaction to just the razor. That eliminates the need for you to to decide what to do with any blades (or anything else) the seller may decide to include. You should already have enough blades to last until the sabbatical restock period in January, so anything else just complicates the situation. This is just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth.

Last edited:
If I were the referee, I would say by the rules it would put you out if you kept the blades and used them. Your exception is the razor and that's all that's covered. If we allowed bundling in other stuff with a person's exception, that would be a hole in the rules big enough to drive a truck through.

You could just give the blades away in a PIF, would be my suggestion. You are allowed to spend money on shaving stuff that you give away to somebody else (that's not in the sabbatical). You are not allowed to trade the blades for anything else or use them yourself. That would put you out, IMHO.
Having failed not successfully completed a few sabbaticals in the past for different reasons, I agree with @Atlantic59 on this one. I think the simplest solution is to ask the seller to limit the transaction to just the razor. That eliminates the need for you to to decide what to do with any blades (or anything else) the seller may decide to include. You should already have enough blades to last until the sabbatical restock period in January, so anything else just complicates the situation. This is just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth.
Thank you kindly gentlemen! AC style razors are new to me, so that is something I don’t have a lot of. I did trade for a pack of blades already however and from what I’ve read the AC blade longevity should get me through the end of the year. Otherwise I’ll just try and trade for more! Thanks again for the guidance, I’m trying my best to make it through successfully as this is my first sabbatical, and I don’t want to fail due to an oversight on my part. Thank you again! I hope you both have a great day!

Still in

USA: Schick Injector Type I2 -Hydro-Magic
China: Schick Injector (6)
USA: Stirling Coconut Lime sample
Spain: Vie-Long BGS 2012 Butterscotch Beehive in Natural Horse
USA: Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk

A great BBS shave this morning!

I finished of my sample of Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber yesterday and started on the Coconut Lime today.

Still in

Schick Injector Type I2 -Hydro-Magic
Schick Injector (7)
Stirling Coconut Lime sample
Vie-Long BGS 2012 Butterscotch Beehive in Natural Horse
Gillette Cool Wave

A fantastic BBS shave after mowing the yard this AM! I'm really enjoying the Stirling Coconut Lime scent and the performance is top notch as always.

Still in but wavering. I have been looking at brushes but have not executed yet. In reality, I can finish the year without an issue. I have two large brushes, a Razorock Monster and a Maggard 30 mm that I really like far as performance goes. I have arthritis in my thumbs that makes the large handles hard to grasp comfortably. I am investigating cutting the handles to size them better but that would mean buying a tool for that specific purpose. Additionally the knot falls out of my Omega Professional, which is one of my favorite brushes. It is nicely broken in and lathers Cella beautifully. Buying the right epoxy to fix it properly would put me out. This would be a very sad story if I did not have 6 other brushes that can get me through the rest of the year. Hanging in there but ......!

Still in but wavering. I have been looking at brushes but have not executed yet. In reality, I can finish the year without an issue. I have two large brushes, a Razorock Monster and a Maggard 30 mm that I really like far as performance goes. I have arthritis in my thumbs that makes the large handles hard to grasp comfortably. I am investigating cutting the handles to size them better but that would mean buying a tool for that specific purpose. Additionally the knot falls out of my Omega Professional, which is one of my favorite brushes. It is nicely broken in and lathers Cella beautifully. Buying the right epoxy to fix it properly would put me out. This would be a very sad story if I did not have 6 other brushes that can get me through the rest of the year. Hanging in there but ......!

PM me and let me know the epoxy and or tool you need. We can work a trade. I won’t let a Marine fail even if I’m retired Army. Trust me, I have what you need.

Den

Top Bottom