What's new

2021 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek

#43 I believe I am out, the allure of the Wolfman waiting list was too much and I have rejoined.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
But you haven't actually executed a purchase, right? I think you're still in until you've spent money on the shaving item(s). Of course there's always the "you're in until you say you're out" clause, but please check with the crew before you make a final declaration.

Last edited:
Still in.
Razor: Karve SS CB SB-B
Blade: PIR (4)
Brush: Semogue 830
Bowl: Timeless
Soap: Haslinger Aloe Vera
A/S: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
It appears to be that the 830 is finally getting fully broken in. I have had struggles with this brush ‘eating’ lather and not having enough for three passes. Today was great however! Plenty of lather for 3 passes plus leftovers! Thoroughly enjoyed this shave today! Have a great day y’all!
1BFA8676-BEB5-4260-92D6-132BC785C182.jpeg

The ship officially left the space port in January. However, you can still unofficially audit the sabbatical from Earth.
Hi,

Start now. Play from home as it is called. Join in with your progress as the rest of us do. :)

There used to be quarterly restraints, but I think they are gone now. So, think of it as three Quarterlies back-to-back-to-back.

Stan - Still In

Thank you, but i will not cheat! I will be back for the 2022 Shave Trek though! Until then, i will simply join the monthly GRUMEs!
Burundian Scout, over and out!

Thank you, but i will not cheat! I will be back for the 2022 Shave Trek though! Until then, i will simply join the monthly GRUMEs!
Burundian Scout, over and out!

It's true that it's quite dangerous in uncharted space. There's not really a redshirt retirement plan in Starfleet. If you should fail your one-year contract, well...you knew that going in.

So, it's much safer to play from home. However, if you fail, I could possibly arrange for a natural disaster, meteor strike, etc. if you'd prefer.

1617896585193.png

:laugh:

Last edited:
It's true that it's quite dangerous in uncharted space. There's not really a redshirt retirement plan in Starfleet. If you should fail your one-year contract, well...you knew that going in.

So, it's much safer to play from home. However, if you fail, I could possibly arrange for a natural disaster, meteor strike, etc. if you'd prefer.
:laugh:

No natural disaster can stop the Burundian Hawk. I can evade the meteor strike simply by flying away. So, good luck to you, sir and watch out for the Romulan ships with the bays full of brushes and the Klingon Birds of Prey unwrapping soap! :laugh:

SS Enterprise.JPG Ship's log; 1st Quarter check in completed and crewman #18 gsurko has retired from the mission. There is also crewman #43 Poldie who has applied to beam down to planet Wolfman; transfer papers are under consideration.
March was a turbulent period and a few losses were sustained. The currrent status shows 14 retirements;
SPS2021-8apr.JPG

SPS2021-failed8apr.JPG

List of crew still on the mission;
SPS2021-1qtra.JPG
SPS2021-1qtrb.JPG

Latest casualty reports follow.

The ship was severely damaged in an encounter with the Planet Killer. Search parties have been unable to locate Crewman @gsurko, so he is presumed to have been sucked into space after the alien beam weapon breached the inner hull.

casualty-breach-1.png

Crewman @poldie was on one of the damage control parties. He was exposed to very high radiation levels, estimated to be over 900 RAD. The crewman is currently in critical condition in sick bay. The doctors hope he can pull through with proper treatment.

casualty-rad-2.png

The casualty reports should now be up to date.

Still in.

Today marks my first ever shave in April month.
I'm all about the traditions and sentiments, but I'm not heartbroken about letting go of this 'Streak'.

It was 9 days worth of stubble, and Kamisori cleaned it like a hot knife cuts a slab of butter.

Vitos Extra Super Coco is my go to soap, whenever I sense that something is not going to be perfect in my shave combination, I can rely on it to work for me always.

Facebook feels happy after the shave, and even though it is DFS, I'm happy to get a nick free shave rather than a BBS with cuts.

IMG_20210409_174304.jpg

Still in and I have not really been tempted by anything lately. I am still using the same inexpensive kit for the month as required for the AFFCC. I have shaved the Goatee and am experiencing a good bit of irritation on my chin. I also keep giving myself weepers and small cuts on my chin and corners of my mouth. I am sure I will get the technique down eventually. It has been about 10-days, maybe my face will firm up soon.

On a positive note, my wife whom has been resistant to the change in my appearance has responded favorably to the loss of my facial hair.

I've almost arrived at 40 earth years in age, which customs from my planet general include requests and receipt of various gifts. I'm resisting any shaving related items, but will end up getting some EDP fragrances.

I currently have a few vintage razors added to the cart, not expecting to actually proceed with anything beyond that.

Still in!

Today's shave was with a Gillette New Improved English version, Wilkinson Super Sword edge blade on about day 6, Saponificio Varesino 70th Soap with Chubby 3 brush.

Still in.

Kamisori shave #10
2 Pass + touch up DFS + Shave.

I've successfully completed the training with the Feather Pro Guard blade, and binned the simulator program disc (blade).

I'll be moving on to the next level and Feather Professional blades will be plugged in for the training purposes.

Big Bess and Tabac spent some time together, and provided me with a great lather.

I met with a truly beautiful shave, and the happy feeling of being able to use the Kamisori properly.

IMG_20210410_222629.jpg

Top Bottom