Blade: PIR
Brush: RR 400 MB
Bowl: Timeless
Soap: Cella EEB
A/S: Old Spice Pure Sport
650E329D-9176-4643-BC8F-5BA570D14DBD.jpeg

Still in

Kamisori shave #8

Either I've become exponentially proficient with the Kamisori or the blade felt duller today, and had to go over an area again (touch-up) to get desired clean shave.

Alcohol Aftershave spray didn't provided too much feedback, it is a good sign.

I achieved BBS even under the jaw line, Woohoo!

IMG_20210331_150305.jpg

Hi,

I have a busted tractor just in time for spring planting. Lift pump packed it in. So, my Spring Scent is Diesel Fuel. :p

Um. No. Wait! I have a busted starship. Warp Drive packed it in. Yeah! That's it! ;)

Stan - Still In
I thought you had a decent collection of tractors, no? Just one?

I thought you had a decent collection of tractors, no? Just one?

Hi,

I have two wheel tractors and two crawlers. Plus a diesel riding mower / garden tractor. And, all of those are working. The busted one is my neighbor's Number Two machine. He was using it, and it just quit. So, he tried to figure it out and then towed it over here.

The lift pump works with the manual lever (used to bleed the air out of the filter after you change it to save cranking on the starter). It's run by a camshaft lobe, which doesn't work the diaphragm as much as the lever does. So, he saw fuel come out the bleed port and so thought the pump was OK. It isn't under cranking. Too low a pressure to feed the injection pump. So, now waiting on delivery of a new pump.

What we all do, is rig up multiple machines with attachments for the season. That way, we don't have to change what's on so much. As in, plowing then discing then planting (grain drill) for him. Later, they get rigged with different mowers, blades, rakes and such. As in, I use a flail on one, and a sickle bar on the other and the little guy has a rotary. I use the larger tractors in pastures (flail) and hay fields (sickle bar) and the little guy around the farmstead and with sprayers (one mounted and the other trailed).

And, I have a big whacking bushhog on one of the crawlers. If it's too big to whack, the blade pops it out and pushes it to the edge of the woods. Some other farms around have been in the process of reclaiming fields from the small trees and brush the past couple of years. The problem can be that whacked stumplets pop tires. Doesn't happen with the crawler and steel tracks. :)

This area was a bunch of 100 acre farms, now split in halves and thirds and used for horses and small cow herds. A lot of folks have been splitting up heritage farms amongst family into smaller farmsteads and returning to the ways of producing their own food for the most part. And, enjoying horseback riding. All these old farms are along a river, and we've all made trails and fishing spots down on the flood plane. It's pretty nice except for no internet. Which, we all either do via Cellular or Satellite.

Stan

Top Bottom