What's new

2021 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek

Update to ship's log;
SPS2021-13jan.JPG

Crewman #42 still in.

Had a close call last night when I was perusing a couple of my favourite vendors and an R41 Twist somehow found its way into my basket...

Discipline prevailed and this morning's shave vindicated my abstention.

TOBS Sandalwood
AP Shaveco 24mm Cashmere
Muhle R103
ASCO (4th use)
TOBS Sandalwood AS

Rating: 9.5/10

IMG_20210113_083344544.jpg

SOTD (013/2021)
13-01-2021

>> Shave Roulette <<
20210113_113232.jpg

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Soap: Le Père Lucien~ Cèdre Orange
Razor: Parker 87R
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux(5)
Postshave: frigd tap water, Le Père Lucien ~ Cèdre Orange AS.

Crew member #3 still in.

Crewman #42 still in.

Had a close call last night when I was perusing a couple of my favourite vendors and an R41 Twist somehow found its way into my basket...

Discipline prevailed and this morning's shave vindicated my abstention.

TOBS Sandalwood
AP Shaveco 24mm Cashmere
Muhle R103
ASCO (4th use)
TOBS Sandalwood AS

Rating: 9.5/10

If you don't hate the lighter and slimmer handle of the R103 there's absolutely no reason to add the Twist version to your rotation now and to skip the journey. The shaves are likely to be rather equal despite the different spects of the Twist handle.

..."Had a close call last night when I was perusing a couple of my favourite vendors and an R41 Twist somehow found its way into my basket...

Discipline prevailed and this morning's shave vindicated my abstention"...

Yes, thankfully someone else purchased the Rockwell 6s that was for sale on this sites trade forum. Not sure I would have had the will power to pass if it had stayed there.

Yes, thankfully someone else purchased the Rockwell 6s that was for sale on this sites trade forum. Not sure I would have had the will power to pass if it had stayed there.
All part of the fun though. If it was easy - every forum member would be in this thread 😉

My replenishment arrived yesterday: Ann Bonny soap and splash, WSP sandalwood splash,another bottle of Ogalalla original splash, plus a tub of Wood and Spice preshave. I'm set for the next 12 months with my exception clear.
My tub of Ogalalla soap was down to a ring, so I scraped it out and melted it down with the contents of my shave stick; not sure which one counts as "done" but there's my first soap.
Cracked a fresh tub of RR Alchemy with the matching splash, not gonna lie this stuff smells fantastic and I was tempted to re-order on principle before the 14th - but I didn't. It's definitely on my restock list for next year already.
Old habits die hard, even after a few consecutive years of sabbatical.

Frag: 1 (Grey Quartz)
Splash: 1 (Ogallala)
Soap: 1 (Ogallala)

Sta Wars, Star Trek....what's the difference [emoji14][emoji14][emoji14][emoji14].

I have never watched Star Trek.

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk
That is giving you a warped perspective. 🌀 :biggrin:

If you have Amazon Prime you can watch the remastered versions for free without any annoying commercials. That is, if you have any interest in the series.

SOTD (014/2021)
14-01-2021

>> Shave Roulette <<

20210114_101053.jpg

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo 28mm Synthetic
Soap: Barrister & Mann ~ Nordost
Razor: Razorock Gamechanger .84 Jaws
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (6)
Postshave: frigd tap water, Stirling Soap~ Orange Chill AS, witch hazel & psb.

JAHE - still in, no tempations to report from my end... and no more last minute orders prior to the closing of the restock window intended.

Top Bottom