What's new

2021 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek

Day 11:
Crewman #42 still aboard the Starship Nospendapenny.
0 temptations to report.

Had a great shave this morning. Pressing a stick of Arko into a tub works better for me and my trusty Omega 48 did it's thing. Blue 6S with GSB performed very well.
IMG_20210111_084017535.jpg

I was waiting for the order from Italian Barber to come through the treacherous clutches of India Post and since about a week , it hadn't moved.

I remembered that old saying - " a watched kettle never boils ", so I stopped checking on it, and viola it crossed a few galaxies (States, and Post Offices) in 2 days and it was delivered to my docking station (my home) at record speed and that too safely.

One third of my last year's purchase has been received and it is a good haul.

This is my first Space Trek and I might have butchered some terms here.

IMG_20210112_131228.jpg
IMG_20210112_131247.jpg
IMG_20210112_130639.jpg
IMG_20210112_142401.jpg
IMG_20210112_142047.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Great shave this morning! Everything used was all in my stable before 01/01/2021.

My current temptation...try out Astra SS blades. The reality...I just don't need them.

Resistance is NOT futile. The Borg have no honor!

Glory to you...and your House! Q'apla!

Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum shave soap
Soap: Goodfellas' Smile Inferno
Brush: Yaqi Red Marbleized Tuxedo synthetic
Razor: Karve Brass OC (Plate B)
Blade: Derby Premium (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Bay Rum scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Bootlegger's Bay Rum

Kit 20210112.jpg

Finally, the last of the items I ordered in December have arrived. Apparently they were routed around the planet Vitos, then Astra, and around the sun prior to my neighborhood and "Warp Speed" was an alien concept to those making the deliveries. Very nice SOTD:
Razor: Rockwell 6c
Soap: Vitos Green
Blade: Astra
AS: Fahrenheit

Love the soap, it lathers well but not as well as Tabac. This soap has a very strong Almond scent seems to rinse off with the soap. Residual slickness and cushion is excellent. It is a very water thirsty soap at least with my inexpensive brushes and poor lather technique. I thought it left my face feeling a little dry, but that is what aftershave is for.

Shave Long and Prosper!

IMG_20210112_075903876~2.jpg

I was waiting for the order from Italian Barber to come through the treacherous clutches of India Post and since about a week , it hadn't moved.

I remembered that old saying - " a watched kettle never boils ", so I stopped checking on it, and viola it crossed a few galaxies (States, and Post Offices) in 2 days and it was delivered to my docking station (my home) at record speed and that too safely.

One third of my last year's purchase has been received and it is a good haul.

This is my first Space Trek and I might have butchered some terms here.

View attachment 1207521View attachment 1207522View attachment 1207523View attachment 1207524View attachment 1207525
That's a good looking razor! Hope you enjoy it.

Still in
Today I cleared a 3rd sample since the begining of the year. Yesterday night I ordered my exception straight from Martin de Candre Factory in Europe. Might take few months to receive.
3017ing these samples makes me want to change the way I pick soaps for a shave. After these samples, I'm gonna use soaps for 3 to 5 shaves in a row instead of changing every shave. It allows me to appreciate a soap and get the best of it. The scent grows on me after few shaves and end up liking some I did not like after 1 shave. Next will be the 3 Eton college.
IMG_20210104_180335~4.jpg

I think there should be a clear rule against this kind of time traveling to put your purchases in another year. We have no idea how this might impact the space-time continuum.
There is no time travel rules. [emoji14]

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Hey.

I was reviewing my CC statement at length and my item that put me out was charged in Dec, not Jan like I thought....

Am I allowed to re-board?

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk

There's an open post for a weapons officer on a Vor'cha class Battlecruiser, the IKS Kar'tog. Hit the targeting simulator and hone up on your gunnery skills. Grab your gear and report for duty. The cruiser leaves space dock for a year-long patrol mission on the outer rim of the Empire's border with the Romulans. Chances are good you'll see combat.

Remember...four thousand throats may be cut in one night by a running man.

Q'apla!

Top Bottom