2021 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek

Still in.

1948-50 Gillette Aristocrat
Personna Platinum Chrome (2)
Lea stick
Semogue Torga C5 boar
Gillette Cool Wave AS
20210425_094627.jpg

Gentlemen, i don't know what other themes were in the past years (well, someone said you had classic cars), but this has to be the best GRUYERE theme ever!

Can we have Star Trek The New Generation next year? Or i don't know...Babylon 5, my favorite Sci Fi series of all times? I will accept Stargate SG-1 too! :001_tt1:

Gentlemen, i don't know what other themes were in the past years (well, someone said you had classic cars), but this has to be the best GRUYERE theme ever!

Can we have Star Trek The New Generation next year? Or i don't know...Babylon 5, my favorite Sci Fi series of all times? I will accept Stargate SG-1 too! :001_tt1:

popper.png

In space, no one can hear you...😱

(just kidding)

Last edited:
Still in.
Razor: RR GC-.68P
Blade: PIR
Brush: Segrada Familia
Bowl: WCS
Soap: B&M Reserve Waves sample
No a/s today
Wow! First time using this soap. I was thoroughly impressed. I scooped some into the bowl and went at it with my brush, kept slowly adding water and it was crazy how much it took! I probably over-hydrated due to the cushion being slightly lacking, but the slickness was very impressive! Post shave was great as well! I will probably have to try trading for a tub of this soap it’s that good, and I’m not trying to fail the sabbatical! Have a great day y’all!
7D3773FF-CDF5-434A-A58B-4B593478FE07.jpeg

Wonderful 3 pass BBS shave with the RazoRock Lupo 95 (on loan) and soft scented Un Jour Gris gave a very pleasant experience.

Un Jour Gris is one of my best purchases, as it is subtle and still very pleasant smelling soap, unlike some of my other soaps.

RazoRock Lupo 95
RazoRock Beehive 28 mm
Rockwell Stainless Steel blade #1
Catie's Bubbles Un Jour Gris
Old Spice Original ASL

IMG_20210501_201323.jpg

Still in, finished off Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary soap that I started in late December.

Today's SOTD:

Gillette 195 Fatboy, set on 7
Wilkinson Super Sword Edge, shave 5+ (lost track)
SV Dolomiti 4.0 Soap
Simpsons Chubby 3 Manchurian
Thayers WH astringent

#34 still in. The biggest benefit of this year has been adding Cella to the rotation. It has turned out to be a nice soap that I enjoy using. I have been focusing on using the Gillette adjustables with different blades so far and have really enjoyed that. FatBoy and Super Adjustable at 7 seems to be right where I want to be and that is where I have been focused for the past few weeks. Tomorrow I will be breaking out the Variant. I've been enjoying rotating soaps and brushes and pretty much converted full time to face lathering. I don't anticipate temptation to buy but there is always potential. Good luck to all.

Top Bottom