What's new

2021 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek

Good evening, Sabbatical Trekkers. I'll be departing the vessel at the nearest starbase this weekend and calling it a two month sabbatical. It's a personal decision that's hardware related. I wish you all the best of luck in your future sabbatical efforts. Q'apla!

There once was a man who loved shaving.
He said, "I’ll get through the Sabbatical by trading!"
It was tempting at first,
But not quite the worst,
He couldn't resist other members’ ravings.

Q’apla!

Crewmen, I'm sorry to inform you that there was an unfortunate accident this evening as our shipmate @JCarr was transporting back to Starbase.

forming-1e.png

condolances-1e.png

Turmeric shaving cream. Interesting. Doesn't that stain?

View attachment 1232373
You have a very Colourful imagination, I'll give you that, ha ha ha.
It's just an ingredient in the shave cream and doesn't stain at all, performance of the tube is good.
Bonus : It contains real sandalwood oil.

I have a few tubes (new), I'll be more than happy to send a tube your way, and you can try it yourself.
It'll be an exotic item in your den.

Ps: I'll be really happy to be able to share something with others as well, it'll not be a burden at all.

Last edited:
Good evening, Sabbatical Trekkers. I'll be departing the vessel at the nearest starbase this weekend and calling it a two month sabbatical. It's a personal decision that's hardware related. I wish you all the best of luck in your future sabbatical efforts. Q'apla!
Sorry to see you go, but at least tell us what you picked up!

On a ski trip to an area where I have purchased a number of razors at an antique store. Stopped in for old time sake and was pleased to see that they had no razors that were of interest. They did however have an EverReady 100T that was tempting for $8.00. Given that I have no need for a brush, I think that the interest in the brush was only as forbidden fruit. Managed to stay strong and put it back on the shelf. It will make someone a nice restoration.
EverREay 100t.jpg

Well, after kind of a rough week I was really looking forward to my Saturday morning shave. I hadn’t used my aluminum Lupo for a few weeks and was happy to be using it again. I had just loaded it with a fresh Bolzano blade, then promptly decided to drop it on the floor 🤦🏻‍♂️
The post was bent pretty bad and the top cap had a gash with a little aluminum burr sticking out of the side. I said some words. I put it aside and had a great shave with some Mike’s Natural Soaps and my PAA DOC. Later on I was able to bend the post back without busting it off, and file the top cap smooth. It’s got a little character now, but should shave just fine.
EB2645F3-37A9-4E7F-A700-26E0D610F764.jpeg

Still in 💈🖖🏼💈

Still in

I'm reaching new heights with the loaner Karve in excellent shaves.
The D plate has real efficiency and quite frankly, this is my first Solid Bar razor experience which resulted in great shave.

I always got less than good shaves with SB and that's why I went for Open Comb in Game Changer (also due to suggestion from fellow crew member) and till now I was satisfied with it.

CB Karve is an excellent razor, and I'm glad that I got a chance to use it.

SOC is coming along and it still has a lot of break-in to be done.
1 1/2 pass lather was provided by the Boar and the face feel was great.

CB Karve D plate (loaner)
Wilkinson Sword (2)
SOC Boar in Cherry
Arko !

Beyond BBS !

IMG_20210307_202011.jpg

Stardate 121066.4
Razor: Gillette Goodwill #160
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Zenith 205 Boar (aka B17)
Cream: Cella

SWS_20210228.jpg

Participating in the FFFMM so same setup as last week. Today is the first day with a fresh GSB after 35 daily shaves using the one from the OBIF challenge. These various monthly events/challenges provide a bit of a distraction and help to take my attention away from window shopping for stuff I don't need. I'm also spending some time making a list of shaving gear to sell or give away. Still no serious temptations.

Crewman #13 still in...

20210307_105348-01.jpeg

SOTD (066/2021)
07-03-2021

>> The mysterious KAI blades <<

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Owners Club C5 Boar
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Executive Man
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: KAI (7)
Post shave: frigid tap, Stirling Soap ~ Executive Man AS.

Enjoy your Sunday, Gents!

JAHE-still in!

Mostly Clear Sunday Shave:
Fatip Piccolo Slant
Silver Star (1)
Semogue C5 Torga premium boar brush
PAA Ice Cube 2.0 pre-shave soap
Klar Seifen shave soap
Dickinson's witch hazel mixed with Pereja Limon Kolonya
LEA 3-in-1 aftershave balm with mild alcohol and menthol

Clean, close shave; accidental BBS

fixed-four-base-4.png

I may be out. You can read about the events that led up to my potential infraction here.

It was during the drive home from the store that I realized I may have broken the rules.

Crewman #13 in limbo...

I may be out. You can read about the events that led up to my potential infraction here.

It was during the drive home from the store that I realized I may have broken the rules.

Crewman #13 in limbo...
You purchased water? I don't make the rules, but it seems to me that we all purchase water to shave during the sabbatical. I just happen to purchase mine from the city. If purchasing water isn't acceptable, one could argue most of us are probably out.

Top Bottom