What's new

2021 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek

After a few blasts from the main phaser array and a photon torpedo the last shave was had from the puck of Col Conk Amber that I started the trek with. I never cared much for this soap. The soap it is not horrible, you can shave with it, but I have much better.

I plan on making some of my own soap in the next week or so if I can get the crew to leave me alone long enough, but until I actually do I will be using the .5 ounce sample of this artisan type stuff with a real heavy perfume that I don't care for. Thankfully Scottie wanted us to try the sample before we ordered a whole puck. No matter how good the shave, I will not be getting more, the scent is just way too strong. The way this stuff smells we should use it on the Klingons but that might make them declare war. This sample was purchased late last year and I feel I have to to get rid of it. I will use it next.

Once this sample is gone I will likely orbit around: Tabac, Vitos, and my homemade if it is any good. I still have several pucks of Col. Conk's I can fall back on, but the Kilo of Vitos alone will likely get me into the next star system.

I you don't like heavy perfumes stay away from:

Capture.JPG

SOTD (026/2021)
26-01-2021

>> Shave Roulette <<
20210125_191635-01.jpeg

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue 1470
Soap: Wickham Soap 1912 ~ Classic 24
Razor: Gillette Tech (pre war)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Razorock Emperor AS, Wickham Classic 24 psb.

Very nice shave, smooth and quite close. Dfs+ on the neck, bbs on the cheeks. The pre-war tech paired with a sharp blade is a very nice tool (and no shim is of need here to get nice results).

JAHE - still in

The captain ordered me to use my homemade soap instead of sticking with the original orbital plan and I had a nice shave this morning. It is a really good soap that is very easy to make. In accordance with the rules of the sabbatical, I will live with it unchanged for the next year.

During the restock window, aka shore leave, I will likely purchase components to make a few tweaks. I will be kind of splitting hairs but with the help of the lead engineer I should be able to improve efficiency by a few percent.

This soap produces incredible lather that is very rich and dense. The soap is very slick and has great cushion but it might be a tiny bit drying after the shave or maybe I should say not as conditioning as some other soaps.

I think this soap is better than the Col. Conks that has been my "go to", but not as good as Tabac (I have found nothing that is). It might be equal to Vitos, it lathers better and is slicker but Vitos does leave the face more conditioned. I will rotate through my store bought soaps, but I will use mine exclusively once they are gone. I plan on tweaking the recipe when the captain allows it, but I am fairly happy with it as it stands.

The captain ordered me to use my homemade soap instead of sticking with the original orbital plan and I had a nice shave this morning. It is a really good soap that is very easy to make. In accordance with the rules of the sabbatical, I will live with it unchanged for the next year.

During the restock window, aka shore leave, I will likely purchase components to make a few tweaks. I will be kind of splitting hairs but with the help of the lead engineer I should be able to improve efficiency by a few percent.

This soap produces incredible lather that is very rich and dense. The soap is very slick and has great cushion but it might be a tiny bit drying after the shave or maybe I should say not as conditioning as some other soaps.

I think this soap is better than the Col. Conks that has been my "go to", but not as good as Tabac (I have found nothing that is). It might be equal to Vitos, it lathers better and is slicker but Vitos does leave the face more conditioned. I will rotate through my store bought soaps, but I will use mine exclusively once they are gone. I plan on tweaking the recipe when the captain allows it, but I am fairly happy with it as it stands.
Not sure if you're willing to share the formulation, but those of us equipped to make bath soap may have the missing components and therefore be able to report on your behalf.

...It is a really good soap that is very easy to make. In accordance with the rules of the sabbatical, I will live with it unchanged for the next year...
Remember, the rules do allow you to trade for things. As long as you don't spend actual money, you might be able to tweak a bit and still stay on course for the year.

Remember, the rules do allow you to trade for things. As long as you don't spend actual money, you might be able to tweak a bit and still stay on course for the year.
A clarification here would be appreciated. When you say “don’t spend actual money” does that mean on stuff? So shipping/postage costs incurred are acceptable? Just want to be sure as I just put up a for trade post in the BST. Thanks for the clarification!

A clarification here would be appreciated. When you say “don’t spend actual money” does that mean on stuff? So shipping/postage costs incurred are acceptable? Just want to be sure as I just put up a for trade post in the BST. Thanks for the clarification!
I believe the shipping/postage costs are allowed on trades, but let's ask @Pepin to clarify that.

I think that should be fine, as long as it's not too much, because it is something not in our hands but Postal and Government policy.

Top Bottom