21-01-2021

>> Shave Roulette <<
20210121_113813.jpg

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Omega Hi Brush 46138 Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Triumph
Razor: Razorock German 37 Slant
Blade: Gillette Sword China(7)
Postshave: frigd tap water, Stirling Soap Triumph AS.

JAHE - still in

I have kind of been in a shuttlecraft lately doing the same boring rotation between ship, work, and home. I am still in and I have only had a few temptations. I have been using my Rockwell 6c plate 4 with the Cloud blade and Col. Conk Amber soap. Thankfully the soap is almost gone, maybe another week. I have over ten shaves on the Cloud blade and I have been getting really nice comfortable shaves even though the finish has required a little work. I was tempted to order 100 of those blades because even dull these things are really smooth. Still, there are other blades I like at least as much and more blades that I have not yet tried. For now at least temptation is being kept at bay.

In addition to the blades I have been feeling some brush lust. Nearly the same amount of attraction that Kirk has for purple, green, or orange women. I have a few inexpensive synthetics and one decent mixed badger brush. I would like to buy a good boar brush and try that out. Unlike our fearless Captain, I can control my urges and will content myself with what I have available at home.

Still in.
Razor: Karve SS OC-A closer than the SB-A plate. But not as good as the SB-B for me.
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: RR 400 matte black
Bowl: Timeless
Soap: RR Gold Label
A/S: Stirling Executive Man
I wasn’t planning on shaving when I did. Just doing some break in lathering with other brushes, but the lather looked so good that I had to shave. Not the closest shave but CCS for sure. Have a great day y’all!
7DA8C120-BE8B-421E-B228-DBB6F7F58B7E.jpeg

Crew member No. 37 reporting and still on duty
Start of the fourth week of intergalactic travel. Distance traveled: 6,03%
Some soft-spoken merchants from Andoria were gently kept at bay and invited to return to their business taking with them their shiny wares.

Today shave #19

Razor: King C Gillette
Blade: Personna 74 (8)
Shaving Cream: T & H Ultimate Comfort
Brush: Semogue Torga C5 premium boar
AS: Clubman Pinaud Tequila Tease

The otherwordly blade fits perfectly in the space travel narrative an it shined once again. It was in very good company as it was joined in today's shave by my favorite cream and the great Semogue boar. The fizzy citrusy tones of the after-shave mixed very well with the light lavender scent of the Truefitt & Hill cream. A very satisfying DFS+ shave.

Rating 7.6/10

Crew member 42 checking in.

Alas, I will shortly be kicked off this ship for failing to uphold the standards of restraint expected of every crew member. The wares and trinkets of passing ships from far away star systems proved too tempting and I succumbed to my baser instincts... For this I humbly apologise. The objects of my failure are logged below:

Muhle R41 Rose Gold razor with a matching razor stand
A brush stand
a tube of Muhle Sandalwood cream with the matching aftershave

I stand ready to accept the Captain's impending judgement and my (ex) fellow crew members mocking...

:em2300:

SOTD (022/2021)
22-01-2021

>> Shave Roulette <<

20210122_164632.jpg

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Streit ~ Grapefruit
Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Gillette Platinum (4)
Postshave: frigd tap water, Majestät AS.

JAHE - still in

Still in.

After yesterday's atrocious shaves (yes, 2 shaves).
I wasn't sure if I'll be able to shave today, but if I was as simple minded, then I wouldn't be part of this community.

Today's shave was extremely pleasant and made up for the pain of yesterday's shave.

@Trollky , I might have to eat my words for bad mouthing the Gillette Permasharp (Indian) blades.

Razor : RazoRock OC 84
Blade : Gillette 7 O'clock Perma Sharp
Brush : RazoRock Beehive
Soap : Trigodon Calm Seas
Aftershave : Suthol Chandan, Anherb ASC
Music : A Way of Life
Shave Rating : 8/10

IMG_20210122_222639.jpg

Alas, I will shortly be kicked off this ship for failing to uphold the standards of restraint expected of every crew member. The wares and trinkets of passing ships from far away star systems proved too tempting and I succumbed to my baser instincts... For this I humbly apologise. The objects of my failure are logged below:

A brush stand

I stand ready to accept the Captain's impending judgement and my (ex) fellow crew members mocking...

And here are the spoils:
IMG_20210123_091019282~2.jpg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!

A brush stand

4qzab7.jpg

Top Bottom