SOTD (017/2021)
17-01-2021

>> Shave Roulette <<

20210117_122551.jpg

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Omega 46138 Synthetic Hi Brush
Soap: Proraso ~ White
Razor: shimmed Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (5)
Postshave: frigd tap water, Proraso white psb

First snow in 2020 here in western parts of Germany. Appropriately today's spin called for Proraso WHITE. Had a flawless shave with it and the full nickel tech. I added a shim for some extra efficiency. Lovely bbs on the cheeks and dfs+ on the neck.

Enjoy your Sunday, gents!

JAHE - still in

SOTD (018/2021)
18-01-2021

>> Shave Roulette <<

20210117_213533-01.jpeg

Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Pharaoh's Dreamsiecle
Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (6)
Postshave: frigd tap water, Stirling Soap Orange Chill AS & psb

Another lovely shave with the chinese made Gillette Wilkinson Sword due to the shave roulette and a great start on Monday morning.

JAHE - still in

Last edited:
Still in and I've started getting my delivery from previous year orders.

EDIT : Today's shave is dedicated to @Smooth and Sharp as a thanks for suggesting me to go for Game Changer 84 OC instead of 68 OC.

I'm piled up with a lot of project and academicrelated tasks, and I'm hardly getting any free time in evening for a good shave.

But, I managed to get an hour today because I wanted to try the new gears.

Razor : RazoRock Game Changer 84 Open Comb
Brush : RazoRock Beehive 28 mm synthetic
Soap : Tabac Original
Blade : 7 O'clock Black (2)
Aftershave : Suthol Chandan and Anherb ASC

Rating (Heartless) : 10/10
BBS Confirm

I gave lathered today, and I get it what's all the hype about Tabac soap.
A 15 second no pressure swirl and a minute or two of face lathering and result was phenomenal.

This provided me with excellent slickness and protection in 1st pass, that I was wondering why I'm not getting much traction for 2nd pass lather; because there wasn't much stubble left for friction !

Brush held enough lather for 3 pass shave easily. Plissoft knot is a luxury for face lathering and Beehive is very well balanced brush.

Everything worked perfectly for me, and I couldn't be happier with the shave.

Ps : Brush is after applying lather for 1st pass.

IMG_20210118_193958.jpg
IMG_20210118_200923.jpg

Still in.
Razor: Karve SS C plate
Blade: Astra SS
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T2
Bowl: Timeless
Soap: Proraso Blue
A/S: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
The B plate was so smooth yesterday with this blade that I thought I’d step up a plate. Bit more blade feel, but still very smooth.
C86567FB-5913-4C45-BE11-22B363CC4209.jpeg

SOTD (019/2021)
19-01-2021

>> Shave Roulette <<

20210119_072818.jpg

Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura Boar/Badger
Soap: Mäurer & Wirtz ~ Tabac
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Postshave: frigd tap water, Stirling Soap Orange Chill AS. Nivea Cool asb.

I had a comfy shave this morning. BBS in three passes. I cranked up the razor for the atg pass from setting 4 to 7 - and my grungy Slim mowed down the remaining stubble with ease (zero tugging atg with the GP).

JAHE - still in

Still in.

No issues with shaving restraint, I'm currently on vacation in a remote star system away from my normal home in Melbourne Australia, with limited care for inter-stellar communication and or trade with vessels bearing shaving gear to be exchanged. I'm expecting to commence re-entry back into the reality end of week, to then don my red shirt of responsiblity and societal servitude, and brace for another year of corporate Work from Home until the vaccines work and general public well being improves.

I have a number of deliveries that have beamed up to me home from last-ditch December 2020 buying splurge, these include SV's Dolomiti 4.3 with their turtle shell bowl, other SV soaps I do not recall, and another wallet-depleting brush from the Isle of Man. It seemed perfectly logical at the time to have enough items to keep temptation at bay during the long cold winter of restraint.

SOTD (020/2021)
20-01-2021

>> Shave Roulette <<

20210120_092106.jpg

Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2-band badger
Soap: Zingari Man ~ The Explorer
Razor: Fatip Open Comb Slant
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (3)
Postshave: frigd tap water, Zingari Man psb

Today is the inauguration day – of Zingari Man´s “The Explorer” in my den. It´s one of the soaps I ordered as soon as the 2021 sabbatical restock window opened (the parcel needed only 16 days to find my home base on this side of the pond – kudos to the shipping companies involved... two more parcels are still pending...).

The scent is very close in terms if dublicating the fragrance - I'm smelling devine now... lovely scent!

JAHE - still in

Top Bottom