What's new

2020 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Those Daring Men with their Jaunty Razors & Jalopies

#54 still in. Few weeks ago I was tempted to browse online stores for some soaps and aftersaves that I haven't tried yet. But I realized that if I did that it would somehow make me feel defeated by the current situation, so I stayed put. Now all is good, ready to finish the challenge.

#54 still in. Few weeks ago I was tempted to browse online stores for some soaps and aftersaves that I haven't tried yet. ...Now all is good, ready to finish the challenge.
That happened to me, too. I recalled the whole reason I started the sabbatical was to use up some of what I already had. It made sense to just keep paring down the surplus. There is more than enough in reserve, and no need for more now.

Hi,

Still cruising down the road at 45 per, reading the Burma-Shave signs! In 1931 now, but will be in 1932 in three more days. :)

Stan

#62 is out. I don't wish to discourage any remaining participants, but I didn't want to just drop out without a farewell. With everything that is going on right now, I'm just not in the mood to continue the challenge. Maybe I'm just having a bad day/week/month. Maybe I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed by current events. That's not a reason. That's not an excuse. It's just the way it is. No more sabbaticals. No more restraints. Carpe diem.

I appreciate and use my razors and brushes. My soaps are dialed-in. I didn't buy anything. I don't need anything. I don't want anything. But if I do happen to see something related to shaving that I believe may bring a little joy into my life, I will buy it for myself. If I was wrong in that belief, so be it. At least I tried.

I wish you all continued success in this endeavor regardless of your reason for participating. Be well and be safe...

#62 is out. I don't wish to discourage any remaining participants, but I didn't want to just drop out without a farewell. With everything that is going on right now, I'm just not in the mood to continue the challenge. Maybe I'm just having a bad day/week/month. Maybe I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed by current events. That's not a reason. That's not an excuse. It's just the way it is. No more sabbaticals. No more restraints. Carpe diem.

I appreciate and use my razors and brushes. My soaps are dialed-in. I didn't buy anything. I don't need anything. I don't want anything. But if I do happen to see something related to shaving that I believe may bring a little joy into my life, I will buy it for myself. If I was wrong in that belief, so be it. At least I tried.

I wish you all continued success in this endeavor regardless of your reason for participating. Be well and be safe...
It's important, especially in these times, to provide care for oneself. I wish you the best!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Half way through the quarterly check in; a driver has withdrawn. Four more days for first check in to complete. Team 7 showing some grit and Team 5 flagging. The latest race position is;
SPS2020-3apr.JPG
SPS2020-3apr-b.JPG

I’m still in. Woot. I forgot my number. I’ve exercised my exception and bought a Paladin. Other than that doing well.

Unfortunately haven’t been around too much lately. Life has been busy at home but has been great. Hope to be around a bit more in a few more weeks but have been having great shaves.

Is there any chance @Pepin could edit the OP to include the final list of cars, directly or through a link? I'm having no luck finding which page it was on ._.

e: found it!

Anyways, car #65 checking in. Still in the race so far!

SOTD (# 63/2020)
04-04-2020

20200404_153104-01.jpeg

Preshave: Hot shower
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Fan 24/50
Soap: Gentleman's Nod ~ Ernest (Sample)
Razor: Gillette 40's style Super Speed
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Germany (4)
Postshave: frigid tap water, mentholated Orange Majestät AS.

JAHE - # 6 still in

(Soap Samples: minus 6)

#64 still in this one. It has been an absurd six weeks and I have never been busier in my life. That said, I have managed to make it through the last bit of two tubs of soap from my stash. Stone Cottage Shaving Vetiver & Vanilla a couple weeks back and the last of a tub of Siliski Soaps Midnight in Tunisia that finished up this morning.

Not certain what I will open next

SOTD (# 64/2020)
05-04-2020

20200405_134511-01-01.jpeg

Preshave: Proraso White pre-shave cream
Brush: WestCoastShaving Two Tone Tall Synthetic 26/56
Soap: Gentleman' s Nod ~ Ernest (Sample)
Razor: Parker 87R
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Germany (5)
Postshave: frigid tap water, mentholated Majestät AS + Orange; Nivea After shave balm.

I finished another soap sample today, furthermore I 3017ed the first after shave balm in 2020.

JAHE - still in

(Soap Samples: minus 7;
After Shave Balm: minus 1)

:56 Still in. So I work in the events industry and there is no work currently. I decided I would brush up my 3D CAD skills, while working from home, and drew up a brush holder to convert and print out on our 3D printer. It's very basic but got the job done tidying up my den. I printed 7 of the lighter one. I've had the black one for several years and used it as a model.
IMG_2462.JPG
IMG_2463.JPG

Top Bottom