What's new

2020 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Those Daring Men with their Jaunty Razors & Jalopies

Unfortunately my BAD got a hold of me. I thought my one artisan brush would be enough but I picked up another artisan brush that I've been eyeing on. The shape and color was my style and the price was right as well. I wanted to go through the year but I think it's better to take it month by month. Cheers and hope everyone else finishes strong. I'm out.

Car #35 reporting. No mishaps or breakdowns on this leg of the course. Soap tanks are nearly full. Continuing on.

I personally am 1 for 5 in yearly restraints, and for the first time since 2014 did not enter the restraint this year.

This thread is supposed to be for those who are participating in the sabbatical this year, to provide support and mutual encouragement for everybody to stay in to the end of the year. You are not in at all this year, and every post I have seen from you actively discourages people from making it to the end.
:huh:

This thread is supposed to be for those who are participating in the sabbatical this year, to provide support and mutual encouragement for everybody to stay in to the end of the year. You are not in at all this year, and every post I have seen from you actively discourages people from making it to the end.
:huh:

I have to agree with Atlantic59 here. Congrats on successfully completing 1 sabbatical but going 1 for 5 shows a definite lack of restraint. Sure, it happens but people are here to avoid purchases so you shouldn't be encouraging others to go out when they are tempted. I'm 2 for 2 in as many years so it's very do-able guys. Yes there have been temptations but when I look at how long it will take to use up what I already have, it makes resisting that temptation a lot easier. Hang in there guys, you can do it!

Disappointing to see another retirement. Here is the positon on the race to date. I have assumed "wmitchell" is still racing as he has not withdrawn nor been posting since 6th January. All I saw was an unsolicited gift on 5th January. The check in period is coming up soon so await clarification.
SPS2020-16mar.JPG
SPS2020-16mar_b.JPG

Disappointing to see another retirement. Here is the positon on the race to date. I have assumed "wmitchell" is still racing as he has not withdrawn nor been posting since 6th January. All I saw was an unsolicited gift on 5th January. The check in period is coming up soon so await clarification.
View attachment 1074860View attachment 1074861
Thanks for the statistics. After looking at the numbers, we’re not in as bad a shape as I thought.

#4 is still in the race!

#7 still in. Plugging away with a Speick stick.

Keep on going!

My biggest challenge will come when I run out of Speick splash. Most of the last month I've been using the Sir Irisch Moos splash and Speick balm, but there's no substitute for the pure unadulterated Speick scent as found in the alcohol splash.

Keep on going!

My biggest challenge will come when I run out of Speick splash. Most of the last month I've been using the Sir Irisch Moos splash and Speick balm, but there's no substitute for the pure unadulterated Speick scent as found in the alcohol splash.
Remember, you can trade without going out. Also, you can cut Speick with a bit of witch hazel in the palm of the hand.

World news has distracted me from thinking much about shaving lately. Might be time to fill p a shopping cart ( and leave it ) to distract myself.

Noticed today that I am down to my last tuck of Astra blades. Pre-restraint, I would have disregarded the unopened 100 blade packages of other types that I have and ordered a new supply of Astras. I could shave daily, using Polsiver blades for 3 shaves each and get to the end of the year with spares. Can do the same with Personna Blue, Crystal, Voshkod and Personna Red. Working on improving lather skills and seeing no reason why can't finish the year.

I have to agree with Atlantic59 here. Congrats on successfully completing 1 sabbatical but going 1 for 5 shows a definite lack of restraint. Sure, it happens but people are here to avoid purchases so you shouldn't be encouraging others to go out when they are tempted. I'm 2 for 2 in as many years so it's very do-able guys. Yes there have been temptations but when I look at how long it will take to use up what I already have, it makes resisting that temptation a lot easier. Hang in there guys, you can do it!

KevDogg has always been a fixture for the restraints. He's there to ensure that the weak fall behind the pack and get eaten by the lions...hmm, I suppose I should have made a jalopy analogy there. It's always been a fun addition to the restraint in the past.

KevDogg has always been a fixture for the restraints. He's there to ensure that the weak fall behind the pack and get eaten by the lions...hmm, I suppose I should have made a jalopy analogy there. It's always been a fun addition to the restraint in the past.

Yes, this. KevDogg has been the consistent voice of unrestraint for years in this thread and many others. It would not be the same without him. Or as much fun.

How many people go to the track to watch the car crashes? It’s all part of the race and the spectacle.

Last edited:
CAC operatives are a historical fixture in monthly and annual restraints. They are like sirens tempting you with their songs. The weak succumb to their songs and and become the succubus slaves. The strong resist, fight, stay true to the course and leave devastation in their wake as they conquer all.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;4yr/10yr Sabbatical

Top Bottom