What's new

2020 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Those Daring Men with their Jaunty Razors & Jalopies

I heard production on it already stopped and they are going to be super rare collectors item that everybody will envy and wish they bought one when they had the chance. You only live once--don't miss out!

Buy it and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about you guys, but I'm having some of my best shaves yet! Settling down and using the same gear every day has had a phenomenal impact. I'm really enjoying the sabbatical!

In other news, I've stopped using preshave and alum altogether. I'd tried to stop using them a while back and it did not go well... I'm guessing that my extended experience with the same gear has improved my technique to the point that I no longer need them - another positive, since I was running out of preshave anyhow...

It's amazing what performance and feedback you can get using the same gear for a period of time. I found that using the same gear for a few days or a week helps, and then I find using less slick soaps help my hone my technique (don't get me wrong, I love slick soaps too!).

Had my first shave with the Famex cage comb razor. Wow, that boy is very aggressive, I rode the comb most of the time, a minor irritation on the back of my neck (an irregular spot for me).

It's amazing what performance and feedback you can get using the same gear for a period of time. I found that using the same gear for a few days or a week helps, and then I find using less slick soaps help my hone my technique (don't get me wrong, I love slick soaps too!).

That's interesting... I've been loving Tabac due to its slickness, but maybe I should spend some time with some of my less slick soaps and see what happens!

I thought I might go crazy not being able to buy anything this year, but so far it has just forced me to look at the stuff I've already accumulated and appreciate it more.

gcconspiracy, still in

No. 23 checking in.
No purchases - riding in my Bentley's on autopilot.
Failed FFFMM though, Karve stainless E proved to be too aggressive - but that has nothing to do with acquiring stuff.

Second sextoblade shave , tabac, a couple mysterious weepers on my trouble spot. Went alot easier than the first shave. Perfect head shave with the paa Ascension. Getting back into the straight style face shave. The blade seemed not as smooth as my straights. Could have been me as well, personna (2).

Out of the blue, my son in law asked me what he should get to start DE shaving. I have set him up with a 1954 flare tip SuperSpeed, a tub of Proraso Red, a sampling of Personna Blue, Personna Red, Astra, Voshkod and Polsiver blades. Threw in a Parker Fine badger, Semogue 830 boar and a Maggard synthetic to give him a chance to try different brushes. Also a bottle of Clubman to finish with. Still have enough to get through the rest of the year with no issue. Hopefully he will get a baseline and know what he wants to buy if he stays with it.

Out of the blue, my son in law asked me what he should get to start DE shaving. I have set him up with a 1954 flare tip SuperSpeed, a tub of Proraso Red, a sampling of Personna Blue, Personna Red, Astra, Voshkod and Polsiver blades. Threw in a Parker Fine badger, Semogue 830 boar and a Maggard synthetic to give him a chance to try different brushes. Also a bottle of Clubman to finish with. Still have enough to get through the rest of the year with no issue. Hopefully he will get a baseline and know what he wants to buy if he stays with it.

That is an excellent choice of products for a wet shaving newbie to start with. Well done, nice PIF!

SOTD (# 54/2020)
12-03-2020

20200308_140804-01-01.jpeg

Preshave: Proraso White pre-shave cream
Brush: Omega Synthetic 46138 Hi Brush 24/57
Soap: D.R. Harris ~ Windsor (sample)
Razor: Mühle R41 Grande
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (3)
Postshave: fridig tap water, FINE L' Orange Noir AS, Nivea AS balm.

JAHE - still in

Gentlemen, I have been pulled over during this leg of the race. I know I have spoke about it before, but I have been offered the promotion at work which i was going for. I am currently filling the position a couple of days during the week on a probationary status while still honoring the duties of my soon to be old position on the weekends. Everything should be finalized, signed, sealed and delivered by the end of the month.

What this means is the event has happened and the circumstances met for the possible purchase of the Wunderbar. I am very nervous during this traffic stop and I am doing my best to maintain my composure so that I am not removed from the vehicle. I have even removed the bookmark for Italian Barber. I...Must...Stay...Strong...

Trust me, though, if my weakness prevails and I am cuffed by Officer I.B. "Razorock" Wunderbar, the body cam footage will definitely be worthy of national news coverage. I will not go down without a fight.

Team Six, #32 still in as of right now. :eek2:

Gentlemen, I have been pulled over during this leg of the race. I know I have spoke about it before, but I have been offered the promotion at work which i was going for. I am currently filling the position a couple of days during the week on a probationary status while still honoring the duties of my soon to be old position on the weekends. Everything should be finalized, signed, sealed and delivered by the end of the month.

What this means is the event has happened and the circumstances met for the possible purchase of the Wunderbar. I am very nervous during this traffic stop and I am doing my best to maintain my composure so that I am not removed from the vehicle. I have even removed the bookmark for Italian Barber. I...Must...Stay...Strong...

Trust me, though, if my weakness prevails and I am cuffed by Officer I.B. "Razorock" Wunderbar, the body cam footage will definitely be worthy of national news coverage. I will not go down without a fight.

Stay strong!

I kind of like encouraging people to follow there heart. Buy it now—there will always be next year for sabbatical! You deserve to “treat yo self” with the promotion.

Top Bottom