What's new

2020 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Those Daring Men with their Jaunty Razors & Jalopies

As is custom, here is the item that took my car off the road.

Gillette Aristocrat Coronation set. Complete with handwritten receipt from 1953. This is the aluminum version, weighing in at 37 grams.

20200214_151358.jpg
20200214_151449.jpg
20200214_151521.jpg

Gents,
I kindly request your judgement.
Mrs JAHE gifted me a very nice bottle of aftershave and a shavette for valentine's day.

I neither asked for these items nor did I give her any hints... frankly I wasn't even aware that our local drugstore offered a shavette. Never tried one as of yet. It really surprised me.

View attachment 1062994

However, I leave it up to your decision if this gift puts me out...
It's as though you won a PIF from your wife! You don't go out for receiving a PIF as long as you did not hint, request, cajole, beg, etc.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Gents,
I kindly request your judgement.
Mrs JAHE gifted me a very nice bottle of aftershave and a shavette for valentine's day.

I neither asked for these items nor did I give her any hints... frankly I wasn't even aware that our local drugstore offered a shavette. Never tried one as of yet. It really surprised me.

View attachment 1062994

However, I leave it up to your decision if this gift puts me out...
not at all!! enjoy!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I am looking to add some quantifiable analytics. But, I need everybody's help! Could you all copy the member table and add your join dates / leave dates, if you have left? Also, could you add the price of your exception?

I hope to create some beautiful charts for us...

I am looking to add some quantifiable analytics. But, I need everybody's help! Could you all copy the member table and add your join dates / leave dates, if you have left? Also, could you add the price of your exception?

I hope to create some beautiful charts for us...
Greetings CzechCzar;

if you could get us started with exactly how you would like to see this information, that might be helpful. I think I understand what you are requesting, but am not 100% sure.

It might be a tall order getting everyone to participate. After previous failed extra curricular debacles in this Sabbatical, it might be asking a lot for people to get involved. Just saying, that was strange and ugly there for a few days.

It's Hedley, #50, still in and smooth shaving so far.

As is custom, here is the item that took my car off the road.

Gillette Aristocrat Coronation set. Complete with handwritten receipt from 1953. This is the aluminum version, weighing in at 37 grams.

View attachment 1063086View attachment 1063087View attachment 1063088

I’ll go ahead and say it:By far the nicest vintage buy i’ve seen in my two years on B&B. That’s museum quality. I’m of the “enjoy it destroy it” mentality and i honestly don’t know if i could use it. Where on earth did you find it WITH the original receipt?! I’d love to know the story.

I’ll go ahead and say it:By far the nicest vintage buy i’ve seen in my two years on B&B. That’s museum quality. I’m of the “enjoy it destroy it” mentality and i honestly don’t know if i could use it. Where on earth did you find it WITH the original receipt?! I’d love to know the story.
It came from the UK. I purchased it on another shaving forum. It was priced at a reasonable cased Aristocrat price. As pictured, this one is in pretty good shape. There is one tiny speck on the plating, near the knob where the inner handle goes into the outer handle. Other than that, it presents as new/unused. It has been used, and will be by me, but there are no signs of any use. After some research, it appears the aluminum version is rarer than the brass version. This doesn't necessarily mean pricier, or more desirable. Then he dropped the price. That was it for my level restraint.

It came from the UK. I purchased it on another shaving forum. It was priced at a reasonable cased Aristocrat price. As pictured, this one is in pretty good shape. There is one tiny speck on the plating, near the knob where the inner handle goes into the outer handle. Other than that, it presents as new/unused. It has been used, and will be by me, but there are no signs of any use. After some research, it appears the aluminum version is rarer than the brass version. This doesn't necessarily mean pricier, or more desirable. Then he dropped the price. That was it for my level restraint.

Amazing find. I’m just stunned it has the original receipt.

Top Bottom