What's new

2020 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Those Daring Men with their Jaunty Razors & Jalopies

After 41 shaves I declared a dorco st301 stainless blade done and put in a fresh one for this mornings shave. If my records are accurate (lol) I only have 2366 assorted blades to go before I run out. The soap progress is going pretty slow too. I am 355 shaves into a block of Vitos Extra coco - 2020 will not be the year that this puppy gets finished off as I seem to be using it up at a smidgen more than 0.4 grams per shave. My 400ml bottle of RR baby blue that I have been casually 3017ing since Oct 29, 2017 is getting close to running dry so I will probably be able to sing another verse of 99 bottle of aftershave on the wall soon.

Just put in an order for some diamond plates to do some honing.... I am still in because they will be used in the shop for my planes and chisels. Someday I will learn how to hone a straight but for now keeping my woodworking stuff sharp is keeping me busy enough.

Oh still in looking forward to a bit of warm weather so I can roll down the window and cruise along with the elbow hanging out.

Ruckin.

I put in the new, soon to be released, Fatip Slant as my exception. Now I'm curious, does this exception cover a one time purchase of both OC and Solid Bar? Here is my statement of exception when I said I'm In: 2020 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Those Daring Men with their Jaunty Razors & Jalopies - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/2020-shave-purchase-sabbatical-those-daring-men-with-their-jaunty-razors-jalopies.577617/page-7#post-10491734
View attachment 1062681View attachment 1062682
We all call ourselves out, but this is what the exception rule says:

*Oscar Wilde Clause ("Everything in moderation, including moderation"): If you elect to do so, you may state one specific personal exception when you sign up. The personal exception is a onetime one item purchase (one razor, or one soap, or one box of blades).

Raven Koenes

My precious!
We all call ourselves out, but this is what the exception rule says:

*Oscar Wilde Clause ("Everything in moderation, including moderation"): If you elect to do so, you may state one specific personal exception when you sign up. The personal exception is a onetime one item purchase (one razor, or one soap, or one box of blades).
Thank you, That settles it. One Fatip OC Slant it is. The Gentile can wait. That rule makes perfect sense.

Holy...!
We are living in the golden age of the DE shaving for sure! Never seen that many offers and new products coming out.
Fatip Slant, eh? When did that happen? For me it will happen in 2022.

Holy...!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Holy...!
We are living in the golden age of the DE shaving for sure! Never seen that many offers and new products coming out.
Fatip Slant, eh? When did that happen? For me it will happen in 2022.

Holy...!
I have to tell you the story behind the Fatip Slant. Jim @Chan Eil Whiskers and Cal @Cal were in a slant faze. They PM'ed me, Mike @Esox, and zigzigler. They thought a Fatip Slant would be a fantastic idea. We all agreed and thought that would be absolutely smashing. They then nominated me to contact Fatip, I'd emailed them before and gotten a response from them, to ask them if they would ever consider creating a Slant. This is where I got the title from Jim as being the Ambassador to Fatip or Mr Ambassador.

I wrote this e-mail to Fatip in Dec. of 2017:

To Whom it May Concern,
I'm writing on behalf of myself and friends of mine on Badger and Blade an internet shaving forum. We all belong to Clubs and Brotherhoods within B&B specifically BOSC (Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies) and PLC (Piccolo Lovers Club. Fatip razors have found a lot of respect and love on our shaving forum. I myself have six different Fatips and a Fatip Pure Badger Brush. The guys were talking about how absolutely wonderful it would be to have a Fatip Slant in the typical Open Comb Grande style. I was nominated to contact Fatip in this regard. As you do further development please consider creating a Fatip Slant. This is a product many of us would like to see, and purchase, as a welcome addition to all of your other superb products. Thank you kindly for the years of shaving perfection you have provided and continued success to Fatip!
Best Regards
Raven Koenes

A very long month went by without any response. The guys would ask if I'd heard anything back from Fatip. I checked my email consistently and there was no response from Fatip. I found this a bit disconcerting as they had always responded in a somewhat timely manner given that they have to translate. Finally, after a month of waiting Fatip announced on their Facebook page that they had decided to start developing a Fatip Slant. I immediately shared the news with Cal, Jim, Mike, and Zig. That was two years ago. It took them that long. It looks as if they really got it right. That's our story and we're sticking to it.

84321695_2565421160363024_8182952093850533888_o.jpg
86257998_2565421077029699_3651193539900997632_o.jpg

After two years of anticipation for me not to get both of them due to participating in this 2020 Sabbatical say's, at least for me, that my commitment is serious. I really desire to be a minimalist, but having the ability to exhibit constraint is important to me in lieu of that.

Cheers
Rave

I have to tell you the story behind the Fatip Slant. Jim @Chan Eil Whiskers and Cal @Cal were in a slant faze. They PM'ed me, Mike @Esox, and zigzigler. They thought a Fatip Slant would be a fantastic idea. We all agreed and thought that would be absolutely smashing. They then nominated me to contact Fatip, I'd emailed them before and gotten a response from them, to ask them if they would ever consider creating a Slant. This is where I got the title from Jim as being the Ambassador to Fatip or Mr Ambassador.

I wrote this e-mail to Fatip in Dec. of 2017:

To Whom it May Concern,
I'm writing on behalf of myself and friends of mine on Badger and Blade an internet shaving forum. We all belong to Clubs and Brotherhoods within B&B specifically BOSC (Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies) and PLC (Piccolo Lovers Club. Fatip razors have found a lot of respect and love on our shaving forum. I myself have six different Fatips and a Fatip Pure Badger Brush. The guys were talking about how absolutely wonderful it would be to have a Fatip Slant in the typical Open Comb Grande style. I was nominated to contact Fatip in this regard. As you do further development please consider creating a Fatip Slant. This is a product many of us would like to see, and purchase, as a welcome addition to all of your other superb products. Thank you kindly for the years of shaving perfection you have provided and continued success to Fatip!
Best Regards
Raven Koenes

A very long month went by without any response. The guys would ask if I'd heard anything back from Fatip. I checked my email consistently and there was no response from Fatip. I found this a bit disconcerting as they had always responded in a somewhat timely manner given that they have to translate. Finally, after a month of waiting Fatip announced on their Facebook page that they had decided to start developing a Fatip Slant. I immediately shared the news with Cal, Jim, Mike, and Zig. That was two years ago. It took them that long. It looks as if they really got it right. That's our story and we're sticking to it.

View attachment 1062809View attachment 1062810
After two years of anticipation for me not to get both of them due to participating in this 2020 Sabbatical say's, at least for me, that my commitment is serious. I really desire to be a minimalist, but having the ability to exhibit constraint is important to me in lieu of that.

Cheers
Rave

Great story and I am happy to celebrate both your acquisition of something you've wanted for a while and your commitment to the sabbatical and showing restraint.

Bravo all around.

Only 341 days or so until I can order up a Fatip Slant.

There is something very Salvador Dali or Cabinet of Dr Caligari about this slanted OC head and Twizzler handle that demands that I must have one. In January 2021.

I have to tell you the story behind the Fatip Slant...
Thank you for sharing this with us. Fantastic story! The new razors have more value with your story attached to them.
Let me say that you are not alone in the quest for becoming minimalist, count me in. I will wait for your 2021 review of the Fatip slant.
Somehow, your posts, including the torturous pictures, reminded me of this lecture:

Thanks again.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Thank you for sharing this with us. Fantastic story! The new razors have more value with your story attached to them.
Let me say that you are not alone in the quest for becoming minimalist, count me in. I will wait for your 2021 review of the Fatip slant.
Somehow, your posts, including the torturous pictures, reminded me of this lecture:

Thanks again.
Oh, I'll get one. The Open Comb. I made the Slant my one purchase exception. I just won't be able to get both...I'm greedy, but committed. Lol.

Depending on reviews, one may get added to my den. I’m a slant shaver exclusively.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;4yr/10yr Sabbatical

SOTD (# 33/2020)
14-02-2020

20200213_171145-01.jpeg

Preshave: Proraso White pre-shave cream
Brush: Semogue 1800 (Boar)
Soap: Dr. John's ~ Defiance (Sample)
Razor: shimmed Mercur 15c
Blade: Wilkinson Sword / Germany (12)
Postshave: fridig tap water, Fine Fresh Vetiver AS, Nivea After Shave Balm.

JAHE (still in)

Gents,
I kindly request your judgement.
Mrs JAHE gifted me a very nice bottle of aftershave and a shavette for valentine's day.

I neither asked for these items nor did I give her any hints... frankly I wasn't even aware that our local drugstore offered a shavette. Never tried one as of yet. It really surprised me.

20200214_161427-01.jpeg

However, I leave it up to your decision if this gift puts me out...

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Gents,
Mrs JAHE gifted me a very nice bottle of aftershave and a shavette for valentine's day.

I neither asked for these items nor did I give her any hints... frankly I wasn't even aware that our local drugstore offered a shavette. Never tried one as of yet. It really surprised me.

View attachment 1062994

I think it is a matter of intent. Since you stated you had no intention, nor give hints, my vote is that you are in the clear.

Gents,

View attachment 1062994

I think you’re still in.

Gents,

View attachment 1062994

Still in.

Since you did not ask/hint for the item you did not break rule #5
"Gifts. You cannot ask for, solicit, hint at, etc., gifts in any way."

Enjoy the rally.

Gents,

View attachment 1062994

That is nice, I received shave gel (which I haven't used for many years) and face wash for VD. I asked for neither and don't consider myself out. She got some Lindor chocolates and a yankee candle.

Top Bottom