What's new

2020 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Those Daring Men with their Jaunty Razors & Jalopies

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
First winner!

• I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have no body, but I come alive with wind. What am I?
  • You measure my life in hours and I serve you by expiring. I’m quick when I’m thin and slow when I’m fat. The wind is my enemy.
  • I have cities, but no houses. I have mountains, but no trees. I have water, but no fish. What am I?
  • What is seen in the middle of March and April that can’t be seen at the beginning or end of either month?
  • You see a boat filled with people. It has not sunk, but when you look again you don’t see a single person on the boat. Why?
    • They are all married (GaryTha - not in)
  • What word in the English language does the following: the first two letters signify a male, the first three letters signify a female, the first four letters signify a great, while the entire world signifies a great woman. What is the word?
  • What English word has three consecutive double letters?
  • A woman shoots her husband, then holds him underwater for five minutes. Next, she hangs him. Right after, they enjoy a lovely dinner. Explain.
  • I come from a mine and get surrounded by wood always. Everyone uses me. What am I?
  • A girl has as many brothers as sisters, but each brother has only half as many brothers as sisters. How many brothers and sisters are there in the family?
  • What disappears as soon as you say its name?
  • How can the number four be half of five?
  • I have keys, but no locks and space, and no rooms. You can enter, but you can’t go outside. What am I?
  • What gets wet while drying?
  • A is the brother of B. B is the brother of C. C is the father of D. So how is D related to A?
  • What are the next three letters in this combination? OTTFFSS
  • This belongs to you, but everyone else uses it.

A woman shoots her husband, then holds him underwater for five minutes. Next, she hangs him. Right after, they enjoy a lovely dinner. Explain.

She shoots her husband with a camera, then developing the film and print she holds it underwater to remove the chemicals, then she hangs the photo on the wall. Dinner to enjoy together and discuss photography.

I have a product that I'd like to PIF...

Caveat is that if you go out, you have to re-PIF the item to a member who is still in the GRUYERE.

Entrants will have to solve one of the below riddles. Paste the list with your username and answer below. I will tell you if you are right.

The PIF will run until most are solved. One entry per participant!

The riddles:

• A woman shoots her husband, then holds him underwater for five minutes. Next, she hangs him. Right after, they enjoy a lovely dinner. Explain.

A woman shoots her husband, then holds him underwater for five minutes. Next, she hangs him. Right after, they enjoy a lovely dinner. Explain.

She shoots her husband with a camera, then developing the film and print she holds it underwater to remove the chemicals, then she hangs the photo on the wall. Dinner to enjoy together and discuss photography.

I have a product that I'd like to PIF...

Caveat is that if you go out, you have to re-PIF the item to a member who is still in the GRUYERE.

Entrants will have to solve one of the below riddles. Paste the list with your username and answer below. I will tell you if you are right.

The PIF will run until most are solved. One entry per participant!

The riddles:

• I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have no body, but I come alive with wind. What am I?
  • You measure my life in hours and I serve you by expiring. I’m quick when I’m thin and slow when I’m fat. The wind is my enemy.
  • I have cities, but no houses. I have mountains, but no trees. I have water, but no fish. What am I?
  • What is seen in the middle of March and April that can’t be seen at the beginning or end of either month?
  • You see a boat filled with people. It has not sunk, but when you look again you don’t see a single person on the boat. Why?
  • What word in the English language does the following: the first two letters signify a male, the first three letters signify a female, the first four letters signify a great, while the entire world signifies a great woman. What is the word?
  • I come from a mine and get surrounded by wood always. Everyone uses me. What am I?
  • A girl has as many brothers as sisters, but each brother has only half as many brothers as sisters. How many brothers and sisters are there in the family?
  • I have keys, but no locks and space, and no rooms. You can enter, but you can’t go outside. What am I?
  • A is the brother of B. B is the brother of C. C is the father of D. So how is D related to A?
A is the brother of B. B is the brother of C. C is the father of D. So how is D related to A?
A would be D's uncle

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
updated. you guys are fast!

• A map (Atlantic59)
    • She shoots him with a camera... (Pepin)

Unfortunately, there were not 36 entrants before noon my time, so I did not select a winner. However, there is a consolation PIF. If all entrants survive through completion of the first quarter check-in, I will PIF all three soaps; one soap to three winners.

1578337455691.png

Those who do not want to participate, please remove your name from the list. If there are not at least 15 participants, I'll think of a different PIF.

1. Azbronco: Adolescent Overkill
2. CzechCzar: Glabrescent acquiescent
3. GaryTha: Pubescent Peach Phuzz (Not eligible to win)
4. Sotiris_A: Italian descent, inspired by Acqua di Parma colonia (not playing for PIF)
5. Ruckin: Concupiscent Cream
6. Mr_Houston: Luminescent, glow-in-the-dark lather soap
7. Azwetshaver: Transluscent Lover (not in PIF)
8. Ryanshh: Pearlescent- Shiney soap that smells like clamshells and oil slicks (not playing for PIF)
9. Atlantic59: Phosphorescent Mint- "It glows and it tingles! "
10. Timeclo: Incalescent Dryad - Bright citrus notes mixed with pine, dirt, and sequoia.
11. Emwolf: Barbershop Reminiscent--It smells something like the famous barbershop scent you used to remember.
12. pbrmhl: Obsolescent #1--The first version is a direct copy of Brut Lotion by Faberge, Joe Namath era.
13. T.Orso: Indeescent - memories of sniffer’s row. (Not in for the PIF)
14. ShavingPanda: Concrescence or Concrescent - a wonderful aroma of concrete and earth.
15. Carm10: Cognoscente - Smell of old books, leather bindings, coffee, and tobacco.
16. JAHE: Scenthound Soap -track that smell!
17. Jim99: Ascent to Greatness - The scent of power, fame and money!
18. It's Hedley: Monty Python's Frutescent Shaving Soap the fragrance, bouquet, aroma of a "shrubbery".(not in PIF)
19. Pepin: Viridescent a coppery green liquid, scents of wet rocks, copper ore, moss, and the jungle after a rainstorm.
20. Bobmsp:Crescent City: the smoke and spiciness of jambalaya. (Not in PIF)
21 Raven Koenes: Rosey Cheek's Icy/Hot Menthol and Habanero Shaving Soap with matching Splash. Scent of Habanero, Menthol, and Burnt Leather. (not in pif).
22. Chesty: Nascent No Scent, for the discreet newbie.
23. Neffarious: I got 99 sCents: for those who miss the Dollar General Old Spice.

Last edited:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
    • A map (Atlantic59)
    • A would be D's uncle (emwolf)

From GaryTha: Those who do not want to participate, please remove your name from the list. If there are not at least 15 participants, I'll think of a different PIF.

4. Sotiris_A: Italian descent, inspired by Acqua di Parma colonia (not playing for PIF)
8. Ryanshh: Pearlescent- Shiney soap that smells like clamshells and oil slicks (not playing for PIF)
9. Atlantic59: Phosphorescent Mint- "It glows and it tingles! "
10. Timeclo: Incalescent Dryad - Bright citrus notes mixed with pine, dirt, and sequoia.
11. Emwolf: Barbershop Reminiscent--It smells something like the famous barbershop scent you used to remember.
12. pbrmhl: Obsolescent #1--The first version is a direct copy of Brut Lotion by Faberge, Joe Namath era.
13. T.Orso: Indeescent - memories of sniffer’s row. (Not in for the PIF)
14. ShavingPanda: Concrescence or Concrescent - a wonderful aroma of concrete and earth.
15. Carm10: Cognoscente - Smell of old books, leather bindings, coffee, and tobacco.
16. JAHE: Scenthound Soap -track that smell!
17. Jim99: Ascent to Greatness - The scent of power, fame and money!
18. It's Hedley: Monty Python's Frutescent Shaving Soap the fragrance, bouquet, aroma of a "shrubbery".(not in PIF)
19. Pepin: Viridescent a coppery green liquid, scents of wet rocks, copper ore, moss, and the jungle after a rainstorm.
20. [Name Removed]
21 Raven Koenes: Rosey Cheek's Icy/Hot Menthol and Habanero Shaving Soap with matching Splash. Scent of Habanero, Menthol, and Burnt Leather. (not in pif).
22. Chesty: Nascent No Scent, for the discreet newbie.
23. Neffarious: I got 99 sCents: for those who miss the Dollar General Old Spice.

The first two letters signify a male, the first three letters signify a female, the first four letters signify a great, while the entire world signifies a great woman. What is the word?
  • > He/her/hero/heroine? Respectfully not in the PIF.

From GaryTha: Those who do not want to participate, please remove your name from the list. If there are not at least 15 participants, I'll think of a different PIF.

8. Atlantic59: Phosphorescent Mint- "It glows and it tingles! "
9. Timeclo: Incalescent Dryad - Bright citrus notes mixed with pine, dirt, and sequoia.
10. Emwolf: Barbershop Reminiscent--It smells something like the famous barbershop scent you used to remember.
11. pbrmhl: Obsolescent #1--The first version is a direct copy of Brut Lotion by Faberge, Joe Namath era.
12. T.Orso: Indeescent - memories of sniffer’s row. (Not in for the PIF)
13. ShavingPanda: Concrescence or Concrescent - a wonderful aroma of concrete and earth.
14. Carm10: Cognoscente - Smell of old books, leather bindings, coffee, and tobacco.
15. JAHE: Scenthound Soap -track that smell!
16. Jim99: Ascent to Greatness - The scent of power, fame and money!
17. It's Hedley: Monty Python's Frutescent Shaving Soap the fragrance, bouquet, aroma of a "shrubbery".(not in PIF)
18. Pepin: Viridescent a coppery green liquid, scents of wet rocks, copper ore, moss, and the jungle after a rainstorm.
19. [Name Removed]
20 Raven Koenes: Rosey Cheek's Icy/Hot Menthol and Habanero Shaving Soap with matching Splash. Scent of Habanero, Menthol, and Burnt Leather. (not in pif).
21. Chesty: Nascent No Scent, for the discreet newbie.
22. Neffarious: I got 99 sCents: for those who miss the Dollar General Old Spice.

• A map (Atlantic59)
    • The letter "r" (ryanshh)

updated. you guys are fast!

• A map (Atlantic59)

The letter "r"

• A map (Atlantic59)

A towel

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
    • A map (Atlantic59)
    • The letter "r" (ryanshh)
    • He/her/hero/heroine? (JAHE - not in).

SOTD (# 04/2020)
06-01-2020
20200106_215903-01.jpeg
Preshave: Proraso White preshave cream
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Calani "Oriental Plum"
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable 109
Blade: Wilkonson Sword /Germany (2)
Postshave: ice cold german tap water, Nivea Aftershave Balm...

... again, a very comfortable shave with my black beauty, with only a few minor touch ups (almost bbs) ### settings: wtg/xtg on setting 5, atg on setting 7 - ### though I really enjoy the scent of the soap and the overall porformance I guess it is time to move on... ###

JAHE - still in

Top Bottom