What's new

2020 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Those Daring Men with their Jaunty Razors & Jalopies

Ok, two years of restraint down, now on for the trifecta. Still 3017ing my puck of PdP No 63 - about 3/4 left - lets see if I can finish that this year and then work on the remaining stash.

Ok, two years of restraint down, now on for the trifecta. Still 3017ing my puck of PdP No 63 - about 3/4 left - lets see if I can finish that this year and then work on the remaining stash.
How long do you think it takes to 3017 a puck of PdP #63? It seems bottomless.

First shave of the year down.

Parker semi-slant
Astra SP
MdC
Omega 10098 Boar
The Veg

My new boar knot should be here next week and all my other goodies will be here next week too.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Ulivo
Blade: Timor (3)
Brush: APShaveco SynBad
Soap: PdP No.63
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambra
EDT: 1939 Fiat 1500B
089_50.jpg

Today was the first shave of the New Year. Everything went well about it. It was a one pass wtg shave, and the Timor paired with my Fatip Ulivo was very efficient. The scent of PdP No.63 is captivating. The more I use it the more I find it a tease. It's almost as good as SV, so much so that I want to use an SV soap just to get that little extra edge. PdP is a fine soap. It's a keeper though, especially when compared to lesser soaps I have.

I'm feeling confident about going into the 2020 Shave Sabbatical. I'm stocked beyond belief in all categories and varieties of shaving accoutrements. The only thing stopping me is my own desire. Last time I lasted about a week. We shall see. If I were a betting man, I'd bet against me. This is something I really want to do though. For myself and for my own good.

Last edited:
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a first step..."

200101.jpg

The first step was very pleasant - including: Shavemac Ebonite 25/50 Pure Badger, Southern Witchcrafts Valley of Ashes, Karve Gladius 3'' (D-Plate) with a Feather (7th use), Clubman Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum, Hiram Green Hyde - and I'm ready to enjoy every single mile.

Just realized I had planning to start head shaving at some point this year as I’m balding on top. Didn’t get my head order in, so might have to skip out and continue to bald up to for this upcoming year.

Just realized I had planning to start head shaving at some point this year as I’m balding on top. Didn’t get my head order in, so might have to skip out and continue to bald up to for this upcoming year.
What were you planning to use to shave your head?

First shave with 3 days worth, PAA Ascension turned 1/4, nacet#7, Stirling Mita,Omega pro, cool water balm for the lady. 3 pass, somewhere between a Karve b sb and a c sb with a feather.

What were you planning to use to shave your head?

Well had planned on using a brush and soaps I had, but had planned to purchase a head blade razor or an Omni shaver id read about. Either way, I bought a 16 pack of Fusion 5 razors blades off the bay for 20 bucks so I guess I can turn to them if need be.

This sabbatical would have a lot more appeal if I was indeed traveling around the world...with Natalie Wood...and I got to fight some Euro-trash guy in the Balkans with a dueling sabre...but here I am.

In Ohio. And no Natalie Wood in sight. And I don't even seperate my whites from my colors for laundry...

This sabbatical would have a lot more appeal if I was indeed traveling around the world...with Natalie Wood...and I got to fight some Euro-trash guy in the Balkans with a dueling sabre...but here I am.

In Ohio. And no Natalie Wood in sight. And I don't even seperate my whites from my colors for laundry...
This is awesome. Kids looking at me weird from laughing so loud. Thank you.

Project #1 for the year - evaluate my new Mamba to decide whether to keep it. So far I've used it a few times and it doesn't outperform my Tech.

Top Bottom