What's new

2020 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Those Daring Men with their Jaunty Razors & Jalopies

@pbrmhl if you get desperate let me know. I live in a near by much more rural neighborhood (porch pirates don't fare well out here). As you know I am a man of low scruples so you know my discretion can be bought for a cup of coffee or maybe even a nice beer on a hot day.

Ruckin.

Appreciate the extremely thoughtful, yet evil, gesture. Now I'm going to think about your offer too frequently. Especially as the bars start to open up...

Glad to be of "help" :a30:. I also off to help support your dwindling will power and would be willing to skip the delivery forwarding part and just go straight to the coffee or beer.

Ruckin (still in - I have more stuff than I know what to do with)

SOTD (# 105/2020)
09-06-2020
20200608_193407-01.jpeg

Preshave: warm water, Proraso Pre-shave White
Brush: Omega Synthetic 46138 Hi Brush 24/57
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Sandpiper
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable 109
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Nivea ASB.

JAHE - still in.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I am at the point of the sabbatical where I am starting to get very, very curious about other razors. Blackland Dart, iKon Standard B1, being objects of desire.

My amazon list is up to date, but when my wife asked me what I wanted for father's day, I ultimately told her to save the money. I am patiently waiting for the Stirling SS to release, and that set is my exception. I have waited this long, might as well wait a little longer...

I was asked by my wife what I wanted for father's day and I replied - nothing. I didn't think I said it in a way that had an asterisks or footnote but an Anova sous vide stick just showed up at the house. Maybe I am not performing up to par in the grilling department? Although being able to pull steaks from the freezer at noon, toss in a bag and let swim the the aquarium for a couple hours takes way less planning time than thawing in the fridge for a couple days.

As far as shaving stuff goes... I still really like @JAHE 's SOTD pictures. At the risk of offending him I will toss out the old photography joke - "Wow, you take such good pictures, you must have a great camera." :confused1
I have an over abundance of shave stuff to keep me supplied for at least a decade (probably two).

Ruckin - still in.

I was asked by my wife what I wanted for father's day and I replied - nothing. I didn't think I said it in a way that had an asterisks or footnote but an Anova sous vide stick just showed up at the house. Maybe I am not performing up to par in the grilling department? Although being able to pull steaks from the freezer at noon, toss in a bag and let swim the the aquarium for a couple hours takes way less planning time than thawing in the fridge for a couple days.

As far as shaving stuff goes... I still really like @JAHE 's SOTD pictures. At the risk of offending him I will toss out the old photography joke - "Wow, you take such good pictures, you must have a great camera." :confused1
I have an over abundance of shave stuff to keep me supplied for at least a decade (probably two).

Ruckin - still in.

Glad it wasn’t shaving related! While off topic for this thread, Sous Vide is a game changer. Perfect meat every time. Great for veggies. I triple batch everything I cook now and vacuum seal and freeze for week day dinners that are thawed on demand using sous vide. It saves so much time and effort.

I was just reading on the net that sous vide is the next thing in keeping lather warm - move over scuttle :a30:

FWIW, my test run was frozen steaks -> fish tank -> grill.... perfect and happy family. I fear that a vacuum sealer will be in my future - but this is the wrong thread to talk about it. Unless it is to talk with me on the "great race" as provisions.... ya thats the ticket.

Hi,

I ought to add that this was pretty normal for the long hauls cross country to the road courses. The manifold, of course, was the tow vehicle and not the race car. Usually, we'd go two to a crew cab with two cars in the trailer and then the drivers would switch and sleep in the back seat. Dinner came at a rest stop for a driver switch. We'd just plain go until we got there.

Stan

Thank you, Sir. I am not offended at all. All pics have been taken with my ancient mobile phone cam (and sometimes some minor software adjustments), so it's a compliment if someone likes them.

Here is another one...

SOTD (# 106/2020)
10-06-2020
20200610_201007-01.jpeg

Preshave: warm water, Proraso Pre-shave White
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Calani ~ Oriental Plum
Razor: Gillette NEW Long Comb
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (3)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Majestät AS, Nivea ASB.

JAHE - still in.

SOTD (# 107/2020)
12-06-2020
20200612_192311-01.jpeg

Preshave: warm water
Brush: Semogue 1460
Soap: Stirling Soap~ Lime
Razor: Ming Shi 2000 S (setting 3.5)
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum (3)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Extro Cosmesi Vetiver AS, Nivea ASB.

JAHE - still in.

SOTD (# 108/2020)
15-06-2020
20200614_112224-01-01.jpeg

Preshave: warm water, Proraso pre-shave cream White
Brush: WestCoastShaving Two Tone Tall Synthetic 26/56
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ SDM
Razor: Razorock SLOC
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Germany (1)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Proraso Azur Lime

JAHE - still in.

Back from a short vacation; breathing some fresh air, staring at the sea.
And in the evenings, this little guy reminded me of the importance of celebrating the simple joys in life:
amsel.jpg

Now back to everyday world.
I'm still on track and not overly tempted to buy something new.
Enjoying products I acquired in recent years:
200607.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Raven Koenes, Car 57, 1939 Fiat 1500 B. Team 10 (still in)

SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto
Blade: Shark Platinum (2)
Brush: APShaveco Silksmoke
Cream: CRS Wild Rose
Aftershave: Gillette Cool Wave
030_40.jpg

Today's shave was a three pass shave. The shave was bbs with a dfs on my neck. Shark Platinums are a very good blade. They rank right up there right with Silver Star in my opinion. The gnome looks like he's taking a whiz behind CRS Wild Rose. This was not my intention.

Top Bottom