What's new

2020 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Those Daring Men with their Jaunty Razors & Jalopies

Common problem ingredients include fragrance oils, essential oils and lanolin. You many want to try an unscented soap with a short ingredient list. For example, Soap Commander Integrity, WSP Au Natural, Haslinger Sensitive.
Yes, I think you may be quite right. Most of the products that I react to are quite strongly scented (the exception being Haslinger Sandalwood). I do have Proraso Sensitive Soap (white tub), and I have never had any trouble with it at all - as a matter of fact, it is my recovery soap when something else has caused me problems.

I will certainly look into unscented soaps. Thanks.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I'm not sure, but I know he's got a pass-around going on another forum. I'm signed up.
I'm signed up too but unfortunately I got a low position in the list. I am thinking of blind buying given the production constraints.

Only thing is, sometimes manufacturers make tweaks to their product after the first production run. I don't know how likely Rod is to do this, however. I also know that given the current pandemic, a second production run could be a long time in coming to fruition.

Dollars to donuts I'll blind buy but we shall see...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I'm signed up too but unfortunately I got a low position in the list. I am thinking of blind buying given the production constraints.

Only thing is, sometimes manufacturers make tweaks to their product after the first production run. I don't know how likely Rod is to do this, however. I also know that given the current pandemic, a second production run could be a long time in coming to fruition.

Dollars to donuts I'll blind buy but we shall see...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Part of the point of this restraint is to be patient, right? Let’s both hang in there, eh? Good luck to you!

Still in.
Been trying a new way to face lather. Not sure if it's been brought up before. Instead of adding more water, I add more soap.

I start with a fairly wet brush and load less soap than I know I'll need. As I build the lather on my face, I can feel that it's too wet. So I'll go back to the puck for another two or three swirls. I'll face lather again and go back to the puck as needed. I can feel the soap go from oversaturated with water to very slick and creamy.

I may be out. I am being sent a puck of MWF for testing from another thread. No one can get it to lather and the puck I have lathers just fine. I am going to see if I can get it to lather to determine if it is a bad puck or not. I paid $5 to cover shipping. If that puts me out by the rules, then I'm ok with that.

I think under;
{5. Gifts. You cannot ask for, solicit, hint at, etc., gifts in any way. } you requested the item because you said;

Those 9 words were fatal. I don't know if the race marshal has a view on it.
Is it really a gift though, if he is testing it and sending it back? I saw that pass-around boxes don't put one out, for example. I don't know the answer, but the question occurred to me.

I think under;
{5. Gifts. You cannot ask for, solicit, hint at, etc., gifts in any way. } you requested the item because you said;

Those 9 words were fatal. I don't know if the race marshal has a view on it.

Yeah. When I said that I didn’t notice the part about paying shipping. It’s ok though because I do love a challenge and I will make it work. Lol.

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;4yr/10yr Sabbatical

Race update; #Brian C. was motoring along nicely when fellow team member #Timeclo, previously retired, gave some wrong advise over the team radio on engine additives. #BrianC used it but was forced to retire with crank shaft failure because the additive did not work and caused a fatty build up and thinning of the engine oil. Rumour has it the additive only cost $5.
:sob:
Keep those engines running. Latest position;
SPS2020-21may.JPG
SPS2020-21may-b.JPG

So extra lanolin is not an allowed additive? This is baahd news as I have a bunch of sheep hooves to trim and will be covered in the stuff by the end of the day.

Ruckin - except for wearing too much lanolin I am otherwise still in.

I may be out. I am being sent a puck of MWF for testing from another thread. No one can get it to lather and the puck I have lathers just fine. I am going to see if I can get it to lather to determine if it is a bad puck or not. I paid $5 to cover shipping. If that puts me out by the rules, then I'm ok with that.
That wouldnt put you out in my opinion, no different than paying shipping for a passaround.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

I think Brian is still in based on some ambiguity in the rules:
7. Trades will be limited to two trades a month with non Sabbatical entrants (not counting B&B pass-around boxes), unlimited with those still in the Sabbatical, as shipping does add up. Shipping costs for trades are exempt.

The MWF is not, technically, a gift. Brian agreed to trade his effort and opinion for this soap that nobody else wanted. Shipping on trades is exempt.

I think Brian is still in based on some ambiguity in the rules:

The MWF is not, technically, a gift. Brian agreed to trade his effort and opinion for this soap that nobody else wanted. Shipping on trades is exempt.

If this rule covers it, then Tim is a sabbatical member as well.

SOTD (# 94/2020)
21-05-2020
20200521_195425-01.jpeg

Preshave: warm water
Brush: Semogue 1800
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Mountain Man
Razor: Parker 87R
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (2)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Nivea After Shave Balm

JAHE - still in

(Soap samples: minus 16;
After shave balm: minus 2)

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Question for you guys:

I want to get some samples of B&M scents, to figure out which B&M scent I want to get in January.

If I got the sampler pack from Maggard's, but used it as a cologne, would that put me out?

I can't use aftershaves that are alcoholic anyway, they irritate my skin.

Thanks,

SOTD (# 95/2020)
22-05-2020
20200522_194419-01.jpeg

Preshave: warm water
Brush: Semogue 1460
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Hipster
Razor: Gillette Flare Tip
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (6)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Majestät AS, Nivea After Shave Balm

JAHE - I am still on track

(Soap samples: minus 16;