What's new

2020 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Those Daring Men with their Jaunty Razors & Jalopies

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Raven Koenes, Car 57, 1939 Fiat 1500 B reporting in for April. I'm still in! I have not been tempted. Nor do I feel tempted to be tempted. :w00t: Sorry I've been a bit out of touch.

SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Brush: APShaveco SynBad
Cream: Proraso Blue
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
047_35.jpg

#4 checking in. I had a couple of temptations, but then I looked at my den and came to my senses. I’m cruising along just fine.

Checking in, still in.

Been experimenting with some of my other soaps recently, and I've confirmed that DRH Arlington will become hand soap in the near future. It's funny, Arlington was my first nice soap and I thought it was fantastic, but it just doesn't measure up anymore...

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Chandu checking in. Kicking back in my Rolls-Royce Twenty and enjoying the spring. Content with what I have. Dialed in my Schone on the FFMM until I quit to test something for a vendor which drove home that I don't need anything else and how fine of a razor the Schone is.

SOTD (# 65/2020)
07-04-2020

20200408_083351-01.jpeg

Preshave: Proraso White pre-shave cream
Brush: Semogue 830 (Boar)
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Gin & Tonic
Razor: Parker 87R
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Majestät AS.

JAHE - still in

(Soap samples: minus 7;
After shave balm: minus 1)

I am still in - I have been tempted, and have found myself on the computer a few times checking out the new offerings on my favorite on-line retailers but I stopped myself before buying. I also saw one of the items I really want on the BST just today (Asylum razor), but I managed to exercise self control. I live in New York, so since the sabbatical began I have been staying away from my favorite 34th Street pharmacy which, every time I visit, I walk out a couple of hundred dollars poorer. The stay-at-home situation has made that a bit easier.

Checking in, still in.

Been experimenting with some of my other soaps recently, and I've confirmed that DRH Arlington will become hand soap in the near future. It's funny, Arlington was my first nice soap and I thought it was fantastic, but it just doesn't measure up anymore...

Tabac wins the spoils of war, eh Ben?!

Tabac wins the spoils of war, eh Ben?!

It most certainly does!

I'm thinking I may celebrate the end of this sabbatical with an order of some Fine Accouterments soaps, as I enjoy the formulation of Tabac so much (and they are supposed to be near identical with a variety of scents)!

Latest update on the race; 1 driver has not completed the 1st quarter check. The race marshal's car is on the road trying to track the driver's position; assumed a wrong route was taken for the moment till we receive confirmation from the marshal. The race is in a good position, in percentage terms, compared to this time last year.
SPS2020-9apr.JPG
SPS2020-9apr-b.JPG

SOTD (# 66/2020)
09-04-2020

20200410_135025-01.jpeg

Preshave: Proraso White pre-shave cream
Brush: Thäter 4125/2 2-Band Silvertip Badger Imperial Red 26 Fan Rounded
Soap: Dr. John's ~ Hydra (Sample)
Razor: Parker 87R
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap Orange Chill Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive after shave balm

JAHE - still in

(Soap samples: minus 7;
After shave balm: minus 1)

I have to fess up. Before the Sabbatical started IB had a great sale running, and two coworkers and I went in and bought enough to share in free shipping. It was slightly before Xmas so most of what I bought went into my Xmas stocking or my son’s. However, I sat on a puck of RR Blue shave soap for a ‘rainy day’ pick me up.

Today was that day. I took a long, relaxing, and very hot shower. I pulled out my handmade lathering bowl made for me by my lovely departed sister in law. I whipped up a bowl of creamy lather, and frankly enjoyed a nice leisurely shave filled with contemplation and zen.

So, it wasn’t something I’ve purchased since the Sabbatical started, but something I instinctively knew I might need at some point during the journey. A welcome respite from at the time unknown burdens. I have another unused puck of the Green that is for another rainy day.

I wish you all a pleasant day, and best wishes for the rest of our Sabbatical. #shavezen

Attachments

• 0FF6C09A-D682-4EFD-903A-C5F846CAD46C.jpeg
    0FF6C09A-D682-4EFD-903A-C5F846CAD46C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 10
Top Bottom