What's new

2020 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Those Daring Men with their Jaunty Razors & Jalopies

I had my first temptation. All 4 What the Puck scents at Italian Barber sold in a set for $13. I love hard soaps and those are on my to try list. But then I remembered I still have Cade, Tabac, and PdP which will all last me a while. Plus the 5 soft soaps I’m working through...
I got all four WTP pucks during the IB Moving Sale last November. Only $8.88 for four soaps, how could I refuse? They are decent, but not as good as PdP or the others you mentioned. They will take forever to finish off, though.

I've PIF'd away all but the Green, Black and Lime What The Puck soaps. Good, but not great. The price is the biggest point for me. You get a good soap for less than most bad soaps.

Still in! SOTD - 17 FEB 2020

SOTD 02172020.jpg

Brush - WWBW Butterscotch brush
Lather - Viking Iceland soap
Razor - Gillette Superspeed flaretip
Blade - Astra SP (20)
Post-shave - Stirling WH tea tree

Excellent shave. No need for new products. Just enjoying what I have!

SOTD (# 36/2020)
18-02-2020

20200216_095817-01.jpeg

Preshave: Proraso White pre-shave cream
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Fan 24/50
Soap: Gentleman's Nod ~ Jackie (Sample)
Razor: Razorock SLOC
Blade: Wilkinson Sword / Germany (15)
Postshave: fridig tap water, S. Oliver Superior AS, Nivea After Shave Balm.

JAHE - still in

SOTD
Face only

A&E Shave Serum
Charcoal Goods Copper Lvl 2 magnum handle
Nacet x5
WCS Honeycomb Tuxedo
Captain's Choice bowl
A&E Post Shave Serum
TOBS Sandalwood Cologne

BBS, no nicks, cuts or irritation. Gonna go for #6 on the Nacet. Love these blades.
20200218_091540.jpg

I was really running behind this morning, but I was being evaluated at work today, so I really had to shave.

I pulled my R41 for a change into the shower with me and used my brushless cream.

It was a crappy experience.

Finished an old grated up strick of Palmolive last week, and started on an older donut'ed container of RR XXX I had stuck back in the back of my collection. I think I can finish the XXX off in roughly another week. I've moved 2 older seldom used shave soaps into the shower for bathing use where they replaced 2 other shave soaps I had used up in there for the same purpose since the start of the Sabbatical.

I'd love to end the year having 3017'ed ten or more soap/cream shave products. I have my eyes on the following:

Proraso Shave Cream tub ( white ) 1/3 full
RR XXX 1/8 full
Ogallala Sage and Cedar Bay Rum shave stick 1/8 full
Erasmic Shave stick ( grated ) 1/3 full ( may end up in shower )
Prairie Creations Shave Soap ( currently in shower as bath soap )
Stirling Gentleman soap sample ( may end up in the shower )
AOS Lemon Shave Soap ( may end up in the shower )

The car is performing well even if the driver still likes to look at the Stirling and Italian Barber websites too often in the evenings after completing a stage.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " - Winston Churchill

I also consolidated some soaps. My ring of Haslinger Schafmilch and Honig is getting too thin to easily load from, so I popped my thin disk of Haslinger sandlewood in the middle.

When all that is done I'll celebrate by starting in on my SV Stella Alpina. Maybe in another month or two.

SOTD (# 37/2020)
19-02-2020

20200216_100625-01.jpeg

Brush: WestCoastShaving Two Tone Tall Synthetic 26/56
Soap: Wickham Soap 1912 ~ Scotish Heather (Sample)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword / Germany (16)
Postshave: fridig tap water, Proraso Azur Lime AS, Nivea After Shave Balm.

JAHE - still in

SOTD (# 38/2020)
20-02-2020

20200216_100400-01.jpeg

Brush: Omega Synthetic 46138 Hi Brush 24/57
Soap: Murphy and McNeil~ Claddagh (Sample)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword / Germany (17)
Postshave: fridig tap water, Proraso Azur Lime AS, Alnatura After Shave Balm.

JAHE - # 6 still in

Hi,

To go with the motoring theme, I have a related one going over in the decade-long and leap year restraint thread. Yup. Some of us are going for a four-year run and others for a ten-year run. Anyway, we need something to chat about over there to help stop us from looking and....we all know what looking will do!

Anyway, I have a list of all the Burma-Shave signs from 1927 thru 1963 and I am posting one sign set a day, or every other day, as I remember to actually do it. :p

That would fit in with us here, motoring and shaving and all, but there are way more sign sets than there are days in a year. So, over there I will post them all. So, if anyone wants to follow along, here is a link:

Scroll down Page 8 to where I describe what this is all about, then follow along. :)

Stan - Still In

Last edited:
Send some positive vibes. My daughter is playing Rosie from 'Mama Mia' tonight in her high school theater group. I'm about to park the Hornet for a few hours and enjoy :)

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " - Winston Churchill

Send some positive vibes. My daughter is playing Rosie from 'Mama Mia' tonight in her high school theater group. I'm about to park the Hornet for a few hours and enjoy :)

Good fun. Tell her to break a leg.

Top Bottom