What's new

2020 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Those Daring Men with their Jaunty Razors & Jalopies

Tried a wizamet again in my Paa Ascension. Head shave and then face shave , with tabac. Fabulous shave. Was planning on giving each razor a month but this is dialed in with at least two brands of blades. Thinking of going to my next razor and then the last couple months rotate back through all my razors for a shave a piece.

I've got 490 Wizamets left in my collection (which is partly why I think I can last until 2021). I always use a blade for five shaves, even though I could likely go to seven or ten, as blades are the cheapest category of shaving gear I've bought. Even with the couple of thousand of blades I own, I've spent much more on each of the following categories: razors, soaps and creams, scuttles, brushes and, especially, aftershaves. Ergo, this sabbatical.

Well I have used to one tank of fuel for the race and I may have another one soon as well.

proxy.php

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

I kinda sorta finished my first item. When the donut gets too big in a soap, I combine it on top of another soap. So I tossed a container of Stirling Blu, but there’s still a few days worth of it on top of the next soap. Still strong—zero desire for anything new.

I kinda sorta finished my first item. When the donut gets too big in a soap, I combine it on top of another soap. So I tossed a container of Stirling Blu, but there’s still a few days worth of it on top of the next soap. Still strong—zero desire for anything new.
Donut is a good description.

As of this morning I have a donut of my own. A double donut in fact, as I had already loaded a Haslinger Schafmilch donut onto a partial puck of Haslinger Honig a while back. This morning I broke through the bottom of the Honig.

In case you are wondering, the milk and honey double donut is sweet indeed.

Stirling Blu is a very nice scented soap.
It is one of the regular players in my soap rotation (fragrance-wise it goes absolutely well with Polo Blue, which I really enjoy, too).

I hope Stirling will retire it from being discontinued in the future... shall we say in spring 2024...? :thumbup:

Stirling Blu is a very nice scented soap.
It is one of the regular players in my soap rotation (fragrance-wise it goes absolutely well with Polo Blue, which I really enjoy, too).

I hope Stirling will retire it from being discontinued in the future... shall we say in spring 2024...? :thumbup:
Your comment made me wonder if it was discontinued. I was shocked to see it not available for sale--but in the scent descriptions it says it's seasonal Spring/Summer. So I guess you can plan to buy some spring of 2024. I've got two additional tubs of Stirling (lemon chill and coconut lime).

I picked up a couple of Stirling "samples" during my restock period; Deton8 (Spice Bomb) and Grapefruit.
At 3 oz, they're more like full size soaps. Haven't tried them yet as I'm working through a puck of Gatlinburg which might last a while.
And yes, everything you use up during a purchase sabbatical will reinforce why we signed up.
Today I got through a jar of preshave; one less "stuff" hanging around.
I like to keep a running tally, so:

Preshave: 1

Still in.
empty.jpg

Still here, was tempted by some items on the BST, but fortunately they wanted practically new prices which made it easy to resist. I do need to make an effort to use up less desirable soaps. I find myself reaching for the same 6 or 7 soaps. No work today just golf and errands so maybe I'll skip shaving till tomorrow.

CIRCLE OF COMMITTMENT PIF
Prize: Battery charger and batteries (Substitutions allowed)

Rules: Work together to find a solution. The clue for all words is "razor blade."
A name will be drawn on Feb 1 from the CIRCLE OF COMMITMENT. Those not in the circle may help, but won't be eligible for the prize.

1579526090342.png

The clue for all words is the same phrase?! You have got to be joking. How in the world is that even possible to guess 29 words with the same clue to fit that pattern? The number of combinations must be enormous.
:confused1

Think on it a bit. Or ask for help from others in the Circle. Look for a simple solution.

Still in.

I've been tempted by a few things, but have resisted.

Yesterday I learned that Alstair (Westholme) started making strops again. Had I known, I would have selected that as my exception. Maybe I will attempt trading for one.

Top Bottom