What's new

2020 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Those Daring Men with their Jaunty Razors & Jalopies

SOTD (202/2020)
11-11-2020

>> Shave Roulette <<
20201110_231152-01.jpeg

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Thäter 4125/2 2-Band Silvertip Badger Imperial Red 26 Fan Rounded
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Mountain Man
Razor: Mühle R89
Blade: Feather (2)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Nivea Sensitive Cool psb.

JAHE - still in

I haven't been on here for a bit. I just came on to say I finished off my last sample this week, and will finish an AoS Sandalwood cream in the next few days. I'd be surprised if I finish off anything else before year-end. Still out but I still haven't bought anything since I went out in May.

Good luck to everyone left--the finish line is sight.

SOTD (203/2020)
12-11-2020

>> Shave Roulette <<
20201112_175516-01.jpeg

Brush: WestCoastShaving Two Tone Tall Synthetic 26/56
Soap: Proraso ~ Azur Limes SC
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (1)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Proraso Azur Limes AS

JAHE - still in

I haven’t any clue why, but I have the craziest desire to fail on December 31!
That could be for many reasons. Perhaps you used to get pleasure from buying sprees, and after the sabbatical is successfully completed, you will know that was an old behavior pattern that no longer satisfies as it once did? You will have to find other things that will be more satisfying, or more adaptive, in the future. Just guessing here.

SOTD (204/2020)
13-11-2020

>> Shave Roulette <<
20201113_162301-01.jpeg

Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura
Soap: Gentleman's Nod ~ Jackie
Razor: Merkur 15c
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Razorock SMdF AS, Nivea Sensitive psb.

JAHE - still in

Hi,

Time to begin the list of things to buy come Jan 2nd. I got one: some sort of clone of the Fasan Double Slant. That popped up in Slantember and again in OCtober. I am curious to see how close a copy it is.

Make that two: And, a box of Med Prep blades. I ought to have enough for the next year, but my wife has returned to the DE fold with her Lady Gillette and so will use some blades. I'd hate to run out in the middle of next year....

Stan

SOTD (205/2020)
14-11-2020

>> Shave Roulette <<
20201114_155821-01.jpeg

Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Soap: Proraso ~ Azur Limes SC
Razor: Gillette Superspeed Red Tip
Blade: Gillette Platinum (4)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Proaso Azur Limes AS, Nivea Sensitive psb.

JAHE - still in

SOTD (206/2020)
15-11-2020

>> Shave Roulette <<
20201115_102518-01.jpeg

Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2-band badger
Soap: Haslinger ~ Schafsmilch
Razor: Ming Shi 2000S
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (2)
Postshave: frigid tap water,Majestät AS.

JAHE - still in

Esetter - car 61 going strong and still making progress with my stash. A big dent in the puck of soap I started last; about the only good thing about a middle of the road glycerin soap is that when you break through at the bottom you can just melt it down again. I've also finished off three partial bottles of splash; and I, too and starting to think about what I need to replenish during the restock period. This will be my third sabbatical; I don't have a huge stash but it's very apparent stuff lasts longer than we all think it will.

My tally:
Preshave - 2 (Noxema, Proraso)
Aftershave - 12 (Gatlinburg, Kramperts, Irish Countryside, 500ml witch hazel, AV musk, Blue Barbershop, Island Bay Rum, Stetson, Midnight and Two, Proraso Red, RR Black Bay, Old Spice)
Soap - 4 (Gatlinburg, WTP Blue, Santa Paula, T&S)
Frag - 3 (Z-scent Irish countryside, Aramis, Jovan Musk)

SOTD (207/2020)
17-11-2020

>> Shave Roulette <<
20201117_003244-01.jpeg

Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Haverford
Razor: 40's style Gillette Superspeed
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (3)
Postshave: frigid tap water.

I'm impressed. According to my notes this has been shave no.10 with this razor in 2020. It has been clearly the best one in terms of closeness and smoothness. I already considered to sell this razor since the former shaves resulted in subpar outcome. But maybe I just chose the wrong blade... this needs further review.

Anyway, one conclusion already is I am getting constantly great results with the BIC (even better ones than with Feather...). So I'm considering to buy some BICs in January (along with the sale of a bulk of Feather).

JAHE - still in

SOTD (207/2020)
17-11-2020

>> Shave Roulette <<
View attachment 1183280

I'm impressed. According to my notes this has been shave no.10 with this razor in 2020. It has been clearly the best one in terms of closeness and smoothness. I already considered to sell this razor since the former shaves resulted in subpar outcome. But maybe I just chose the wrong blade... this needs further review.

Anyway, one conclusion already is I am getting constantly great results with the BIC (even better ones than with Feather...). So I'm considering to buy some BICs in January (along with the sale of a bulk of Feather).

JAHE - still in

I've got a tuck of Bics (not sure which ones) I've been meaning to try - I'll definitely put one into a '40s SS when I'm done my current tuck of Nacets.

SOTD (207/2020)
17-11-2020

>> Shave Roulette <<
View attachment 1183280

JAHE - still in

Same setup today, another great shave with the BIC.

SOTD (208/2020)
18-11-2020

>> Shave Roulette <<

Razor: 40's style Gillette SS
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (4)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Nivea Sensitive psb

JAHE - still in

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Raven Koenes, Car 57, 1939 Fiat 1500 B. Team 10 (still in)

SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Testina Gentile
Blade: Feather (3)
Brush: APShaveco uBrush Cashmere
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambre (Splash)
054_40.jpg

Top Bottom