What's new

2020 Rocnel Sailor adjustable razor production model

Totally newb question,

Is the button above the adjustment dial a release button for the top cap?
The button is for disassembly and an indicator for dial position. If you look closely, the headcis really 3 pieces. The middle plate is captured to the base/handle...but it free floats on 2 or 3 captured springs. As ypu open the gap, the springs keep the middle plate pressed to the cap. The dial turns maybe 2.5 complete rotations before the cap is released. Ive used it at 1.5 complete rotations with no problem. I think George used his at 2 complete turns with no issues.

To load a blade, I lay the top cap on a towel, place blade, then stand the razor on top. You have to press the handle down to compress the springs to get the threads to engage. Pretty straight forward.

Its essentially only a 2 pieces razor but there are a bunch of parts. This razor I clean thoroughly with a toothbrush and soap or scrubbing bubbles after every use. I keep a can of computer diluster handy to blow it dry, the prop it up on its head sans cap, as pictured. This allows any water down in the barrel to drain. A little tip I picked up during my Gillette adjustable run.

Hope this helps.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The button is for disassembly and an indicator for dial position. If you look closely, the headcis really 3 pieces. The middle plate is captured to the base/handle...but it free floats on 2 or 3 captured springs. As ypu open the gap, the springs keep the middle plate pressed to the cap. The dial turns maybe 2.5 complete rotations before the cap is released. Ive used it at 1.5 complete rotations with no problem. I think George used his at 2 complete turns with no issues.

To load a blade, I lay the top cap on a towel, place blade, then stand the razor on top. You have to press the handle down to compress the springs to get the threads to engage. Pretty straight forward.

Its essentially only a 2 pieces razor but there are a bunch of parts. This razor I clean thoroughly with a toothbrush and soap or scrubbing bubbles after every use. I keep a can of computer diluster handy to blow it dry, the prop it up on its head sans cap, as pictured. This allows any water down in the barrel to drain. A little tip I picked up during my Gillette adjustable run.

Hope this helps.
proxy.php

Thank you so much for your detailed response! I will be sure to refer back to this post once the razor gets here to me. 👍👍

I have checked with Murat and Loot also asked him.separstelt as well and from Murat's answers my understanding is that the dot is there for testing purposes and the thickness of the razor differs slightly from unit to unit. There are two basic types- one is where the starting position without a blade loaded is one setting before the dot, and another is where the starting position without a blade loaded is at the dot. For the former type, when a blade is loaded the starting position is the dot. For the second type the startig position with a blade loaded is setting I.

After using only the 2020 sailor s razor exclusively for a few days I am now much more used to the razor and how to use it and am enjoying great shaves. Yesterday I had one of the closest shaves I have ever had, and i am now at the fourth stage for WTG, the third stage with ATG and the second stage for XTG. (I use stage rather than setting because the setting reading differs depending which type one's Sailor razor is, please see the preceding post).

When shaving with the razor, the blade is always felt once one departs from the first two stages. However it is never unpleasant and you have a strong degree of control with how solid the razor feels in the hand. I will try the fifth stage next to see how that shave will go the next time I use it!

I have had Nacet, Feather and Voskhod with this razor and of all of them, I found the Voskhod blade seems to pair the best with the razor for my purposes and preferences.

To sum up, this razor is certainly one of my favourites among all the razors I have.

Last edited:
After using only the 2020 sailor s razor exclusively for a few days I am now much more used to the razor and how to use it and am enjoying great shaves. Yesterday I had one of the closest shaves I have ever had, and i am now at the fourth stage for WTG, the third stage with ATG and the second stage for XTG. (I use stage rather than setting because the setting reading differs depending which type one's Sailor razor is, please see the preceding post).

When shaving with the razor, the blade is always felt once one departs from the first two stages. However it is never unpleasant and you have a strong degree of control with how solid the razor feels in the hand. I will try the fifth stage next to see how that shave will go the next time I use it!

I have had Nacet, Feather and Voskhod with this razor and of all of them, I found the Voskhod blade seems to pair the best with the razor for my purposes and preferences.

To sum up, this razor is certainly one of my favourites among all the razors I have.
Good post. As you go up, so will blade feel but it'll still retain the vast majority of the smoothness...I predict. If I may, as you go up in gap, monitor how long the BBS lasts and include with your reports?

Murat shipped my Model S and other goodies today! Can't wait to get it in hand.

Good post. As you go up, so will blade feel but it'll still retain the vast majority of the smoothness...I predict. If I may, as you go up in gap, monitor how long the BBS lasts and include with your reports?

Murat shipped my Model S and other goodies today! Can't wait to get it in hand.

Good point and not always noted by reviewers how long before the stubble reappears...

I look forward to your findings as to how your production model sailor s compares with your limited edition prototype one or if there is any differences that are felt...also I am curious as to whether your sailor 2029 will be like mine or like your prototype on terms of the starting position vis a vis the dot.

I switched from the seygus to the rocnel yesterday and this time I went to the fifth stage for WTG, fourth stage for ATG and 3rd stage for XTG. Smooth and one of the best shaves I have had, pleasant blade feel. What a razor - it is a completely different shaving experience from the seygus zeppelin titanium. The latter was a autopilot super smooth and super comfortable with hardly any blade feel but you have to stay in the moment and be mindful during the shave for the rocnel. Both are great shaves in their own way.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

So apparently there was a mishap with my shipping. The cargo company that is responsible for my package had sent off the razor to another customer.

When I received my manifest last week, I checked the tracking on tnt.com and it indicated that the shipment would have arrived at my country in 2 to 3 days, as it was an express shipment.

The status of "Scheduled delivery pending"; "Collecting" was stuck there for a week.

So I finally emailed Murat nearly 12 hours ago. He responded to me shortly. He explained to me that they do not directly use courier services such as TNT or FedEx, but rather the packages are dealt with by a cargo company, then it gets transferred to a courier company. Kind of confusing. But at any rate, my package is now supposedly handled by FedEx.

I know at least a couple of you are also waiting to receive your packages, and I don't want you folks to go through the same thing. Please check and double check to see if you have received any tracking info ( I did not, I went by the manifest that had some sort of number from TNT?) and make sure it is going to the correct route.

I want to make clear that this was not Murat's fault, but a mix-up from the cargo company. Murat was helpful with the situation, and even gave me a screenshot between the conversation of him and the cargo company representative.

It is not fully resolved yet, not until I have received the package. I hope it will be okay.

Just got mine. Over the moon with it.

Attachments

• 20201102_104439.jpg
    20201102_104439.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • 20201102_104528.jpg
    20201102_104528.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
  • 20201102_105246.jpg
    20201102_105246.jpg
    862.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 20201102_105937.jpg
    20201102_105937.jpg
    752.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 20201102_110014.jpg
    20201102_110014.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
  • 20201102_110002.jpg
    20201102_110002.jpg
    987.4 KB · Views: 44
Just got mine. Over the moon with it.

That is great to hear! Please post a review on bow you found it s fit and finish and shaving performance - there are so few of these in the wild that every review posted will be a great help to those interested in it.

That is great to hear! Please post a review on bow you found it s fit and finish and shaving performance - there are so few of these in the wild that every review posted will be a great help to those interested in it.

Thanks. I have the 2018 and 2020 sailors now.

Hoping to do my first shave later today after my night shift.

Top Bottom