What's new

2020 Rocnel Sailor adjustable razor production model

Lol it sounds like every newer batch will see better and better furnishings and goodies that come with the razor.

There is something about wielding the razor- yes its wielding and not using. It eallyfeels like an intricate and substantial precision instrument in the hand...
I can't wait to experience this for myself, sounds like a real treat!!

The box is superb - the best packaging of any razor maker I have bought from so far by a long shot. That being said, given that frequently the packaging has been a simple cardboard box with foam cutout, the standard of the industry doesnt seem very high (notable exceptions include Tatara and Feather)!

The navy blue wooden box is lacquered I believe and has nice rounded edges with a magnet to secure the lid. The inside has what appears to be light blue PU furnishings. I will see if I can take my usual terrible photo with my trusty phone !

Post pics? The blue wooden box is supposed to be the better quality. You got the best one. What do you think of it?

You may be right. He told me a month ago it was coming but no date set for production. I may have confused the Ti with the all SS model (like the prototype) that is supposed to drop too. If it ships anytime in 2021, I'll be first in line.

I am hoping the titanium version will be significantly different and hopefully improved if it is coming out in 2021. Murat seems to be incrementally improving the razor wth every edition he is coming out with and so if he can make the titanium version smoother still but just as efficient that will be great. As well I am hoping for a totally different aesthetic makeover to justify another purchase LOL

Ha! I've been saying for months the Sailor is essentially an almost infinitely adjustable WR2! Glad to see the same statements being thrown about.

As much as I like large gapped super efficient razors, setting 4 on the Sailor and below is my preferred operational range. However, I've run it up to like 1.5 full rotations with no issues. Best mind your manners up there tho.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The triple faceted top cap (along with the design of the safety bar) must be a big part of this ability to civilise the large gaps and significant positive blade exposure. The inclined face that will slide along the facial surface is at a steeper angle than the angle of the usual dome of most other razor top caps. It creates a beautiful aesthetic effect as well.

I had the best shave so far today with the 2020 sailor S and I think I am getting the hang of it. It has a lot of blade feel but allied with a smooth slide due to the cap and safety bar, it still feels comfortable. It is very efficient though though it is not more so than the diamondback yet as I have yet to go beyond the 2nd setting - I suspect it will get more efficient on the 3rd setting, which is what I will try next.

I had the best shave so far today with the 2020 sailor S and I think I am getting the hang of it. It has a lot of blade feel but allied with a smooth slide due to the cap and safety bar, it still feels comfortable. It is very efficient though though it is not more so than the diamondback yet as I have yet to go beyond the 2nd setting - I suspect it will get more efficient on the 3rd setting, which is what I will try next.
Which blade are you using for your shaves? I heard Feather is recommended.

I tried your tip but nothing seems to have changed...

Yes,It worked, if the point is V without blade. Sometimes it didn’t, if the point is II~III. I still totally understand why. But It need to do some times, until the point will be V.
proxy.php

proxy.php

You guys need to stop babying those Sailors and open them up! Load a Feather in them and run them in the top half of the dial. The blade feel will increase but it still remains remarkably smooth. I think my first shave with it was opened all the way back to the dot. Ive used several blades but Feather's work pretty well, i just hate the glue dots.

You guys need to stop babying those Sailors and open them up! Load a Feather in them and run them in the top half of the dial. The blade feel will increase but it still remains remarkably smooth. I think my first shave with it was opened all the way back to the dot. Ive used several blades but Feather's work pretty well, i just hate the glue dots.

LOL one step at a time! My skin will thank me for that prudence I expect...did you find the efficiency significantly improving as you opened be gap wider? The biggest problem for me is usually the tiny hairs in the area under the nose that are the most easy to react to any buffing - if the razor can remove them wholesale on the first pass that would be great.

Is this razor currently available? I don’t see it on the Rocnel site.
They are being sold by a site that i'm pretty sure you can't read. I can't. The best way to get on is to contact Murat directly via Instagram. Buy one directly from him. You will need a Western Union acct.

They are being sold by a site that i'm pretty sure you can't read. I can't. The best way to get on is to contact Murat directly via Instagram. Buy one directly from him. You will need a Western Union acct.

Thank you!

LOL one step at a time! My skin will thank me for that prudence I expect...did you find the efficiency significantly improving as you opened be gap wider? The biggest problem for me is usually the tiny hairs in the area under the nose that are the most easy to react to any buffing - if the razor can remove them wholesale on the first pass that would be great.
Oh man does it ever! Put it this way, I have 6 WR2s in gaps from 1.15mm to 1.65mm. The Sailor will do all they can do in the first 4 settings or so. The Sailor cuts closer than any DE ive ever used and it's as smooth as any.

With that said, 4 and below is my wheelhouse. 4 for the first pass, 3 for ATG, 2ish for final half pass. Ive thoroughly enjoyed this razor.

I just hope Murat leaves the geometry alone for the Ti version. Maybe a little different knurling would be nice but don't try to fix what ain't broken.

The Zaratsu finish is nice but I much prefer polished so I ordered the Model S with a polished cap and even got an additional polished cap for my prototype. Cant wait for those to arrive.

Top Bottom