What's new

2020 Rocnel Sailor adjustable razor production model

I have prototype 4, fully closed with blade
IMG_7026.jpg

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

If installing blade, the point doesn’t align the dot. We can manually adjust.
Firstly, remove the head.
Then press down the adjustment board with your fingers, at the same time let the point align the dot. And then loosen.
After the above adjustment, you screw the head. Without blade, the point is V.
When you load a blade, the point align the dot.

Thanks it sure does the job looks wise.

This is my first adjustable razor so I'm still figuring it out. I shaved with the top cap reversed the first time so I only started shaving properly with it the second day. The blade looks like it has substantial positive exposure and it is capable of vast gaps so I have been treating it with much respect.

Despite that it is smooth feeling at the lowest two settings. It is not mild feeling like feather asd2 though -there is significant blade feel at all times but it us not uncomfortable at all. You do know that you cannot take liberties or it will cut you!

In that sense it is a departure from almost all my razors that are mild feeling and is like the paragon diamondback in that sense only more so. I have been wondering though weather a more efficient razor will ultimately give less razor burn compared to a mild razor if buffing is avoided. The sailor will give as much efficiency as I imagin anyone will reasonably require! I am keeping ithe progression to higher settings more deliberate and step by step because I have particularly sensitive skin that is easily cut by shaving and I am a daily shaver on top of that.
Wow, thank you very much for your detailed assessment my friend.

I could not resist any longer, I am in process of purchase and am in contact with Murat.

When you compare with your Paradigm Diamondback, it is just as smooth?

If installing blade, the point doesn’t align the dot. We can manually adjust.
Firstly, remove the head.
Then press down the adjustment board with your fingers, at the same time let the point align the dot. And then loosen.
After the above adjustment, you screw the head. Without blade, the point is V.
When you load a blade, the point align the dot.

Hi xiangbei710 thanks for your advice. Could you clarify what is the "adjustment board"? Is that referring to the centre plate between the top cap and the baseplate- do you mean that I need to press down on the centre plate and then turn the handle?

What has been your experience with the rocnel 2020?

much more aggressive than diamondback

I agree in the sense that aggressiveness means that there is more blade feel and mildness means comparatvive lack of blade feel. The diamondback has relatively more blade feel than feather asd2 and masamune to me.

Wow, thank you very much for your detailed assessment my friend.

I could not resist any longer, I am in process of purchase and am in contact with Murat.

When you compare with your Paradigm Diamondback, it is just as smooth?

Excellent and welcome to the 2020 rocnel sailor club!

The sailor razor is smooth indeed though I am not sure if it is as smooth as the diamondback- I have to do a comparison shave. It is comfortable to shave with as long as you dont get careless with it.

It does have more blade feel than the diamondback at all times though but it is never unpleasant.

Hi xiangbei710 thanks for your advice. Could you clarify what is the "adjustment board"? Is that referring to the centre plate between the top cap and the baseplate- do you mean that I need to press down on the centre plate and then turn the handle?

Yes. It is the center plate. Press down and turn the handle.
I have used the Sailor 2020.
It is the best modern adjustable razor.

It is an amazing razor! Three passes, WTG-3 place, XTG-2place, ATG-1 place, the skin is quickly BBS. The experience with sailor is the same as my wolfman WR2. It’s very efficient and smooth! No harshness, no red nick!
I really like it! The different number of place is significant. On the 3 place, the feeling of blade is definite, so efficient but smooth. On the 1 place, I can hardly feel the blade, but the efficiency is good for ATG.

It is an amazing razor! Three passes, WTG-3 place, XTG-2place, ATG-1 place, the skin is quickly BBS. The experience with sailor is the same as my wolfman WR2. It’s very efficient and smooth! No harshness, no red nick!
I really like it! The different number of place is significant. On the 3 place, the feeling of blade is definite, so efficient but smooth. On the 1 place, I can hardly feel the blade, but the efficiency is good for ATG.
Ha! I've been saying for months the Sailor is essentially an almost infinitely adjustable WR2! Glad to see the same statements being thrown about.

As much as I like large gapped super efficient razors, setting 4 on the Sailor and below is my preferred operational range. However, I've run it up to like 1.5 full rotations with no issues. Best mind your manners up there tho.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ha! I've been saying for months the Sailor is essentially an almost infinitely adjustable WR2! Glad to see the same statements being thrown about.

As much as I like large gapped super efficient razors, setting 4 on the Sailor and below is my preferred operational range. However, I've run it up to like 1.5 full rotations with no issues. Best mind your manners up there tho.

Yes. I agree with you. the experience of Sailor is very similar to wolfman razor.
Murat have improved the box. he provides a wood Lux box, which is suit for this amazing and Lux razor. Interesting~

Yes. I agree with you. the experience of Sailor is very similar to wolfman razor.
Murat have improved the box. he provides a wood Lux box, which is suit for this amazing and Lux razor. Interesting~

I've only see photos of the boxes. I thought the wooden one was for the Elite Series and the Blue one was for Sailor. Murat said the blue is of higher quality. My prototype did not come with a box but I believe Murat is going to send an extra box for it when my Model S ships.

I've only see photos of the boxes. I thought the wooden one was for the Elite Series and the Blue one was for Sailor. Murat said the blue is of higher quality. My prototype did not come with a box but I believe Murat is going to send an extra box for it when my Model S ships.
Yes, you are right. congrat you will have a box.
I don't have the wood box, because of the first batch of Sailor 2020.
Murat does his best to improve the quilty of razors, including physical indicatiors(blade exposure, blade gap and so on) and the shape of razors.

Here is prototype #3. My Sailor S should ship next week.

I am rather partial to these. Its almost RAD killer. The Ti version due later in the year should be just about perfect.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Very nice photo...

I was reading in dfs that the ttanium would only come out end of 2021 - has Murat brought his schedule forward?

Mine came in a navy blue wooden lacquered and polished box so I hope thta is the higher quality one.

Yes, you are right. congrat you will have a box.
I don't have the wood box, because of the first batch of Sailor 2020.
Murat does his best to improve the quilty of razors, including physical indicatiors(blade exposure, blade gap and so on) and the shape of razors.

Lol it sounds like every newer batch will see better and better furnishings and goodies that come with the razor.

There is something about wielding the razor- yes its wielding and not using. It eallyfeels like an intricate and substantial precision instrument in the hand...

Very nice photo...

I was reading in dfs that the ttanium would only come out end of 2021 - has Murat brought his schedule forward?

You may be right. He told me a month ago it was coming but no date set for production. I may have confused the Ti with the all SS model (like the prototype) that is supposed to drop too. If it ships anytime in 2021, I'll be first in line.

Top Bottom