What's new

2020 Rocnel Sailor adjustable razor production model

That's interesting. I told you on the other forum that I tried max setting at 14, only made it with my sideburns and called it quits. I see no reason to venture beyond 10..unless you had a beard that was like a foot long or a year's growth.

Agreed. At some point it is just more gap. I think 10 is a good number for me, based on the 2020. Law of diminishing returns. That's quite alright too. It also requires more focus than I can normally muster. At some point the shave is no longer fun.

@loot Thank you James! I just sent Murat a message on Instagram. I’m excited to hear his response and join this crazy, growing club of Sailors [emoji846]

Gold ring you say?? I want that!!
Not my photo.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Agreed. At some point it is just more gap. I think 10 is a good number for me, based on the 2020. Law of diminishing returns. That's quite alright too. It also requires more focus than I can normally muster. At some point the shave is no longer fun.
I think what you said about at some point turning these up are diminished returns.
I turned mine up bunch a few days ago. I think it was on like 12 or so, didn't get the readers out to make exactly sure.
It was still relatively smooth, bit I couldn't see any extra benefits.
I'll probably be staying in the 2-5 ish range.
It interesting to adjust these, just to see what they will do.

I decided to go 5-4-3 on my 3 passes. Rewarded with a silky smooth BBS shave. Extremely efficient on setting 5 yet maintains smoothness, somehow. I’m convinced that the weight of the razor is contributing to its impressive efficiency.

Extremely impressed yet again. Only the Wr2 1.45 left me with this type of BBS, yet the RS 21 is smoother and more comfortable.

What can’t the Rocnel Sailor do?!?
567E85C4-4EDF-489D-A984-D1216759595C.jpeg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
While most are going ‘wild’ on this Sailor, I decided to shave on the dot — mildest setting. Smoooooooth operator, this Sailor. Paired with a Perma-Sharp (thanks, @BradWorld ), this was a buttery shave on nearly two days’ growth. Two insanely smooth passes left my face happy. But, I decided to crank her up to IV for a final AGT pass. Even at 4, this thing glides effortlessly across the shave plane. Marvelous razor.
E8C77507-5D85-41CC-8181-3D6D8076BDC6.jpeg

I shaved on a 4 setting and hit the point of diminishing returns for me for daily shaving. I noticed the irritation on one sensitive part of my neck more than any added efficiency. I will still keep this setting in my back pocket for multiple days of beard growth.

Of course, that doesn't mean I won't use it in mix and match settings or crank it up further just to see what happens.

Top Bottom