100 Rapira Platinum Lux
400 Astra SP
Razorock Plague Doctor
Razorock Sicily
Razorock Essential Oil of Lime
Pack of 4 Razorock shave sticks
Pack of 4 Razorock 3milled
SOC Boar Taj

I'm a teacher. Our last day of school before spring break was March 6 - and we haven't been back since. And we won't be this school year (last day of school is this Friday!).

The free time allowed me to get back on B&B as well as go a little crazy buying stuff. I bought: a Schick Krona; a refurbished brush (Ever Ready 100T with new synthetic knot); Speick aftershave; and three soaps, all from Mike's - Peppermint & Rosemary, Lavender shave stick, and Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper (the last two are still in transit). That doesn't include a new watch, but that was a birthday gift to myself so it doesn't count.

We went in intelligent lock down in the Netherlands around March 23. And as an acupuncturist were not allowed to work. Started practice on may 12th.
those 8 weeks we (me and my mum, dad passed away last dec) try to see as unpaid involuntarily holiday but also some time to recover from last three years of nursing. financial it was crap but spiritual mental and physical it was very good.

time to do lots of small and big chores
Still busy with changing my small garden no pond but a raised deck.

shaving wise just ordered some stuff at meissner Tremonia in Germany. But no real covid inflicting buying spree (that fake grass and a new airco was tooo much I guess)

Attachments

• 51803AB8-66B5-445B-B022-08E6C8841774.jpeg
    51803AB8-66B5-445B-B022-08E6C8841774.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 5D9FDB71-F899-4E45-8425-B1D30F6061B8.jpeg
    5D9FDB71-F899-4E45-8425-B1D30F6061B8.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 18
  • F1095F1E-36C8-47A6-A041-6D2AAF2A5D63.jpeg
    F1095F1E-36C8-47A6-A041-6D2AAF2A5D63.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 18
Not too much for me. I had never tried a boar brush, so decided to pull the trigger. So, I have a Mondial 1908 Tortoise Shell brush coming whenever the mail can bring it from Australia.I'm not going to start holding my breath until at least a month from now.

Nothing for me, and I intend to continue along this way. I've some good stuff, and I will use it until it's gone. Buying-because-I-can-afford-it is not my style.
Having said that, I do enjoy reading other folks' tales of fortune, fame and glory.

Buying-because-I-could-afford-it used to be my style, but seems to have vanished over the last couple of months. I'm now focused much more on my community. Everyone, be safe and look out for your community...

Ridpath

FIGHTER!
Buying-because-I-could-afford-it used to be my style, but seems to have vanished over the last couple of months. I'm now focused much more on my community. Everyone, be safe and look out for your community...
I’m still stuck in that stage you mention. A bit immature, you could say- and I wouldn’t disagree. I’m just doing it in tandem with whatever little I can contribute to my community too.

quarantine hadn’t really affected my lifestyle as much either. as far as shaving stuff goes, i dont even want to know how much i spent but i got 2 kamis, a bunch of brushes, a DE razor and, 2 SRs, some of which i haven't received yet. i got some software too. all together over 3000 usd. im done though for at least a year, or i have to give something away before i get something new.

I’m still stuck in that stage you mention. A bit immature, you could say- and I wouldn’t disagree. I’m just doing it in tandem with whatever little I can contribute to my community too.

It’s not immature in the least! Your maturity, in the face of your battle, is inspirational. My little brother, a health food nut, Bible-banging Christian, tea-totaling, medical school professor is getting treatment today for stage 4 liver cancer at MD Anderson in Houston. I’ve thought about you a lot over the last few days...

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I work mostly in the event and tradeshow industry. So my work is about 80% shutdown. And I’m self employed, so I’m pretty much hosed work wise. So what do I do? I buy a Charcoal Goods Level 2, which is nearly the most expensive razor I had ever purchased. Definitely the most expensive new razor purchase. Made me feel better. 😎 But the CG’s record didn’t last long, as two weeks later my name came up on the Wolfman list. Not the best timing, but how could I refuse! So yeah, ten days following I got my new Wolf. So I’ve been quite naughty during this time. You live once... so live it well!

Ridpath

FIGHTER!
It’s not immature in the least! Your maturity, in the face of your battle, is inspirational. My little brother, a health food nut, Bible-banging Christian, tea-totaling, medical school professor is getting treatment today for stage 4 liver cancer at MD Anderson in Houston. I’ve thought about you a lot over the last few days...
Sometimes, for no good reason, I still do things like avoid the lines on pavements or meow at stray cats. Don’t take me too seriously! :)

All the best to both yourself and your brother on this next leg of your journeys. Facing something like this without familial support sucks - I speak from experience. Here’s hoping he‘s good at whac-a-mole too, and keeps hammering the disease into submission wherever it dares show its head.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
No great shaving expenditure, though I did buy a brush, a few samples, and some spare parts.

However:

Stocked up on vape juice till the end of the year.
Stocked up on pipe tobacco till the end of the year.
Two new pipes.
New food processor.
New pots and pans.
New (to me - refurbished) phones. I've gone back to dumb phones.
Large online butcher order (7+kg) which will last me several months (when it eventually arrives).

Raymondmillbrae

Totally bogus
So far:

Mercur 38C Barber Pole razor
Carbon Shaving CX-316L razor
Captains Choice (large) lather bowl
Soap Commander Integrity (Unscented) soap & balm
Captains Choice Nor’Easter soap & balm
Captains Choice Sandalwood soap & balm
Southern Witchcraft (non-alcohol) Samhain aftershave
On waitlist for a Wolf Whiskers brush

Thinking of purchasing one, nice, straight razor for my office.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Welllll....

My big expenditure came before the lockdown. I gathered up a pile of slants to go with a couple I already had, and did a series of two-weeks-with-each that went up on the Brotherhood of Slant Shavers subforum. That took me from just before to a week or so ago.

I decided while doing that to explore AC razors next, hoping to get more comfortable with the ATT SE1. That was about the time RazoRock announced the Hawk V3 so I decided to put some of the money I would normally spend going to see family in the States into razors. So far I've spent about what the round-trip gas costs. I also bought 100 Astra SP blades.

After the AC thing gets under control -- at a month of shaves per blade it's gonna take a while -- I'm thinking about returning to Gem and Gemish razors for a while. That may necessitate the purchase of a Sabre at last to round out a Gem/Gemish stable that goes from a 1905 Gem Jr. Bar to an ATT G1 with some tweaks. But that could be the end of the year.

Very fortunate to live in British Columbia which has about the lowest incidence in North America. It's hard enough, I reckon, and all you who have it harder have my full sympathy, compassion and best wishes. There were a few days early on when I had trouble shaving because my hands were shaking too badly. After the three-week panic attack burned out I've been pretty level since then. Also fairly well shaved. [grin]

O.H.

Top Bottom