What's new

2020 Paradigm Diamondback

The first thing Andy should do is take care of his outstanding debts before even entertaining the thought of selling another razor or anything in general...

I personally can't support someone like Andy, regardless of what chain of events happened in his life the debt has gone unpaid for almost 2 yrs now. Andy's story doesn't even add up as he said his wife walked out with the money in June of 2018 and Phil didn't even send the money until Nov 2018 so how could she have taken off with Phil's money if he hadn't even sent it yet? Shady!!!

Oh wow - is there a place I can read up on the Andy saga?

Also go to DFS & the ‘Paradigm Shaveware and Grooming Dept To Collaborate On Apogee Razors’ thread – start at page 8 where issue(s) were raised and Andy then proceeded to answer questions further on regarding the controversy. I found it useful in helping make an assessment on what was going on.

I will also mention that this ‘collaboration’ has also ended. Not meaning to sound like I may be spreading scuttlebutt, but had this confirmed from a source I think anyone would consider as reliable, and I do not wish to reveal what it was, so will not be elaborating on this.

Between the whole thing with Bullgoose and the fact that Paradigm razors are over-hyped and completely unremarkable, I'm not all that bothered... plenty of better razors out there. I'd prefer to give my money to makers who not only make an effort to produce attainable razors but that also do business with the highest of ethics.

completely unremarkable? :001_unsur I must have bad taste then when it comes to razors, all 6 of them belong to my best shavers, I'll better sell them but then again who would want them :001_rolle (btw I'm only interested in shaving stuff not the person behind it, not fair to do so on the net imho)

I have to agree - the diamondback performs phenomenally in terms of smoothness and efficiency and it is no over hyped product. I say this even though I didn't have the most satisfactory experience buying it because Andrew sold me the 2020 diamond back with some marred finishing on the bottom of the top cap and that's why it was at a cheaper price. That was fine with me but it was supposed to be coming with no marred finish on any other part of the razor. When I got it, I didnt notice immediately but after a few days I realised rhat the sides of the top cap had some marred finish on the outside. That was not supposed to be there but I didnt pursue that issue with andrew. I am not happy with that but it isnt something that I figured was worth disputing. So I dont have any motive to be that charitable towards paradigm so believe me when i say that the diamondback is one of my favourite razors among all that I own despite that because of its superb performance and solid feel.

If what bullgoose claims is true then my sympathies are with bullgoose rather than paradigm but ultimately I would not be interested in the asylum razor because even when viewed as favourably to bullgoose's version as possible, two wrongs never make a right and even if paradigm wronged bullgoose, IMHO that doesnt justify bullgoose copying the design of the paradigm 17-4. YMMV of course but that's how I see it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom