What's new

2020 NFL Season

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Tom Brady is still good at football.
Brady = GOAT. And I’m a Steelers fan.

Playing in his 10th Super Bowl. That is truly remarkable. Especially considering the parity that exits in the cartel known as the National Football League. I've never been a fan of his but there is no doubt he's the greatest QB to ever don a helmet.

Brady v. Mahomes. Should be an instant classic.

Agreed. Chiefs first to play in back to back championships since Brady and the Patriots about 15 years ago....again another example of the parity in the NFL. Tampa Bay playing at home. Young MVP against the GOAT. Lots of good story lines for this game, should be a good one.

Anyone catch Tony Romo’s peepee pants stain before the 2nd half started?

My wife caught it. I had to do a double take, but yup... he had a dribble spot on TV at the Super Bowl. That’s definitely a first for me. 😁

31-9
Wow I thought it would have been a close game. I gotta get me some of that Brady prehab!
Crazy. I thought the Chiefs would win by a few.

And Gronk comes out of retirement and wins his 4th ring...with the oldest coach ever to win a SB... and beat 3 SB MVP quarterbacks this year in the playoffs to do it. Can’t write a season ending like that!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Anyone catch Tony Romo’s peepee pants stain before the 2nd half started?

My wife caught it. I had to do a double take, but yup... he had a dribble spot on TV at the Super Bowl. That’s definitely a first for me. 😁
Oh glad I
Missed that. Gives new meaning to the romo “report”
Crazy. I thought the Chiefs would win by a few.

And Gronk comes out of retirement and wins his 4th ring...with the oldest coach ever to win a SB... and beat 3 SB MVP quarterbacks this year in the playoffs to do it. Can’t write a season ending like that!
I was sort of thinking the same thing. With social distancing no one will check the ball inflation 😂

The Bucs had an incredible defense. They stopped the Chiefs, a great offensive team. And to think the Jets fired Todd Boles, the defensive coach, who had been the Jets head coach for four years.

The only part of the game I didn't like was the incessant talking of Romo and Nantz. With less than a minute to go in the first half and a time out called, Brady was yelling something to the coaches on the sidelines. I would have liked to know what he was saying but they talked over him. Then with the final minutes, Brady started to say something to his team but they talked over him.

My biggest complaints about NFL coverage: (1) they try to portray Goodell as a saint, (2) they talk far too much. I am interested in the present game - not statistics of past games; (3) they spend too much time talking about their own lives (what they had for dinner, playing golf, etc.) It has gotten so bad I now turn the sound off when Joe Buck is the announcer.

I wish they would take a lesson from the college games.

Rant over!

As a long time Patriots fan it was so weird watching Tom and Gronk in the SB with a different team - but unless they are playing the Patriots I can't help but root for them.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
The Bucs had an incredible defense. They stopped the Chiefs, a great offensive team. And to think the Jets fired Todd Boles, the defensive coach, who had been the Jets head coach for four years.

The only part of the game I didn't like was the incessant talking of Romo and Nantz. With less than a minute to go in the first half and a time out called, Brady was yelling something to the coaches on the sidelines. I would have liked to know what he was saying but they talked over him. Then with the final minutes, Brady started to say something to his team but they talked over him.

My biggest complaints about NFL coverage: (1) they try to portray Goodell as a saint, (2) they talk far too much. I am interested in the present game - not statistics of past games; (3) they spend too much time talking about their own lives (what they had for dinner, playing golf, etc.) It has gotten so bad I now turn the sound off when Joe Buck is the announcer.

I wish they would take a lesson from the college games.

Rant over!

Agree that the Buc's defense won the game. Fantastic game plan and they executed flawlessly. They took advantage of the banged up offensive line of Kansas City and had Mahomes running for his life the whole game and completely shut down Tyreek Hill. As much as I've gone on and on in this thread about QB's being the most important part of the modern day NFL (and I still stand by that, you've got to have an elite QB to be successful - look no further than the team that won last night to prove this point), this was a throwback style game of the old maxim "defense wins championships" Some fans may have been disappointed, thinking it too boring and not getting to see a much anticipated shoot out, but I still think it was a good game worth watching.

Completely agree with you about announcers talking too much in general. I also think it's ridiculous that they have half a dozen or more analysts pontificating during the pre-game, halftime, and post game.

One thing that I've found that helps block some of that out during certain events on ESPN is that if you are using a streaming service and it's a marquee game, they sometimes have three different broadcasts. One is the traditional, one is often in Spanish, and one is often a different camera angle with no commentary, but you obviously still get the sounds of the game. They've done this for several basketball games (I watched Duke and Carolina like this last year and loved it) and I think they may have done it for the college football championship as well. You may not like the camera angle at first, as it's often the one above the court that moves back and forth, but it's actually kind of interesting since you get to see the floor better and can watch plays unfold, etc. And it's a real treat not having to listen to Dick Vitale or some other announcer's antics....

I grew up watching the NFL in the late 1950s. I remember watching Y.A. Tittle NYG games in the early 60s, then watching the great Namath/Lamonica battles, the Heidi game, and the Jets win the Super Bowl in my college dorm. I haven't rooted for a NY team since Namath retired and the Giants traded Tarkenton. I can hold a sports grudge for a long time. In the 80s and 90s, when I was working 2 jobs, and Sunday was my only day off, my daughters would complain to my wife that "Dad has football on, and we want to watch our shows". By the time I retired almost 11 years ago, the NFL had lost me as a fan. The games were too long, with too many breaks, too many commercials, too many replays and lousy announcers. For most of my retirement years, I claimed to be a NE fan. At first it was just to annoy the grandkids, then to annoy everyone else. With a new 65" 4k TV, bought a few weeks ago, I was looking forward to finally watching the super bowl in HD, but I forgot it was on. Adios NFL. Based on the whining I heard this morning, I'm glad Brady won. I hope he wins another 7.

Last edited:

I'm not a Jets fan but I live in the NYC area so I had to hear the constant ranting from the media and Jets fans. As a neutral, 3rd party, I didn't think Bowls was a bad head coach. Certainly better than Adam Gaze. The Jets might have been more patient with Bowls but that organization just plain makes bad decisions and don't learn from them (Rule 1 for the Jets... Never draft a QB from Southern California).

My biggest complaints about NFL coverage: (1) they try to portray Goodell as a saint,

Goodell is a saint in the church that all the owners worship in. The church of profit. Announcers aren't going to antagonize Goodell or the owners. Goodell has made all of them a TON of money. Under Goodell, the NFL sent a church having a Super Bowl fundraiser a cease and desist letter for trademark violation.

I'm not a Jets fan but I live in the NYC area so I had to hear the constant ranting from the media and Jets fans. As a neutral, 3rd party, I didn't think Bowls was a bad head coach. Certainly better than Adam Gaze. The Jets might have been more patient with Bowls but that organization just plain makes bad decisions and don't learn from them

I haven't been a Jets fan since Namath played. I don't even watch the SB any more. After reading an article in a NY paper yesterday, that Bowles and the defense should have been named MVP, I taped the game and watched it today. Bowles may not be the best head coach for a bad football team, but that article was right. His defense won that game.

Top Bottom