What's new

2020 Corn Cob Pipe Modification Contest

Mike H

Instagram Famous
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I decided what to do. Now I'm waiting until the first of the month to pick up a dremel and a couple bits. I have a good enough drill press, calipers, taps, dies, and saws at work for the stem.

Sadly, any "fun" purchases are put on hold for a little while. A new rear motorcycle tire, mirrors, battery, and rear blinkers cost money when you have to unexpectedly have to buy them all at once.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I'm still turning concepts over in my mind but I think I'll be starting the physical work just after election day.

Nautical theme for mine I believe... A few more supplies will also be needed.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Well, my project pipes made it to OKC earlier this evening. They should be to me by tomorrow. Sadly though, I’ll be a little delayed in getting started. Yesterday I was clearing some fallen limbs from last week’s ice storm. While sawing with a handsaw, I folded the skin back on my knuckle and required a few stitches. :facep:Should take a few more days to completely heal up.

CB988600-A21C-496B-85DA-AD1A4E61445B.jpeg

257FAC98-6808-4D5D-8AA3-A397303EE5CE.jpeg

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Eek! With a handsaw no less. Must have been a jagged cut.

Yep, with a handsaw! I am right handed too. As I was sawing, I did my push motion with a lot of force. There was an angled cut I did earlier on the branch. My knuckle hit the previously cut spot and just peeled the skin back. I tried to continue sawing but the skin kept flapping back so I stopped, did a quick field dressing, finished my cuts, ate lunch and then went the urgent care. I think it took 3 maybe 4 stitches.

Well, my project pipes made it to OKC earlier this evening. They should be to me by tomorrow. Sadly though, I’ll be a little delayed in getting started. Yesterday I was clearing some fallen limbs from last week’s ice storm. While sawing with a handsaw, I folded the skin back on my knuckle and required a few stitches. :facep:Should take a few more days to completely heal up.

View attachment 1176960

View attachment 1176961

Oh . . . that'll buff right out.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose

View attachment 1176960

View attachment 1176961
Dang buddy, glad it wasn't worse! Heal up.

Top Bottom