What's new

INFO! 2020 Badger & Blade Gold Dollar Mod Competition Entry Thread

1596399750218.png

1596399863619.png

1596399941661.png

1596400022489.png

Wow these are truly incredible. Going to have to mull over which one to vote for but those are some truly awesome looking straights! I applaud you all and look forward to thus comp every year!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Congratulation Gents. Three fantastic entries. You all should be very proud of your efforts with the Modding.

hello guys,
first of all let me highlight that prior I started this threat I search forum:) Still I hope there might be something which some of members would like to share.
So Im going to to Gold Dollar 66 sharpening. As I already sharpened like 10 before I know there is problem with heel. Do you have some advice what is the most effective way how to solve it/improve it?
I have Dremel, and polishing grinder, and also Tormek (I found that Tormek paster on its leather wheel is very good combo for poslishing:)

Maybe if you share some photos of basic modification of heel as well?:)

Many thanks

Tomas

Each year we run a competition where people modify a Gold Dollar 66 and make it into a good beautiful shaver. You might want to look at some of those threads. This year one of our entrants posted this summary of what is needed. INFO! - 2020 Gold Dollar Mod Competition *EXTENDED UNTIL AUGUST* - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/2020-gold-dollar-mod-competition-extended-until-august.587517/post-10701299

Other threads can be found in the compendium of the previous years’ competitions.

Hopefully one of our experienced razor modders will chime in. Good luck!

Reactions: CCR
hello guys,
first of all let me highlight that prior I started this threat I search forum:) Still I hope there might be something which some of members would like to share.
So Im going to to Gold Dollar 66 sharpening. As I already sharpened like 10 before I know there is problem with heel. Do you have some advice what is the most effective way how to solve it/improve it?
I have Dremel, and polishing grinder, and also Tormek (I found that Tormek paster on its leather wheel is very good combo for poslishing:)

Maybe if you share some photos of basic modification of heel as well?:)

Many thanks

Tomas

i used to use the dremel barrel to get rid of the bulk of the 66 heel. thats all there was to it.

Reactions: CCR
Top Bottom