What's new

2020-2024 Leap Year Restraint/2020s Restraint (10 years)

Don't know about BS.. but my Vitos extra coco will hit two years of 3017 daily shaves next weekend. This one soap is likely to last really close four years.

Don't know about BS.. but my Vitos extra coco will hit two years of 3017 daily shaves next weekend. This one soap is likely to last really close four years.

Good lord 2 years of daily use?! With 2 more to go?!! That’s some true dedication. I’ve considered buying a 250g brick of Boellis Panama but can’t bring myself to commit to that much of one scent.

Good lord 2 years of daily use?! With 2 more to go?!! That’s some true dedication. I’ve considered buying a 250g brick of Boellis Panama but can’t bring myself to commit to that much of one scent.

LOL - I have one of those in my queue of 58 unopened soaps. At 250g it is the largest in the queue (along with a RR Santa Maria Del Fiore Sapone Da Barba). I have some 200g MdC in there as well and the rest is in the 60 (Haslinger) to 150 (PdP and some RR). To be honest I am not sure what soap I will 3017 next but I have a little bit of time to decide. At one point I was thinking about moving through the list soft -> hard... but at this point I mostly want the next soap to not last a full four years.

I sound like I am complaining but the last 726 shaves have been pretty darn good so I don't fear 700+ more great shaves.

Hi,

I use a 50/50 mix of vintage Oster tallow and modern Carden Farms glycerine. Have for years now. And, I have enough here to last at least as long as this restraint is in effect.....

And, neither soap has a scent beyond that of....soap. :p

Stan

Approached

A Crossing

Without Looking

Who Will Eat

His Widow's Cooking?

Burma-Shave

In those days, there were no lights or gates at most railroad crossings. The rules said you stopped your car at each crossing and looked and listened for the train. Or else....the reason for this jingle.

Stan - Still In

If You

Don't Know

Whose Signs

These Are

You Can't Have

Driven Very Far

Hi,

Note that this set is missing the usual Burma Shave as the final sign. Clever!

Stan

Well gents i’m bowing out. Didn’t think i would but Fine discontinued their Lavender aftershave and Krampert’s Finest closed up shop all in the same month. Since they’re 2 of my 3 favorite aftershaves, i couldn’t just sit by and watch them go extinct. I bought up the last 3 Krampert’s Frostbite that Maggard Razors had and 2 of the last 18 Fine Lavender’s in stock on Amazon. I wish i could’ve stuck it out, but future me 3 years hence will thank past me for purchasing these great, now gone, aftershaves. I wavered for days over the decision but ultimately decided that i’d regret not buying the last of my favorite aftershaves more than i’d regret admitting defeat here. It’s been a fun ride and i wish you all the best!

-Macduff

Hi,

Aw, man! In the year-long this year, this is being referred to as Beamed Into Space. I hate when that happens!

Keep popping in for the Burma Shave jingles.

Stan

Hi,

Aw, man! In the year-long this year, this is being referred to as Beamed Into Space. I hate when that happens!

Keep popping in for the Burma Shave jingles.

Stan

Thanks Stan. I’m actually quite disappointed i bowed out because i really couldn’t think of a single thing i wanted that i didn’t already have. When Fine Lavender went the way of the dodo i figured i’d find another lavender aftershave but Krampert’s Frostbite was truly unique and i guess i couldn’t let it go without stockpiling a few. Oh well. C’est la vie. I’ll still check out the Burmashaves though! Best of luck to everyone who’s still in!

Top Bottom