What's new

2020-2024 Leap Year Restraint/2020s Restraint (10 years)

2 products went down on the same day: Grooming Dept Preshave and my GIS Barbershop cream I bought in Greece. Both lasted an insanely long time. The pre-shave has been going every shave since 02/2019!

Attachments

• 724BF6BD-64AF-4384-8958-214D58D5BFB0.jpeg
    724BF6BD-64AF-4384-8958-214D58D5BFB0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Hi,

I haven't run out of anything yet. I might get to the bottom in OS mug #1 with my 50/50 mix of vintage Oster tallow and modern Carden Farms glycerine next year.

I had a partial amount in one mug and a partial amount in another when I got done working in Texas the end of 2013. I came home and combined the two into one mug. That's what I am still using up. Then, my wife got me a new puck of Carden Farms for Christmas.

I get to make a full OS mug of the mix with one Oster puck (smaller) and half of a Carden Farms (larger) and had an empty OS mug plus the one I cleared out. So, that means I have two full OS mugs of the mix plus the partial, which is nearing the bottom. I can ride out the entire 10 year run with what I have on hand. :)

And, on top of that, I have two *more* OS mugs from my Dad with OS soap still in them. I use those on special days. But, they are there as backups to the backup to the full new mix. :p

Now, what to do about blades? I have enough for next year. But. My wife has resumed using her Lady Gillette and I can no longer calculate the blade usage accurately. I use two per month, but she varies her use quite a bit. I might have to buy early come Jan 1st. I am always in the original year-long restraint and have to plan my buying for the first two weeks every January....

Stanh

Wow, Stan running on the ragged edge with the blades. I think I have something like 2358 or so blades and might be able to pif ya a some if you come in short. Just retired a Dorco st301 yesterday with 50 shaves on it, I might have a few extras.

Hi,

Thanks! I think I will just be proactive and order 100 come Jan 2nd, though. If I am correct, I'll just be a January early. If I am not, then I don't need to bust out of my eighth successive sabbatical. ;)

If I were just in this 10-year long one, I'd wait until I loaded my last blade. But, I see this as a replacement. I didn't join up until after my two-week window had passed or I'd have ordered a box this past January.

Stan

Hi,

It is pretty decent. Decent enough I wish it was still around. I also wish Yardley was still around. Actually, a tad more than I wish OS was still here.

I do OK with my mix. The Oster isn't quite slick enough and the Carden Farms has plenty of slick but tries out too quickly. The Oster fixes that and so I have both.

But, the OS has both as it is.

Stan

Give Hand Signals

To Those Behind

They Don't Know

What's In

Your Mind

Burma-Shave

Hi,

Most cars at this point in time didn't have turn signals or even brake lights. Hence, hand signals. They usually had only one tail lamp that came on with the headlamps. And, the old 6 volt generator system usually didn't have any more current output than what was needed to run the ignition and the three bulbs. I have had experience with many old pre-war cars and they really didn't need brake lights. They didn't have brakes worth the while for the lights. My diesel truck slows faster with the engine than the old cars typically did with what brakes they had. :p

Stan

Hi gents!

Just wanted to inform you that the 2021 annual sabbatical thread is open now for subscription...

Prickly Pears

Are Picked

For Pickles

No Peach Picks

A Face That Prickles

Burma-Shave

Hi,

Say this one three times fast. Heck, I can't even get it out one time slow! :p

Stan

The 2021 Sabbatical may create a conflict with this one. If you need to buy extra soap or anything else to make it through one year, that's acceptable. I won't impose a strict resupply period around the first of the year. Use whatever works for the one-year restraint.

Hi gents!

Just wanted to inform you that the 2021 annual sabbatical thread is open now for subscription...

There may be some conflicts that arise. We will adjust this restraint as the annual restraint has a longer history.

Hi,

All I need, to be safe with my wife using the same blades now, is a 100 pack of Med Preps. It's a buy-to-replace but just within the year-long restock window for my Year Eight. This way if the blade stock runs out during 2021 I don't have to drop out of it.

Stan

Top Bottom