What's new

2020-2024 Leap Year Restraint/2020s Restraint (10 years)

Be

No

Longer

Lather's Slave

Treat Yourself To

Burma-Shave

Hi,

Sorry. Got a tad busy there end of last week. Had to actually pay attention to making a spot of cash there. ;)

Anyway, back to the old Burma Shave ads. Gotta keep being distracted from buying shaving stuff by talking about something we can no longer buy! :)

Stan

Hey Stan, we were discussing a clients idea to put a series of signs on the lap posts leading to there corp. HQ and my boss, who is the same age as me, and I said at the exact same time....Burma Shave!

Hi,

Yeah!

We have a guy running for Gov here in NC: Forest. So, they have a series of signs - white on red - like so:

Run

Forest

Run

So, these are playing on multiple references. Pretty neat, actually. :)

Stan

Just checking in to say good luck to us all. No way I'm spending money on the shaving gear for a very simple reason: I've all I could possibly need, and I'm not going to complicate things by acquiring more stuff.

Shaving Brushes

You'll Soon See Em

Way Down East

In Some

Museum

Burma-Shave

Hi,

And, there it is! Except, I seem to recall it said South, not East. So, I suppose we will see it again at some point. Reused.

Stan

And, I missed yesterday. And, the next one is rather lame. Another sales-figure one where I wonder how they figured out the difference in number of customers vs. number of jars sold.... anyway, a 2 for 1 day today. ;)

Five

Hundred

Thousand

Men

Use

Burma-Shave

If you're feverish

(and not in the USA)

Get tested

If you are not

Why not panic buy

Some after shave

(Actually I did not so I'm still in after 2 weeks out of 209. Just for fun I tried to shave using regular soap, the result are OK but I had to relather every 30 seconds. The more I know...)

If you're feverish

(and not in the USA)

Get tested

If you are not

Why not panic buy

Some after shave

(Actually I did not so I'm still in after 2 weeks out of 209. Just for fun I tried to shave using regular soap, the result are OK but I had to relather every 30 seconds. The more I know...)

Please don't mention the topic. It will get the thread locked. Don't discuss this possibility on this thread.

Thanks

Shaving Brushes

You'll Soon See 'Em

On The Shelf

In Some

Museum

Burma-Shave

Ah. There is another variant. Well, we are still in the Early Days. Probably, they were putting these up as fast as they could along ever greater number of roads. So, some variations on a theme.

And, the next one in the list is another update on their sales:

Six

Hundred

Thousand

Men

Use

Burma-Shave

I peeked ahead and don't see another sales update for 1930. There are six more in the 1930 list.

Stan

Hi,

Yeah!

We have a guy running for Gov here in NC: Forest. So, they have a series of signs - white on red - like so:

Run

Forest

Run

So, these are playing on multiple references. Pretty neat, actually. :)

Stan

They had those for ***** (no politics) when s/he ran for senator in *** ****. People would put them on their front bumper.

Amazon is going to stop or reduce selling of non-essential items. This may be a result of the Stafford Act Declarations which were implemented today.

Those who selected a buy to replace strategy may transition freely to a desert island strategy. The rules are suspended until further notice. Do what you think is right. We will resume when and if we can.

Personally, I'm continuing the desert island strategy.

Good luck everyone. Let's not discuss politics or medical recommendations so the thread doesn't get locked. Thanks.

1880 A.D.

Straight Razor And

Shaving Soap

1930 A.D.

Safety Razor And

Burma-Shave

I wonder if there is a recipie out there anywhere for this old Burma-Shave stuff? If there is, maybe we can make it a group exception.... ;)

I wouldn't trust any left over from The Day. I suspect it isn't stable in the long term the way hard soap is. I have this Oster hard soap left over from the 1950s at the latest, and it is fine.

On another topic, anyone seen these ads on TV for a new show where the guys *eat* really old food? I mean decades old and not stuff canned from the garden two or three years ago. I regularly eat old canned (my canning) and frozen (vacuum sealed) food from my garden. it is easy to know when that is still good and when it is not.

Stan - Still In...

...with the replacement game as the first I will need anything is almost two years from now. And, that'll be blades. I won't need soap, brush or razor for the entire ten years. So, almost Desert Island except I didn't feel the need to grab enough blades to be fully DI during my restock period between the year-long restraints.

I use Amazon as little as possible and I'm not in the USA, so no rule change for me: buy to replace. However I will buy with more margin than I planned because I will not go shopping just for shaving. I still have something like 3 months' supply of blades, at least 6 months of after shave balm (I'm down to using it once a week so one bottle will last a long time) and less than two months of shaving cream so I might buy a tube of palmolive classic cream soon. It's sold everywhere, in the worst case I would have to pay 1,5€ instead of 1€.

Hi,

As far as I can tell, like a Noxzema jar. But, they had tubes as well. I just checked eBay real quick, and there are some listed. You might peruse and see if anyone measured.

Stan

Top Bottom